IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Regarding the substantial increase in the SS, I can see why the club have done it. They have gambled on people paying the £105 (?)and not bringing their kid for much of the season, so empty 'blocked' seats.

Or/ they are hoping people don't want the seat at that price which then frees it up to be sold for a POTD price of around £30 a go. 

No the seats might not be sold every match, but as they are the cheapest in the stadium for POTD they most likely will be the first to be sold. So a seat will only have to be sold around 3 or 4 times (to an adult) and it would generate the same income as a kids ST.

As for the benefits thing, I'm bored of this now and has taken the thread way off topic. I still stand by my belief that if you want anything above the human right basics then you have to work for it or fund it yourself somehow, whether that is hobbies, holidays, fancy foods, days out, whatever.

Thats my final word. If you don't agree, I'm fine with that.

Let’s hope you never have the need to claim benefits for whatever reason, especially for a disability 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Was that when unemployment was at a record high and there were hundreds of applicants for even the basic jobs? It's very different now with vacancies unfilled. There is of course work from home, broadband etc which there wasn't back then. Most fit and able bodied people can now do some sort of work, but unfortunately the benefits system doesn't motivate them too. Obviously there are exceptions but I personally don't see why it would be feasible to offer discounts in this case. The cost will have to be found somewhere, and everything has a cost.

The cost can be met by not giving a discount to pensioners like my Dad, who currently gets a discount despite owning two mortgage-free houses and a generous final salary pension. But for some reason that doesn’t provoke the same outrage that giving a discount to a disabled person would.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 4
  • Hmmm 2
  • Flames 2

5 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m not saying they’re not. Doesn’t mean you should get discounted season tickets. Just another dumbing down woke thing to say. For every person on benefits through no fault of their own , there’s 20 lazy bastards that can’t be bothered to work . Do you think they should get discounts ? 

The biggest load of daily express inspired tory backed horseshit I've read,

Why would 20 people choose to be destitute,

Yes there will be some but 20 for everyone benefit claimants? Have a word with yourself you moron

• Like 10
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Yes there will be some but 20 for everyone benefit claimants? Have a word with yourself you moron

Not forgetting that over two million workers have to claim benefits because they don’t get paid enough to live on

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

For further context for those express/mail readers unemployment stands at 4.4%

Did you know we also pay benefits to people in employment, I guess those scorngers trying to make ends meat on minimum wage are lazy bustards too?

Or those people on 60k who can now get child benefits, they are lazy?

**** sake

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Read the follow up post before you call me a ******* moron . I know for a fact there are plenty of self entitled lay abouts that don’t want to work & think the world owes them a living . I’m not a Tory or read the express or any paper for that matter. It’s a matter of fact there are many who would rather lay about & let me or any hard working person pay their benefits with our tax money . 
Is there any other aspersions you’d like to cast mr high & mighty . If you don’t like what I got to say , put me on ignore & **** off 😊

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

56 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Let’s hope you never have the need to claim benefits for whatever reason, especially for a disability 

Exactly. I understand an argument that says if someone is physically fit, mentally able and has been on Benefits for years, not attempted to find a job, smokes 40 fags a day (two of them joints), gets pissed five nights a week, few lines of Charlie, four all-inclusive holidays a year, drives a Range Rover Sport and eats in swanky restaurants once a week in addition to their Executive Box at the Gate then the balance is clearly wrong.

To take the view that we should price someone who has lost their job, or has picked up an illness preventing them from working for a significant period of time, out of attending and that if they like football "they should just **** off up the park and watch Totterdown United" seems a strange place to start...........when we all know that the type of people who swing the lead in terms of benefits won't be seen at football anyway. Would a discount of say 15% on a limited number of tickets requiring proof of status each season be THAT MUCH of an issue?** It's not "costing" the club money in all reality, it would either helping those regular fans out having a hard time or, if it attracts a few new fans (and it will literally be a few too), partially replacing those fans who have had a guts full wouldn't it?

