IGNORED

What Is The True Cost of this "Management" Team & Should we appoint a Manager?

Compensation to Oxford and 3.5 year deals. Add up all the scenarios, and how much is that and how much will it cost (£) to bin them now or very soon? The cost of relegation is surely much, much more.

Second, LM is a "Head Coach". Maybe he does indeed have very good coaching credentials, but perhaps we need a MANAGER. I believe we do, and could bring one in above Manning. Constructive dismissal? I think not. Pearson wanted to be a Manager, you can see why. We need a man manager and a motivator.

• Like 1

Dismissing him (and staff) would not mean paying out his (their) full contract(s). All will have clauses in their contracts that determine the pay out depending on when and how they leave.

It wouldn't cost the world, and we're on a healthy financial position right now thanks to Bournemouth.

We either need a Manager or we need a CEO. Having neither is odd, and not in a positive way. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Dismissing him (and staff) would not mean paying out his (their) full contract(s). All will have clauses in their contracts that determine the pay out depending on when and how they leave.

It wouldn't cost the world, and we're on a healthy financial position right now thanks to Bournemouth.

We either need a Manager or we need a CEO. Having neither is odd, and not in a positive way. 

Yes, I know that hence the question "add up all the scenarios". Point being, not so much in the great scheme of things, as you concur. The irony about Pearson "on the grass" is that he isn't a coach in the true sense of the word. Similar to types such as Martin O'Neill in his pomp, it's about gravitas. presence and respect. Alex Ferguson at the top of that tree. We need an experienced head, and bloody quick.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Yes, I know that hence the question "add up all the scenarios". Point being, not so much in the great scheme of things, as you concur. The irony about Pearson "on the grass" is that he isn't a coach in the true sense of the word. Similar to types such as Martin O'Neill in his pomp, it's about gravitas. presence and respect. Alex Ferguson at the top of that tree. We need an experienced head, and bloody quick.

Ok, sorry I thought you were asking a different question.

I don't have a precise figure, but would estimate the answer would be something between £500k and £1m.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ok, sorry I thought you were asking a different question.

I don't have a precise figure, but would estimate the answer would be something between £500k and £1m.

Then the relative cost is small compared to even the amount Manning and co are costing us in player sell-on valuations. An owner who was serious about success and appropriately concerned about the failures on the pitch would be making calls right now. Which tells me won’t do anything until mid-April, by which time things could look a lot worse and the options for change a lot less.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

Then the relative cost is small compared to even the amount Manning and co are costing us in player sell-on valuations. An owner who was serious about success and appropriately concerned about the failures on the pitch would be making calls right now. Which tells me won’t do anything until mid-April, by which time things could look a lot worse and the options for change a lot less.

It's a bit of a finger-in-the-air guess, based on assuming relatively standard pay, termination, and payout clauses.

But yeh it wouldn't bankrupt us, push us into FFP danger, or even impact the finances too much.

One way you might even look at it is that the FA Cup run would roughly pay for it.

• Like 1

This club needs a traditional manager figurehead, it’s just more us.

Nige was one, so was Alan Dicks, Garry J, Cotts.  Let’s get back to that, not try to be revolutionary.

Unlikely to come here but I’d go Heckinbottom with a proper CEO

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

We know Lansdown will sit on his hands. The option is to get a manager in above Manning. Unlikely as well. SL will double down and we may well have this speech again:

Thanks for posting. Unsure that there is a great risk this season but...

..At the end SL spoke of a long term team in place. Why that wasn't NP and his team, could prove a notable strategic error. Think they could have been excellent for a few more years at least.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks for posting. Unsure that there is a great risk tbis season but...

..At the end SL spoke of a long term team in place. Why that wasn't NP and his team, could prove a notable strategic error. Think they could have been excellent for a few more years at least.

I don't know where a lot of you get this confidence re: relegation. I've been seeing it as a serious possibility for a while. Hate to say/think it, but you could see seeds of it ages ago. Truth is, we will largely rely on others being more shit than us in the main. UNLESS: This team work with WHAT THEY'VE GOT rather than implementing that which will not work with this group.