IGNORED

Motivation For Ipswich!

REDOXO

It is clear we are not playing well to a point where we aren’t just plucky losers that aren’t having the ball run in their favor, but just bad!

One of the biggest issues with me right now is we have a manager that is openly saying that he can’t get the players to implement what he’s teaching them!

That I thinK is probably true on some level, but what concerns me is how do you motivate players (people) that you are making plain even in the media you don’t want. 

So I was thinking about when I was under threat of being made redundant and how I got myself up to work! 

How would people on here seriously be approaching the players (or employees) to get results under those circumstances? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

It is clear we are not playing well to a point where we aren’t just plucky losers that aren’t having the ball run in their favor, but just bad!

One of the biggest issues with me right now is we have a manager that is openly saying that he can’t get the players to implement what he’s teaching them!

That I thinK is probably true on some level, but what concerns me is how do you motivate players (people) that you are making plain even in the media you don’t want. 

So I was thinking about when I was under threat of being made redundant and how I got myself up to work! 

How would people on here seriously be approaching the players (or employees) to get results under those circumstances? 

I think Manning motivates opponents better than our players.  Two weeks ago, I had Ipswich planted right in the playoffs if they were lucky; there were comparisons between Manning & McKenna being cut from the same cloth.  Now the bastards are on a run and second in the League, and McKenna will be using Mannings's "Why won't the players do what I tell them to do, sob!!" as motivation laughing his tits off at the constant iterations of "step up", "leaders on the pitch", "little moments of quality" and my personal favourite "taking responsibility"

How would I motivate the players? I would stop talking, and say something like its not acceptable and stop.  I'd let Tommy be Tommy and I'd stop over complicating it, wind it back a few games to what was going well. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I think Manning motivates opponents better than our players.  Two weeks ago, I had Ipswich planted right in the playoffs if they were lucky; there were comparisons between Manning & McKenna being cut from the same cloth.  Now the bastards are on a run and second in the League, and McKenna will be using Mannings's "Why won't the players do what I tell them to do, sob!!" as motivation laughing his tits off at the constant iterations of "step up", "leaders on the pitch", "little moments of quality" and my personal favourite "taking responsibility"

How would I motivate the players? I would stop talking, and say something like its not acceptable and stop.  I'd let Tommy be Tommy and I'd stop over complicating it, wind it back a few games to what was going well. 

if i was manning id pull a sicky and send a text to them saying just go out and enjoy yourselves, ignore brian, and set up how you want.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Play 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Tommy up front, 3 in midfield (to include both TGH and Knight) plus Mehmeti on the left and Sykes on the right. Try to overload them in midfield and play on the break. It’s not ****ing rocket science - play the players the way that best suits them, play the best players in each position, and stop trying to make them play to some principle that you have but that just doesn’t work on the pitch. And if you want to catch them out or give the team more space, try playing some balls from defence over the back line that make the opposition defenders turn and that Tommy (or others) can run onto.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, REDOXO said:

It doesn't matter what field you work in, if you are a manager who needs to motivate and manage your team to do what you want then it's 100% on you to make them understand your message and for you to motivate them to work

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Motivation for Ipswich?

Chance of getting promotion this season, plus they're playing a really poor team.

I know what you meant really. 

I say start by showing a bit of of passion, a bit of togetherness, team work. 

That was the first time I really saw a lack of interest from a few on Saturday. 

You're probably gonna get beaten, but give it ALL.

Edited by AppyDAZE

41 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Gives us the opportunity to counter attack, which is where we can do some damage. 

Exactly. Disciplined shape, aggressive press, create chances, score. Just like the Boro and Southampton games.

17 hours ago, REDOXO said:

It's on Sky. Thats motivation enough.

Southampton / WHU H. West Ham away on MOTD. Bit of a coincidence that those were our best recent performances (all covered live or by TV).

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

Exactly. Disciplined shape, aggressive press, create chances, score. Just like the Boro and Southampton games.

First half to first hour of the Middlesbrough game anyway.

Last half hour plus stoppage made them look like Real Madrid..mind you Karanka has a connection to both. ;)

19 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I still can't get over the all time classic, that was repeated a few times:-

"We looked dangerous, without actually being dangerous".

Even LJ in his prime would have struggled to out do that one.

• Thanks 1