IGNORED

Kieffer Moore

JAWS

Scored again today. A very astute signing by ambitious Ipswich in a move to give them added impetus to reach the promised land.

Could we have pushed the boat out? I have read a lot of fans say there were no strikers available in January. He was clearly available AND had been touted as a possible signing for us previously.

Could we afford him? Pops probably knows more than anyone but from what I've read we had some headroom. His wages would be high but it was only until the end of the season and are Ipswich in a better financial position than us?

A lot of fans saying no point speculating/gambling too much in January as we were neither going up or down. On boxing day we were one point off top 6. ONE point! After previously beating Sunderland and Hull. I'm sure any negotiations for Jan would begin before Jan when top 6 was in reach & not midway through when our form & prospects of top 6 had seemingly dropped off. And Kieffer Moore wouldn't be a gamble as he's proven at this level and only a loan so not long term financial commitment.

Admittedly Ipswich were a more attractive prospect from a league position point of view but with us on verge of top 6 we would still be attractive and it's not as though the player is committing his long term future. He'd also be first choice here whereas Ipswich have more options.

We are also much closer geographically to Bournemouth and Wales (his country of origin) so that might have tipped the scales.

The question is how much are we prepared to go for it?? Its not the first time......

2 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Scored again today. A very astute signing by ambitious Ipswich in a move to give them added impetus to reach the promised land.

Could we have pushed the boat out? I have read a lot of fans say there were no strikers available in January. He was clearly available AND had been touted as a possible signing for us previously.

Could we afford him? Pops probably knows more than anyone but from what I've read we had some headroom. His wages would be high but it was only until the end of the season and are Ipswich in a better financial position than us?

A lot of fans saying no point speculating/gambling too much in January as we were neither going up or down. On boxing day we were one point off top 6. ONE point! After previously beating Sunderland and Hull. I'm sure any negotiations for Jan would begin before Jan when top 6 was in reach & not midway through when our form & prospects of top 6 had seemingly dropped off. And Kieffer Moore wouldn't be a gamble as he's proven at this level and only a loan so not long term financial commitment.

Admittedly Ipswich were a more attractive prospect from a league position point of view but with us on verge of top 6 we would still be attractive and it's not as though the player is committing his long term future. He'd also be first choice here whereas Ipswich have more options.

We are also much closer geographically to Bournemouth and Wales (his country of origin) so that might have tipped the scales.

The question is how much are we prepared to go for it?? Its not the first time......

He would have always picked Ipswich above us, bit of a non-starter...

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

We could have made a play for him on loan financially, whether he would have seen us as the best bet or indeed whether he would have been stylistically the best bet is another debate.

Although quite what our defined style is atm is getting harder to pin down by the week. Again though would we pair him with Conway, would he be instead of?

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We could have made a play for him on loan financially, whether he would have seen us as the best bet or indeed whether he would have been stylistically the best bet is another debate.

Although quite what our defined style is atm is getting harder to pin down by the week. Again though would we pair him with Conway, would he be instead of?

I would imagine instead of the way we are set up but I would like to see someone like him paired with Conway 

6 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

A reported 38k a week, til the end of the season? **** that! Let’s see what happens to Ipswich if they don’t go up in the next 2 years! Don’t forget whose in charge of their recruitment!

Yea, he's doing a real shit job there eh.. if only Ipswich would have JL and BT behind them they'd have the title wrapped up by now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

A reported 38k a week, til the end of the season? **** that! Let’s see what happens to Ipswich if they don’t go up in the next 2 years! Don’t forget whose in charge of their recruitment!

I wonder how much twine is on compared to that, if its true?

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

I wonder how much twine is on compared to that, if its true?

Nowhere near…financially it was a pretty low cost loan, where Burnley put emphasis on making deals to allow their players to get game-time, rather than sit around not playing (aside from his injury)

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yep, and he turned down his old club Cardiff. We had no chance of getting him.

We couldn’t afford his large wage despite Bournemouth owing us a million still for him. Rumours that he is building a house on the outskirts of Cardiff and his misses wants to leave there still….ipswich is a long way

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAWS said:

I would imagine instead of the way we are set up but I would like to see someone like him paired with Conway 

Fair, he can play the lone striker. I'm not sure a strike pair wouldn't leave us too open or exposed in certain areas, always a balancing act.

1 hour ago, JAWS said:

Ipswich pushing the boat out when fighting for promotion v Bristol city pushing the boat out for mid table. 30k per week, no thank you.

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nowhere near…financially it was a pretty low cost loan, where Burnley put emphasis on making deals to allow their players to get game-time, rather than sit around not playing (aside from his injury)

Is there likely to be an upfront loan fee for him

I thought we did enquire about him in January, despite his £40k pw wages, but he was never interested in coming here? I’ve never rated him anyway and wouldn’t want him on those wages. 

49 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Yea, he's doing a real shit job there eh.. if only Ipswich would have JL and BT behind them they'd have the title wrapped up by now.

Harry Kane is doing pretty well at Bayern, but we couldn’t afford his ******* wages either!!🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He is on over double the wages of our highest earner!

4 minutes ago, frenchred said:

He is on over double the wages of our highest earner!

I suppose the wage structure thing.

Albeit Cardiff have seemingly slashed theirs, their reported wage bill last season makes us look like Princes. (£14-14.5m Football wage). Yet they were in for him.