IGNORED

Us!! The fans….

BCFC1512

2 minutes ago, BCFC1512 said:

We bang on and on about wanting the Lansclowns out on social media and in the pubs, but do **** all about it!! We need to protest next Sunday!! 

I don't

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

"We"

A very small minority

I wouldn’t say it’s a very small minority anymore , especially the last year or so . 

Don’t get me wrong they’ve redeveloped the stadium nicely for concerts and business events but to us fans it’s surely on the pitch that matters . As a city the size of Bristol we are without a doubt the biggest under achievers in British football even dare I say it in Europe . 

I personally am happy to take the risk of those morons selling up and someone else giving it a go . Everyone is entitled to their opinion as fans of the club but I just don’t understand how anyone can still get behind that ego driven and  incompetent family we have in charge at our club .

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, BCFC1512 said:

We bang on and on about wanting the Lansclowns out on social media and in the pubs, but do **** all about it!! We need to protest next Sunday!! 

Mother's day next Sunday, more important than the shite being served up at Ashton gate

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Mother's day next Sunday, more important than the shite being served up at Ashton gate

Yep can see a lot of ST seats being empty (even more so than normal) next week.

11 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Anything like this needs to be parked until we are safe from relegation 

Yeah good point 

16 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Yes agree. 

Does anyone know WHY we are one of only two teams playing on the Sunday?

It’s clearly just a vain attempt to reduced the risk of trouble. Just about the worst time of season for a football match for many I would suggest, Mothers Day lunch time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

"We"

A very small minority

Not so small I'm thinking. I've never watched such boring professional football as is being served up under Manning. ALL those sat around me yesterday thought the same. The sooner he goes the better.

• Flames 1

51 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Yes agree. 

Does anyone know WHY we are one of only two teams playing on the Sunday?

Police request was the reason given last summer. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/swansea-home-clash-moved/

I'm guessing that Rovers v Derby County (and a likely full away following) played some part in that. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Police request was the reason given last summer. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/swansea-home-clash-moved/

I'm guessing that Rovers v Derby County (and a likely full away following) played some part in that. 

When it comes to our fixture clashes with that side, it does appear to be us who have to move, to be inconvenienced more than them?

Too many of our fan base like to complain but ultimately won’t do anything but renew and hope.

This is why the Lansdowns and Tinnion can bury their heads and presume the boos and online criticism will go away as soon as we get a win or two. 

Tinns will finally post on X again after his latest ongoing hide-away spell and lots of the usual arse lickers will respond with “you’re a legend Tinns” convincing him even more he is untouchable and adored.

City fans are as complicit as the senior management at accepting mediocrity so complaining on here is pointless, albeit fun.

We will still be in the championship or league 1 come the 2030’s with our all mouth, no action fan base.

Harsh but will be proven right come 31/12/29 !!

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

The Lansdowns are incredibly lucky they preside over a somewhat passive certainly insecure and unsure fanbase (build up over years of underachievement)

No other fanbase as big as ours would be so accepting in the face of such nonsense from the owners

Edited by cidercity1987
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

The Lansdowns are incredibly lucky they preside over a somewhat passive certainly insecure and unsure fanbase (build up over years of underachievement)

No other fanbase as big as ours would be so accepting in the face of such nonsense from the owners

The infrastructure does complicate things. It’s like having parents who have ultimately put food on your table, kept you stable and given you plenty of reasons to be grateful but at the same time have passed on just as many unhelpful complications and issues to carry through life. I think most clubs would feel conflicted. Especially those with old fashioned, decaying stadiums who are essentially stuck in bygone eras. It’s not a surprise it has taken a while to really start boiling over. 

• Like 1

No point in our fans trying to arrange a protest, many will accept any old shit, many have seen us under perform for so long they've come to accept it, many couldn't agree on the colour of shite. 

Our fanbase is about as coordinated as the attending drunks at a piss up on ice. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, MattWSM said:

This is just what happens in football. Happens to all teams. Ups and downs. Its football. Always has done and always will.

We enjoy the highs and support the lows, that's being a supporter.

IMO, though

Real highs are making the top flight or a cup final though. I’m 50 and I’ve never experienced any real highs watching city. JPT finals and league one promotions are good at the time but they aren’t real highs are they?

we’ve pitifully underachieved in the 40 years I’ve been following the club.

2 hours ago, BCFC1512 said:

Will you be there next Sunday 

and how are you going to protest 

just asking for a friend 

39 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Real highs are making the top flight or a cup final though. I’m 50 and I’ve never experienced any real highs watching city. JPT finals and league one promotions are good at the time but they aren’t real highs are they?

we’ve pitifully underachieved in the 40 years I’ve been following the club.

I am with you, but im just looking at it pragmatically as well over those 50 years..... I'm a similar age so know, I feel the same to a degree.

70's were great from what i can remember.

80's we survived going under and get ourselves back to league 1 and a league cup semi

90's- yo yoed between league 1 and championship, well mainly league one  very frustrating decade .

Then 2000s - it got brighter, infrastructure build, as we had a an old tired ground and poor training facilities and got back to the 2nd tier.

Now an established championship team.

I have a similar feel at the moment as I did in the 90s trying to get out of L1. We have changed manager a few times trying to fix that, so IMO all we can do is back LM for a prolonged spell like we did with NPand just hope "it happens". We are not going down so let's see where we finish. "If" we finish 8th to 11th I think it will give us some hope bring some positivity going in to the summer. 

Edited by MattWSM
typo