IGNORED

Distance running data

One for Dave Fevs perhaps whose analysis and commentary is always enjoyed ❤️

Who covers the most distance per 90 in our team ? 

How does our team distance per 90 compare to other teams ? Has it changed much in regards to Pearson v Manning ?

To my naked eye last night it appeared QPR were really putting a shift in in terms of pure running but I'm conscious even things like camera angles can be misleading in this regards .

I also know its not just about distance run but where but I'd be interested if the data is easily shareable. 

6 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

QPR were "at it". Interesting to know stats, but trust your eyes. They were very unlucky. Attitude template for our upcoming games.

Cifuentes is certainly getting a tune out of that team. I think they'll survive comfortably playing like they did last night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Humble Realist said:

One for Dave Fevs perhaps whose analysis and commentary is always enjoyed ❤️

Who covers the most distance per 90 in our team ? 

How does our team distance per 90 compare to other teams ? Has it changed much in regards to Pearson v Manning ?

To my naked eye last night it appeared QPR were really putting a shift in in terms of pure running but I'm conscious even things like camera angles can be misleading in this regards .

I also know its not just about distance run but where but I'd be interested if the data is easily shareable. 

Unfortunately that data costs £££s.

Here’s some stuff:

image.thumb.jpeg.34d4dc9715db25de756839799e0f868c.jpeg

Below is an interesting pic of how speed is impacted as you get older, by position.

IMG_9977.thumb.jpeg.8178f6f43969339fa4d780fee54c1be2.jpeg

What I do know from chatting to Dave Rennie is that by the end of last season we were regularly outrunning our opponents.  Kompany told him his team couldn’t believe the change over the season.

This season the eye test opening 10 games was that other teams players were suffering from cramp, blowing up.  Ipswich (h) was a game where they were blowing out their arses as we pressed for an equaliser.

I only watched part of the “acronym Derby” last night, but it was full-tilt wasn’t it?

31 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Hang on, I know a guy in Guernsey. "Hello, Steve..."

Is that the same bloke that it depends on who your name is as to how much money you get?

That bloke?

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Here’s some stuff:

Below is an interesting pic of how speed is impacted as you get older, by position.

What I do know from chatting to Dave Rennie is that by the end of last season we were regularly outrunning our opponents.  Kompany told him his team couldn’t believe the change over the season.

This season the eye test opening 10 games was that other teams players were suffering from cramp, blowing up.  Ipswich (h) was a game where they were blowing out their arses as we pressed for an equaliser.

I only watched part of the “acronym Derby” last night, but it was full-tilt wasn’t it?

What interests me is how much ground they cover compared to us semi-pro/amateurs. I average about 7km as a CB and 8-8.5 as a CM and I'm one of the more mobile midfielders.

I'm also nowhere near those sprint speeds either, despite being one of our quickest 😂 I am at the higher end of that vereran bracket now though, so I'll cut myself some slack

• Flames 1

Posted (edited)

Here’s some stuff:

Thanks,  I figured there was a reason you dont see it analysed by disgruntled fans after every loss !

Certainly appeared to be from QPRs perspective a full tilt, press and keep running performance  .

Eyes can be deceiving right. I think bruno fernandes is one of the top runners in the prem which surprised me until I remembered he runs a good couple of miles chasing the ref to complain every match....

Edited by The Humble Realist
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

What interests me is how much ground they cover compared to us semi-pro/amateurs. I average about 7km as a CB and 8-8.5 as a CM and I'm one of the more mobile midfielders.

I'm also nowhere near those sprint speeds either, despite being one of our quickest 😂 I am at the higher end of that vereran bracket now though, so I'll cut myself some slack

I have 5 a side later at goals...I feel like I will sprint at least 1km but unfortunately that's literally how I 'feel'!

• Haha 1

Here’s some stuff:

Averages, schmaverages. It varies massively player to player.

JET was a forward who ambled at a distinctly non-"High Intensity" level for most of the match, but he'd always pull out one or two sprints per game that totally outpaced defenders.

I was an (amateur level) defender who stayed firmly in my half - too clumsy to be much use in attack other than at set pieces - and rarely ran around. However I'd sprint frequently to intercept. I'd been Somerset Junior AAA 90m hurdle champion, which helped. My sprinting speed was the only reason a klutz like me was in the side. 

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Averages, schmaverages. It varies massively player to player.

JET was a forward who ambled at a distinctly non-"High Intensity" level for most of the match, but he'd always pull out one or two sprints per game that totally outpaced defenders.

I was an (amateur level) defender who stayed firmly in my half - too clumsy to be much use in attack other than at set pieces - and rarely ran around. However I'd sprint frequently to intercept. I'd been Somerset Junior AAA 90m hurdle champion, which helped. My sprinting speed was the only reason a klutz like me was in the side. 

Preaching to the converted.  One of the first things they taught us at Warwick Business School was the dangers of averages.  They obviously have their place, but can miss stuff.

Hence why things like this are useful:

IMG_3513.jpeg

IMG_3510.jpeg

• Like 1