** I'll answer it for you, a club that is happy to put prices up and antagonise/take the piss out of/take digs at fans given the events of the last six months is really not that bothered about the total income from season tickets. They're more than happy with their pieces of silver from the TV deal.....at the moment that is.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

40 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

For further context for those express/mail readers unemployment stands at 4.4%

Did you know we also pay benefits to people in employment, I guess those scorngers trying to make ends meat on minimum wage are lazy bustards too?

Or those people on 60k who can now get child benefits, they are lazy?

**** sake

Why are you taking my post completely out of context. Where did I say everyone on benefits are lazy . I didn’t did I ? 

4 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Yes, the house prices are incredibly high now, but historically, the prices have always  been driven by market forces.  If the demand is high, so are the prices, but if demand drops off due to the prices being too high, the house prices are then reduced to the point where demand is stimulated again. 

Maybe I’m some kind of outlier and my personal experiences are different than most, but I just don’t buy the narrative that the old ‘uns have it easy, as was mentioned by someone earlier in the thread.  Both our kids bought houses by their late 20’s and the vast majority of their circle of friends are also home owners.  

What I’ve also noticed is, whilst In my situation we had to make do with clapped out second hand stuff to try and furnish our house when we started out, nowadays there are plenty of young ones who seem to think that kind of stuff has to be new from the start, which we would have found impossible.

Home ownership was and is massively tough, whatever period you bought in and there are a huge number of factors involved, both historically and in the present day.

The bottom line is though, 1st time house prices wouldn’t be at such a high level now, if people weren’t still buying, though I guess a proportion of those buyers could be the buy-to-let’s, which could be keeping the market artificially high.

Housing being more expensive today relative to earnings isn’t merely a “narrative”, it is born out in the facts that you are continually ignoring when presented to you.

Just because your kids were fortunate enough to buy a house doesn’t make the overall picture any less true - and that overall picture is that house prices have consistently risen well ahead of wages, and therefore priced more and more people out of home ownership.

You keep talking about demand but you’re forgetting the other crucial variable - supply. There is a shortage of housing in this country that keeps prices high. We have seen fluctuations around the pandemic and the Truss budget, but the lack of supply has prevented prices falling substantially, and to a more reasonable level.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m not saying they’re not. Doesn’t mean you should get discounted season tickets. Just another dumbing down woke thing to say. For every person on benefits through no fault of their own , there’s 20 lazy bastards that can’t be bothered to work . Do you think they should get discounts ? 

23 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Why are you taking my post completely out of context. Where did I say everyone on benefits are lazy . I didn’t did I ? 

Here you go @steviestevieneville. I’d say 20 out of 21 is pretty close to everyone, wouldn’t you?

Not sure “I didn’t mean everyone, I just meant 95%” is the greatest defence.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 3

26 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Read the follow up post before you call me a ******* moron . I know for a fact there are plenty of self entitled lay abouts that don’t want to work & think the world owes them a living . I’m not a Tory or read the express or any paper for that matter. It’s a matter of fact there are many who would rather lay about & let me or any hard working person pay their benefits with our tax money . 
Is there any other aspersions you’d like to cast mr high & mighty . If you don’t like what I got to say , put me on ignore & **** off 😊

Out of interest how do you know for a fact that there are plenty of self entitled lay abouts?  How do you define plenty?  How do you know this is a fact?  I assume you have verified statistics?

You also say it's a matter of fact there are many who would rather lay about & let you or any hard working person pay their benefits with our tax money.  How do you know this is a fact?  How do you define many?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I do concur with you all, they're hardly going to say otherwise.

Let's hope it is correct but my main point was, is the financial recompense worth the potential disruption? I'm not sure. £2-2.5m for a Championship club if that is what they mean by a 50% uplift.

So £100k per home game (ish) ?

Possibly will be then unless SCs and POTD  every match go way south.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Here you go @steviestevieneville. I’d say 20 out of 21 is pretty close to everyone, wouldn’t you?

