IGNORED

Why are we playing Jason Knight as a forward?

Dr Balls

Other than the obvious (Manning is clueless) why on earth are we playing a 4-4-2 formation with Knight often the most forward player?

If we are playing 2 upfront how about playing 2 players who are actual strikers? You never know they might play off each other as a combination like they have successfully in the past…

Doing my head in!!

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, Dr Balls said:

Other than the obvious (Manning is clueless) why on earth are we playing a 4-4-2 formation with Knight often the most forward player?

If we are playing 2 upfront how about playing 2 players who are actual strikers? You never know they might play off each other as a combination like they have successfully in the past…

Doing my head in!!

It's part of the plan. Hasn't worked since QPR away, but still persisting with it. Not Mannings fault it doesn't work. 

52 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

It's part of the plan. Hasn't worked since QPR away, but still persisting with it. Not Mannings fault it doesn't work. 

Absolutely. After all they give the players all the information and he cant affect the game once it starts, so definitely all the players’ faults! 🚌

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

What was really disappointing was that as soon as Tommy saw Nakhi ready to come on, he knew he was going off. And both of them will be gone in the summer because Manning clearly doesn’t play to suit forwards. Thank god for Rob Dickie and his goalscoring!

• Like 1

To answer the original question, absolutely no idea.

Knight is a midfielder, Gardner-Hickman has been totally anonymous for weeks, so drop him, play Knight alongside Williams & try Conway & Wells as a pair.

It literally couldn’t get any more boring to watch, could it?

• Like 4
  • Robin 2

35 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

To answer the original question, absolutely no idea.

Knight is a midfielder, Gardner-Hickman has been totally anonymous for weeks, so drop him, play Knight alongside Williams & try Conway & Wells as a pair.

It literally couldn’t get any more boring to watch, could it?

I thought he was going to do that pre game  and because of high Knight plays there’s no reason not to use Conway in his role.  Agree on TGH too as not involved anywhere near enough.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

All very well but not what a modern, progressive coach like Manning does. Just not funky enough I'm afraid.

We mortals can't possibly understand the subtlety of his tactical brain. Unfortunately neither can the players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

All very well but not what a modern, progressive coach like Manning does. Just not funky enough I'm afraid.

We mortals can't possibly understand the subtlety of his tactical brain. Unfortunately neither can the players.

Nobody can understand what Manning is trying to do because frankly it’s baffling. Unless it’s turning good players into useless ones. He’s clearly good at doing that!

2 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Doing my head in!!

If we are gonna play Knight there for his pressing, then then him press.

Block, block, block, block.

Imagine having a ”derby” and letting settle into their patterns from the first minute and build confidence?

I’m not suggesting pressing rashly as individuals, but we saw last 20-mins how a bit of bravery in positioning can help turn the tide in your favour.  Last 20 was so much better.  Seemed like fun again.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Imagine having a ”derby” and letting settle into their patterns from the first minute and build confidence?

I’m not suggesting pressing rashly as individuals, but we saw last 20-mins how a bit of bravery in positioning can help turn the tide in your favour.  Last 20 was so much better.  Seemed like fun again.

Not quite sure I would go as far as “fun” Dave but it was a bit better. However can someone please tell Mehmeti to stop being so greedy and actually play the ball to an attacker in a better position. Ideally Manning, but as he clearly thinks Anis is far better than he really is, I have little confidence we will see any change soon.

Edited by Dr Balls

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

"Ok lads, Swansea like to hog possession so on no account should you press them. There, I've given you the information so if it doesn't work it's your fault."

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Nobody can understand what Manning is trying to do because frankly it’s baffling. Unless it’s turning good players into useless ones. He’s clearly good at doing that!

Perhaps he's had too much time on the grass? 😁