IGNORED

Bath Forum or is it Loftus Road

Kingswood Robin

Just got back from seeing Rob Brydon at the Bath Forum. Was a good show with plenty of laughs. What did disappoint me was the view from the balcony or circle as they call it. It reminded me of being at QPR where you can't see all of the goal net. You couldn't actually see all of the stage. Therefore I can confirm that Rob Brydon has a head, but not sure about the legs. 

• Admin
12 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Just got back from seeing Rob Brydon at the Bath Forum. Was a good show with plenty of laughs. What did disappoint me was the view from the balcony or circle as they call it. It reminded me of being at QPR where you can't see all of the goal net. You couldn't actually see all of the stage. Therefore I can confirm that Rob Brydon has a head, but not sure about the legs. 

Never been there

But I always use this website when booking nowadays

Photos at bath forum (aviewfrommyseat.co.uk)

12 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Maybe we were lucky with our seats. Saw ABC and Haircut 100 ( both the Wife's choices ) and we had seats upstairs on the RHS. Decent view TBF.

The Bristol Old Vic is famous for the odd arrangement of seating. Many seats have restrictions of view and restrictions of legroom. All makes for an authentic experience and they even have the original benches at the back (for show only).

8 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

The Bristol Old Vic is famous for the odd arrangement of seating. Many seats have restrictions of view and restrictions of legroom. All makes for an authentic experience and they even have the original benches at the back (for show only).

When ever the BOV is mentioned I always think back to a school trip to watch A Christmas Carol. It was a bit slow going, specially for school trips, someone from another school ( I think) started throwing sweets on stage. The play was stopped by one of the ghosts who threatened to stop the Play unless the culprit stopped throwing sweets. Biggest and best laugh of the day.

• Haha 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, miser said:

Try the newly refurbished Beacon. The higher side balcony seats have severely restricted views, although to be fair the other seats will be excellent. 

Looking at the seating is there any difference to the layout to pre rebuild?

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Maybe we were lucky with our seats. Saw ABC and Haircut 100 ( both the Wife's choices ) and we had seats upstairs on the RHS. Decent view TBF.

It's curved inwards towards the sides which might help. We were sat towards the back, in the middle and it looks like the top tier extends too far down and clips off the nearest part of the stage, everything towards the back of the stage was fine, unfortunately Rob was at the front ! 

I think it was originally a cinema, which would have worked fine with a large screen high up behind the stage area.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

It's curved inwards towards the sides which might help. We were sat towards the back, in the middle and it looks like the top tier extends too far down and clips off the nearest part of the stage, everything towards the back of the stage was fine, unfortunately Rob was at the front ! 

I think it was originally a cinema, which would have worked fine with a large screen high up behind the stage area.

Last time there we had good seats to the far RHS , behind was the stairs so no one sat behind us . 

I can picture what you mean now , shame as it's a decent venue. Was in the front couple of rows for Weller , I can vouch it can get hot too. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Looking at the seating is there any difference to the layout to pre rebuild?

Principal difference is there is now 2 balconies, so 3 levels in all. The top level is roughly at the same as old. The mid balcony fits in as the lower level doesn't go back so far. I suspect this level would be prime viewing. Each balcony has extended sides up to the stage. Only tried the top layer, could only see half the stage.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, miser said:

Principal difference is there is now 2 balconies, so 3 levels in all. The top level is roughly at the same as old. The mid balcony fits in as the lower level doesn't go back so far. I suspect this level would be prime viewing. Each balcony has extended sides up to the stage. Only tried the top layer, could only see half the stage.

That is unfortunate. Before they spent £132m on it you could see the whole stage.