Not sure “I didn’t mean everyone, I just meant 95%” is the greatest defence.

I see you conveniently didn’t quote my follow up post which said I’d plucked that figure from the air. Wrongly so obviously but my point stands . 
My other half’s son is autistic , she doesn’t work & it’s pretty impossible for her to. Does she get & deserve benefits ? Obviously she does . I’ve recently had a  family member pass away with dementia . Did a member of my family deserve benefits for looking after him ? Obviously they did. To counter act that , I also know somebody who hasn’t worked a day in twenty +  years claiming he’s an alcoholic . He’s no more an alcoholic than me , but he’s been claiming thousands for all that time. There are many like him. 
I never once wrote that everyone on benefits are lazy or scroungers . But as with anything these days , if you write even the slightest thing that someone might offended about they will find a way. It’s a sad indictment of society today . 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Out of interest how do you know for a fact that there are plenty of self entitled lay abouts?  How do you define plenty?  How do you know this is a fact?  I assume you have verified statistics?

You also say it's a matter of fact there are many who would rather lay about & let you or any hard working person pay their benefits with our tax money.  How do you know this is a fact?  How do you define many?  

Yes I do . I born & brought up on a council estate. Back then you were brought up to work hard for everything . That no longer seems to apply for many . I’m assuming you haven’t been around such people , lucky you . 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

53 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I wouldn't disagree that there probably are some who choose not to work.  But it is also a fact that the main reason for working age people not working or looking for work is long-term sickness.  People caring for relative(s) is also another big category, as well people with disabilities.  Isn't it worth the risk of unintentionally helping a small number of "self entitled layabouts" in order also to help the greater number of people who would genuinely like to work but are unable to do so through no fault of their own (and are also dealing with challenges with their own health, the health of loved ones, etc as well as being skint)? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Not forgetting that over two million workers have to claim benefits because they don’t get paid enough to live on

Or refuse additional hours because it will reduce the benefits they are claiming.

Many Supermarket employees being a perfect example.

Yes there are many, many people who need genuine support, there are also many, many people playing the system, and there always have been.

19 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I see you conveniently didn’t quote my follow up post which said I’d plucked that figure from the air. Wrongly so obviously but my point stands . 
My other half’s son is autistic , she doesn’t work & it’s pretty impossible for her to. Does she get & deserve benefits ? Obviously she does . I’ve recently had a  family member pass away with dementia . Did a member of my family deserve benefits for looking after him ? Obviously they did. To counter act that , I also know somebody who hasn’t worked a day in twenty +  years claiming he’s an alcoholic . He’s no more an alcoholic than me , but he’s been claiming thousands for all that time. There are many like him. 
I never once wrote that everyone on benefits are lazy or scroungers . But as with anything these days , if you write even the slightest thing that someone might offended about they will find a way. It’s a sad indictment of society today . 

So you said that 95% of people on benefits are lazy, but your defence is that you subsequently admitted you made it up, so it doesn’t count that you said it. And now you’re saying we’re “offended”. Got it.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

31 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Housing being more expensive today relative to earnings isn’t merely a “narrative”, it is born out in the facts that you are continually ignoring when presented to you.

Just because your kids were fortunate enough to buy a house doesn’t make the overall picture any less true - and that overall picture is that house prices have consistently risen well ahead of wages, and therefore priced more and more people out of home ownership.

You keep talking about demand but you’re forgetting the other crucial variable - supply. There is a shortage of housing in this country that keeps prices high. We have seen fluctuations around the pandemic and the Truss budget, but the lack of supply has prevented prices falling substantially, and to a more reasonable level.

It’s all very well presenting as many figures and as much data as you like, but its relevance comes down to who’s compiled the figures and data and the message they are trying to convey.  If you want to see how data can be misinterpreted, look no further than Liam Manning!

As I clearly stated, it’s not just my own kids, but the large majority of their similar aged friends who also own their homes.  That isn’t a handfull of people, but quite a large network.  That isn’t just my opinion, it’s actual FACT and being “fortunate enough to own their own house” doesn’t enter into it and is a pretty presumptous comment on your part tbh.

