IGNORED

Tinnion on SotC

1960maaan

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

If it wastes Sykes, if it reduces the effectiveness..wjat it McCrorie, Tanner? Bell?

2 10s as part of a front 3?

Vyner, Dickie and one of Atkinson or Naismith would he far from terrible but would we have the right component parts around them? Sykes at WingBack would be poor, 2 10s would Bell be among them?

Selling Conway for a big striker..?A

It's not specifically just formation though, it just feeds into the wider picture.

Then if you do play the back 3 you need an ability to switch beyween back 3 and 4 in-game IMO.

Again, opinion presented as fact, there is no evidence that Sykes at WB would be poor, in fact NP played him there regularly, maybe you know more than our ex manager. 

Just now, WeAreThePigs said:

Again, opinion presented as fact, there is no evidence that Sykes at WB would be poor, in fact NP played him there regularly, maybe you know more than our ex manager. 

Out of necessity! Tanner is never a wingback, Wilson had his injuries!

Sykes became quite a bit more effective when in the final 3rd in a front 3. When we correctly IMO switched to a 4-3-3 or similar.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Out of necessity! Tanner is never a wingback, Wilson had his injuries!

Sykes became quite a bit more effective when in the final 3rd in a front 3. When we correctly IMO switched to a 4-3-3 or similar.

So it wasn’t out of necessity then, as you say, Tanner. 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some Coventry fans on Twitter think we made a good choice changing Pearson for Manning.

For whatever reason the former is underrated by fans of other clubs, like you say from the outside Manning is seen as doing fine.

Screenshot_20240312-175712_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1ba5cd04285d2574267db4a79d97bc62.jpg

it's hardly positive though, a maybe. How would they know if it was good or bad? I only know QPR's new chap is doing well because my cousin told me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Steady fella, they've always paid the bills.

They're a terrible mix of ego and  incompetence but there are far worse owners out there.

Yes they definitely have their issues but to compare to some of these proper scumbags is ott.

28 minutes ago, Floatn Over said:

I was not anticipating the “one or two signings” comment, worrying that seemed to be casually dropped in without clarification.

Also the Seb PH comment, really good if he can step up, would be great, hope it works, but it’s a big with respect to Newport level.

Regarding Seb PH, Semenyo showed it is doable. Not just to step up to the championship, but become a decent premier league player.

It might be asking a lot, but they wouldn’t have given him a contract without thinking he was capable.

Despite all his flaws we are now seeing, the one thing it is hard to criticise Tinnion for his development of young players.

14 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

it's hardly positive though, a maybe. How would they know if it was good or bad? I only know QPR's new chap is doing well because my cousin told me. 

Talking of QPR, odd that they made a range of signings without major sales and £44-45m in 2 year losses yet seem okay with FFP...considering what we had to go through.

Other fans of other clubs when a vacancy arises seem fairly lukewarm at best to NP..Derby fans really don't rate him but he had a short, unhappy stint there.

I rate him highly, have a great deal of respect for him.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Talking of QPR, odd that they made a range of signings without major sales and £44-45m in 2 year losses yet seem okay with FFP...considering what we had to go through.

Other fans of other clubs when a vacancy arises seem fairly lukewarm at best to NP..Derby fans really don't rate him but he had a short, unhappy stint there.

Massive respect for NP, wish we had him during his spells at Leicester or Hull - realistically his stock was higher than so out of our reach. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I do too. Most people I've spoken to have a level of respect for him, a wariness possibly coloured by his media profile but most recognise what he did at Leicester. I don't know anyone who dislikes him or talks about him negatively.

1 minute ago, WeAreThePigs said:

Massive respect for NP, wish we had him during his spells at Leicester or Hull - realistically his stock was higher than so out of our reach. 

He showed an interest in taking over after Cotts left.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WeAreThePigs said:

He rallied Watford rather well too, pre his bad bout of Covid. Was very harshly sacked there, not like they've gone on to flourish with solid foundations since.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I do too. Most people I've spoken to have a level of respect for him, a wariness possibly coloured by his media profile but most recognise what he did at Leicester. I don't know anyone who dislikes him or talks about him negatively.

He showed an interest in taking over after Cotts left.

In reality he didn’t show an interest - he was polite about the club as his name popped up due to vacancy but also made it clear he had eyes on bigger roles. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He rallied Watford rather well too, pre his bad bout of Covid. Was very harshly sacked there, not like they've gone on to flourish with solid foundations since.

Wasn’t there long enough or achieve enough to label it a success. 

Anyway on paper the midfield looks interesting and exciting in some respects but worryingly light in others..(IMO).

Bird, Knight, TGH- then Murphy and Stokes, plus Naismith if fully fit is good and yet.. 

..I dunno, Stokes is higher up the pitch for one, big leap from the level he is at too. Murphy a bit less of a leap but like Stokes is an unknown quantity.

James, Williams and King is a lot of experience leaving the building if all depart.

4 minutes ago, WeAreThePigs said:

In reality he didn’t show an interest - he was polite about the club as his name popped up due to vacancy but also made it clear he had eyes on bigger roles. 

Wasn’t there long enough or achieve enough to label it a success. 

He mentioned managing City in an interview on Five Live

• Confused 1

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

So fans of every club that isn’t a Reading, Shef Weds, or a Blackpool should just shut up and take all sorts of bullshit and lies, year after year. Who is deluded?

Well done for creating a completely irrelevant and made up scenario 👍🏽

1 hour ago, WeAreThePigs said:

This is OTT on another level, hardly Reading, Sheff Wed or the Oystens.

Think it's more about the chaos, sense of drift and mismanagement as opposed go actual disaster or malign intent.

As in what good for your career working in such a structure and set-up.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I think there was more to it than that!

Well that's how I remember the radio interview! Can still hear it now, like it was yesterday.

He was cryptic in the extreme and, when pushed, merely said "it's a big city" - leaving the interviewer and listeners none the wiser. Which I found quite funny at the time.

I liked him then and I still like him now but, while there may have been interest from our side back then, I think it's true he had bigger and better options than basketcase Bristol City.

He was wise to be wary of Lansdown back then and, in hindsight, may regret having said yes to him all these years later.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 3