IGNORED

Liam Manning - Press Conference Bingo

OliOTIB

As an Oxford United supporter for many years, I can sympathise with you.

Liam Manning came to us, out of work, with his side kick coach (who we all think did most of the the work), with a managerial 3 year contract. 

And what did he do after about half a season? He just buggered off to Bristol without a thought and left our team bereft. 

I love Bristol, but he's just a cold fish who's only thinking of number 1.

I really hope that he won't betray you too. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Oxmary said:

Liam Manning came to us, out of work, with his side kick coach (who we all think did most of the the work), with a managerial 3 year contract. 

And what did he do after about half a season? He just buggered off to Bristol without a thought and left our team bereft. 

In respect of the last line, I kind of hope he does. If he “betrays” us and goes to another club it’s likely that opportunity will arise if he’s done well/acceptably for a period.

I’m in no doubt he’ll leave at the first available bus that takes him to a higher location. He owed Oxford and didn’t stay - he owes us nothing and is a polarising figure at best so his incentive to stay is arguably less than at Oxford.

But, if I had to put money on it, based on what we’ve seen so far, he’s more likely to leave with his sandwiches in a roadmap. My hope is that if he does make signings they are better than Murphy (injured), Twine (indifferent), Mebude (God knows) because if they aren’t we could be left in a little bit of a pickle if and when that does happen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

In respect of the last line, I kind of hope he does. If he “betrays” us and goes to another club it’s likely that opportunity will arise if he’s done well/acceptably for a period.

I’m in no doubt he’ll leave at the first available bus that takes him to a higher location. He owed Oxford and didn’t stay - he owes us nothing and is a polarising figure at best so his incentive to stay is arguably less than at Oxford.

But, if I had to put money on it, based on what we’ve seen so far, he’s more likely to leave with his sandwiches in a roadmap. My hope is that if he does make signings they are better than Murphy (injured), Twine (indifferent), Mebude (God knows) because if they aren’t we could be left in a little bit of a pickle if and when that does happen.

Are they his signings? Or are they players that Tinnion has proposed based on our “system” that Manning gets a day in? Mbude might be an exception to that, given the Man City link.

Either way, it doesn’t inspire confidence does it… 

• Like 1

Just now, Lack of Action Man said:

Are they his signings? Or are they players that Tinnion has proposed based on our “system” that Manning gets a day in? Mbude might be an exception to that, given the Man City link.

Either way, it doesn’t inspire confidence does it… 

I’d be 100% that Twine is his and 99% that Medube is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxmary said:

How have you fared since he left?

4 hours ago, Oxmary said:

Course he will, if someone a bit bigger offering a bit more comes in. I just hope we're all shattered and weeping and wailing and hanging out "Don’t leave us, Liam" bedsheets, and signing up to the Bayer Leverkusen forum to tell them what a rotter he is, and wondering who our hapless owner will bring in to keep us in the Premier League, when he buggers off.