IGNORED

Sad update on Scott Murray's mum

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Very sad to hear. Don’t know if you can click the link & donate. I did it through twitter 

Very sad indeed. Hopefully the club can arrange a bucket collection on Sunday and announce it so people can remember to bring some cash. Would no doubt go a very long way to covering the cost of care. 

Would be good if we can come together on this one. SM does so much for fans and I think he's even stepped up a few times to help out some of our blue Bristolians across the river. The club should also be helping out here - maybe by giving him the testimonial he very much deserves. Come on SL I bet that's less than a weeks wages you were happy to pay for Jens Hegeler/Adelekan/Nicky Hunt

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Money tight for all at the moment but I think it's worth us all remembering how many times we've heard stories of Scott going above and beyond for people in need of help. Let's all give what we can.

Scott visited my brother (Martin Amos) a couple times whilst unwell with cancer. He is an incredibly selfless individual and all round decent human being.

• Like 11
  • Robin 7

Sad news and thoughts with Scott and his family.

I do have a question. I appreciate that flying is out of the question for 6 months but is there another way to get her home? Would she be allowed to travel by train or car? 
Just wondering if there can be a huge cost saving here rather than forking out thousands to a Spanish care home? 

Someone with experience of these matters may put me right, but would travel by another means than flight be possible? 

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Someone with experience of these matters may put me right, but would travel by another means than flight be possible? 

It depends exactly how ill she is. Where travel insurance is in place, insurers will do absolutely everything to get someone back to the UK because the cost of transport is nothing versus medical fees incurred abroad.  Some sort of private ambulance might be a solution.

A terrible situation for all the family.

12 hours ago, Clevedon Red said:

I would hope that the owners will do his family right.

This is the thing isn't it. I've donated, and it's great to see so many ex and current players, staff, and the fans contributing.

It'd be even better to see those far more able to contribute than most take the financial element of the worry out of Scotty's hands as recognition for all he's done for the club over the years imo.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

This is the thing isn't it. I've donated, and it's great to see so many ex and current players, staff, and the fans contributing.

It'd be even better to see those far more able to contribute than most take the financial element of the worry out of Scotty's hands as recognition for all he's done for the club over the years imo.

Could well be that those in the strongest financial position have donated privately and directly to avoid publicity and the fees that come using a platform.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Also worth noting that people can put any name down or is it likely that Steven Gerrard has actually donated?

Unlikely, I'd expect Gerrard would donate more (?). 

17 hours ago, Stortz said:

The trouble is, do the Lansdown then give the same amount of money to another employee who needs help? Eg a tea lady who’s worked there for 20 years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Henry said:

The trouble is, do the Lansdown then give the same amount of money to another employee who needs help? Eg a tea lady who’s worked there for 20 years.

Did she scout Nigel Martyn?  Yes - donate a few quid.  No - don’t bother!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Did she scout Nigel Martyn?  Yes - donate a few quid.  No - don’t bother!

I would have a wry smile if Nige comes in and donates a figure that dwarfs the Lansdown’s donation 

8 minutes ago, Henry said:

I know what you mean, but I doubt if the tea lady is held in such high esteem and has helped loads of people through charity matches and giving up her free time. That said i believe the club were excellent with the Fillingham family when Lisa died last year, she was an long term employee for those that weren't aware.

I have given. as they say there by the grace of God go I.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Henry said:

Surely one of the benefits of wealth is the ability to help others less fortunate or in a difficult situation 

An individuals choice of course and aim pretty sure SL will have been pretty charitable in chosen areas over the years

Personally , Scott M or the tea lady of 20yrs with a difficult situation - good loyal employees and good people - I absolutely would