These people aren’t from privilaged backgrounds either, so are very reflective of their generation and prove it can be done.

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Better than the programmes themselves!

Perhaps I shouldn't be admitting this on a public forum, but I've watched those 70's, 80's ad compilations on youtube a few times.

Okay, okay  more than a few times.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

It’s all very well presenting as many figures and as much data as you like, but its relevance comes down to who’s compiled the figures and data and the message they are trying to convey.  If you want to see how data can be misinterpreted, look no further than Liam Manning!

As I clearly stated, it’s not just my own kids, but the large majority of their similar aged friends who also own their homes.  That isn’t a handfull of people, but quite a large network.  That isn’t just my opinion, it’s actual FACT and being “fortunate enough to own their own house” doesn’t enter into it and is a pretty presumptous comment on your part tbh.

These people aren’t from privilaged backgrounds either, so are very reflective of their generation and prove it can be done.

The data is the data and no one is trying to “convey” anything. It’s just data that speaks for itself. Your experience in your “large network” does not trump that information - and it is frankly beyond ridiculous that you are still defending the notion that it is no harder to buy a home now than it was in the past.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So you said that 95% of people on benefits are lazy, but your defence is that you subsequently admitted you made it up, so it doesn’t count that you said it. And now you’re saying we’re “offended”. Got it.

I said I plucked the numbers from the air . I didn’t  make up that there are an element of lazy people that want something for nothing . Just because you haven’t experienced it doesn’t mean it’s not there. You obviously haven’t come across such people . You’re very lucky up there in your ivory tower 

• Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

I said I plucked the numbers from the air . I didn’t  make up that there are an element of lazy people that want something for nothing . Just because you haven’t experienced it doesn’t mean it’s not there. You obviously haven’t come across such people . You’re very lucky up there in your ivory tower 

You seem to have issues with people below you and people above you 🤣

36 minutes ago, red panda said:

I wouldn't disagree that there probably are some who choose not to work.  But it is also a fact that the main reason for working age people not working or looking for work is long-term sickness.  People caring for relative(s) is also another big category, as well people with disabilities.  Isn't it worth the risk of unintentionally helping a small number of "self entitled layabouts" in order also to help the greater number of people who would genuinely like to work but are unable to do so through no fault of their own (and are also dealing with challenges with their own health, the health of loved ones, etc as well as being skint)? 

The system needs to be more effective in sorting the wheat from the chaff . As I’ve written there are many people (there you are Chippenham red . didn’t put a specific number on it  so you’re not offended ) 

Some of it is ridiculous . My Mrs every year would get a letter from the benefits office asking why she doesn’t work . Every year she would show all the paper work showing her son being autistic . They would still insist on meeting him . although , bloke down the pub would get signed off for saying OW my leg hurts. I’m exaggerating a point to make a point . The system is too easy to exploit . 

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Exactly. I understand an argument that says if someone is physically fit, mentally able and has been on Benefits for years, not attempted to find a job, smokes 40 fags a day (two of them joints), gets pissed five nights a week, few lines of Charlie, four all-inclusive holidays a year, drives a Range Rover Sport and eats in swanky restaurants once a week in addition to their Executive Box at the Gate then the balance is clearly wrong.

Just checking all of this is ok as long as you aren't claiming benefits?

The wife needs a little convincing........ 🤪

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

You seem to have issues with people below you and people above you 🤣

Nobody is above or below me . Just because some are self righteous enough to think their shit  doesn’t stink or someone who wants  to waste their lives not contributing to society is up to them. I have equal contempt for all of them 😂

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, brad blit said:

If I don’t renew season ticket and will then look to buy tickets on better games (or when I can make it) - would it make sense to become a member to get priority when on general release, and if so how much is it? 

If you are going to go for more than 5 games then membership is worth it as you save £5 a game and it's £25, plus you get 5% off purchases in the bar and outlets.

Edited by pillred