IGNORED

Biggest positive from tonight

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Wes Burns!

Of little benefit to us of course, but that is not the same player who left us. He looked immense and could well be in the premier league next season.

I had him down as a league 1 player at best!

Three cheers for Burns, hip hip…

Massimo Luongo a regular starter too  - a bit above average L1 player with Swindon in our promotion season 10 years ago.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Massimo Luongo a regular starter too  - a bit above average L1 player with Swindon in our promotion season 10 years ago.

This is really true, a lot of their players individually with the best will in the world have no wonderful pedigree or even history.

Sure the younger they are the more scope to develop, the older the more bits of experience they can give but are a lot them are far from standout. Isn't it a 1 in a 100 type sesson they're having, McKenna aside.

Relative to the Parachute gap, sides who came down and alright but not stellar for the level players.

3 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Wes Burns!

Of little benefit to us of course, but that is not the same player who left us. He looked immense and could well be in the premier league next season.

I had him down as a league 1 player at best!

Three cheers for Burns, hip hip…

What a moron

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is really true, a lot of their players individually with the best will in the world have no wonderful pedigree or even history.

Sure the younger they are the more scope to develop, the older the more bits of experience they can give but are a lot them are far from standout. Isn't it a 1 in a 100 type sesson they're having, McKenna aside.

Relative to the Parachute gap, sides who came down and alright but not stellar for the level players.

Yes whatever the positive version of a perfect storm is, they are having it. Combination of good coach, a set of players that perfectly fit the system they play, momentum, few injuries and dare I say it, given who, is involved great recruitment. 

Still think Leeds and Leicester will be top two though but Ipswich have comeback from their tough spell hugely impressively.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ipswich are having a phenomenal season - but - I think they will need to go up this year. If they don’t and their coach gets poached, I fancy them to drop off next year 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Ipswich are having a phenomenal season - but - I think they will need to go up this year. If they don’t and their coach gets poached, I fancy them to drop off next year 

True, Midas touch season, but not getting in trouble/relegated THIS season. Winning next game utterly crucial for us now.

• Like 1