IGNORED

Millwall

35 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Sounds as though Millwall are sacking Joe Edwards. Another short reign for a championship manager. Expected to reappoint Neil Harris.

So that’s Swansea, Birmingham, Millwall and Sunderland all sacking managers after less than half a season this year….

• Like 2

Only managers to make a discernible difference so far coming in are Cifuentes and Rohl albeit from a terrible base.

Could add Mowbray too but sample size rather small. However yes he seems a notable improvement on Rooney.

I expect Eustace may tighten Blackburn up too, albeit how far or otherwise of the League?

Beyond that...? Either stood still or gone backwards.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Since they won at Ashton Gate it's 0 wins, 1 draw and 7 defeats. 🙄 Can't say I am too surprised that getting rid of Rowett for Frank Lampard's assistant hasn't worked. The Sheff Wed loss dragged them into the relegation fight and I think keeping Edwards and hoping he turns it around would be a bigger gamble than giving Harris another go.

If there was a bad mid season manager change award this season I would still go for Birmingham to get 1st prize, with Millwall and Sunderland both in the running for 2nd I am struggling to decide there.

Reported Neil Harris is set to rejoin Millwall as Manager on an 18 month deal.

Harris is currently manager of Cambridge United who currently sit 17th in League One.

Hardly an inspiring appointment for Millwall. Who are now dancing with relegation themselves.

9 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Since they won at Ashton Gate it's 0 wins, 1 draw and 7 defeats. 🙄 Can't say I am too surprised that getting rid of Rowett for Frank Lampard's assistant hasn't worked. The Sheff Wed loss dragged them into the relegation fight and I think keeping Edwards and hoping he turns it around would be a bigger gamble than giving Harris another go.

If there was a bad mid season manager change award this season I would still go for Birmingham to get 1st prize, with Millwall and Sunderland both in the running for 2nd I am struggling to decide there.

Us?

I’M JOKING - EVERYONE CALM DOWN

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

So that’s Swansea, Birmingham, Millwall and Sunderland all sacking managers after less than half a season this year….

Surely they should have given their managers time and that those managers deserved a pre season and to be able to bring in their own players? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

If somehow Millwall and Birmingham can get relegated, that’s two of them ‘orrible teams we struggle against out of the way! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If somehow Millwall and Birmingham can get relegated, that’s two of them ‘orrible teams we struggle against out of the way! 🤣

It's a nice little toss up isn't it.

Stoke are also worried about the drop, I'm not so sure but 2 of those 3..well yeah. Birmingham with Mowbray at the wheel should be fine but he is handing over to Venus for what could be 6-8 weeks so who knows.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Preston will need to go on a horrendous run to make it 3!

• Haha 1

And QPR?? ? Its always a sell out, good away support at home and away games

Most of us felt that result, and/or something similar this weekend were on the cards as 'Lamball' is now so good v top teams but is yet to prove itself against poorer sides.

However, there's another angle to the QPR loss where I'm struggling to remember a home win in that fixture for 12,13 or maybe 14 games. Anyone who keeps or likes looking up stats can tell us. 

• Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Most of us felt that result, and/or something similar this weekend were on the cards as 'Lamball' is now so good v top teams but is yet to prove itself against poorer sides.

However, there's another angle to the QPR loss where I'm struggling to remember a home win in that fixture for 12,13 or maybe 14 games. Anyone who keeps or likes looking up stats can tell us. 

We won 4 in a row at home between 2017 and 2019, now lost 4 in a row

• Robin 1

32 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Seems Millwall are very happy with this choice, odd bunch

Depends - he steadied them at this level in the first instance and sounds as if the players confidence is at an all time low - at least with Harris they know what to expect.

1 hour ago, Cole Not Gas said:

From memory we beat QPR at home in 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20.

Then lost at home in 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23 and 2023-24.

Last home win was August 2019, Nagy scored looked excellent for 45 and then went off injured.

Think was the last for either side.

Who do you want relegated?

QPR or Millwall?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

From memory we beat QPR at home in 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20.

Then lost at home in 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23 and 2023-24.

Last home win was August 2019, Nagy scored looked excellent for 45 and then went off injured.

Think was the last for either side.

Who do you want relegated?

QPR or Millwall?

No strong feelings either way as i dont like either club but, both easy to get to by public transport, so a Yorkshire trio going down would be ok too. Rotherham looked doomed on paper but there's something about them that makes you wonder why? They looked great at top team Ipswich, they were better than us despite T.C getting two great lates. Anyway, They are gone and Sheff Wed's game v us is massive for them.

Go one then push me to decide! Rotherham, Stoke and Swansea.