IGNORED

West Brom away parking

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Just planning for where I’m going to park.

Does anyone know if they still do parking at the West Midlands Fire Service Training Centre ?

They used to give the proceeds to charity so I’d rather go there if they still do it

The Hawthorns is located on the A41 (Birmingham-West Bromwich Road). If approaching from outside the area the ground is about half a mile from Junction 1 of the M5. On leaving the M5 take the A41 towards Birmingham, the ground is on your right. Beware though of speed cameras on this stretch of the A41.

Car Parking

Across the road from the entrance to the away end on Halfords Lane, is Sandwell Academy School, which offers secure matchday parking at £5 per car. However spaces must be pre-booked and paid online via the YourParkingSpace website. Alternatively, there are a few private matchday car parks at some local industrial units nearby, or at Hawthorns station which costs £4. David Dougal a visiting Sunderland fan informs me; ‘I parked at the Beeches Road Methodist Church (B70 6QE) at a cost of £5. It is covered by CCTV and is about a ten minute walk away from the Hawthorns. It was easy to get back on the M5 from the car park once the match is over.’  Just around the corner from the Vine pub on Roebuck Lane is a St John’s Ambulance Depot that offers matchday parking for £3. Otherwise street parking. There is also the option of renting a private driveway near the Hawthorns Stadium via YourParkingSpace.co.uk.

Post Code for SAT NAV: B71 4LF

TAKEN FROM: The Hawthorns | West Bromwich Albion FC | Football Ground Guide

What’s always a pain at WBA is that you’re made to go out of the ground a different way to the way most people go in. So, Mercure hotel being a case in point, you spend 10 minutes walking in completely the opposite direction to the way you need to go to get back to the car.

Also @forbespm - don’t know if you used that before, but if not just be aware that getting to and from it by road isn’t as straightforward as it looks! 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 1