IGNORED

Tinnion on SotC

1960maaan

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I've come to the conclusion they think it's the players that need changing, not the Coach.

So their theory is - buy some new players in the summer and everything will be alright.

Our top six players, you mean?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yep. My fear is the taps have been turned off, we'll see no more of the 30M from last year and this summer we'll only spend what we get from sales.

Incomers will be unproven young players who are strangers to the Championship - at the same time as a ton of experience is allowed to leave.

Nor fully. Bird has some useful experience at the level and is from a Cat 1 Academy.

I hope that the wider prognosis isn't quite as had as you say but Murphy and Stokes certainly lack experience.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Unless Twine is the second coming of Lionel Messi, I think we all know what sort of performance to expect against teams who will set up to keep it tight and nick a Cardiff style win.

We are boring as sh1te, with a boring as sh1te coach, led by incompetent dunces and a disinterested owner.

What could possibly go wrong.

Funnily, Twine under NP added to the solid base (fitness notwithstanding) would've given a real lift. IMO and defiurikry a new strong dimension vs those deeper lying sides. Bird too would in thst framework have been a useful addition.

In this scenario though, like you not really feeling it.

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Finally got around to listening to it last night & thought the interviewer (Richard Hoskin?) did an excellent job, we all miss GT but to be fair he wasn’t far off his standard.

Aside from the blatant lies, so the McKenna 2 wins in his first 12, we beat Southampton 3-1 (not 3-0), we weren’t 3 points off the playoffs as a result & he seems to have completely forgotten his time in Spain, the bits that really irritated were his constant excuse of injuries now, (no worse it was than under Pearson) the incredible assertion that we couldn’t compete with Coventry (the only place I felt Hoskin missed a follow up, why did they spend after their sales & we didn’t?) & his total arrogance that he “deserved” the job.

Dismal.

I’ve tried to defend Tins as a playing legend, and in my eyes he was, and in particular the nastiness of the personal jibes, but when you put it like that, there’s no argument against, and you haven’t even mentioned the back stabbing which I’ve pretty much heard first hand accounts of. 

Such a shame. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

21 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Finally got around to listening to it last night & thought the interviewer (Richard Hoskin?) did an excellent job, we all miss GT but to be fair he wasn’t far off his standard.

Aside from the blatant lies, so the McKenna 2 wins in his first 12, we beat Southampton 3-1 (not 3-0), we weren’t 3 points off the playoffs as a result & he seems to have completely forgotten his time in Spain, the bits that really irritated were his constant excuse of injuries now, (no worse it was than under Pearson) the incredible assertion that we couldn’t compete with Coventry (the only place I felt Hoskin missed a follow up, why did they spend after their sales & we didn’t?) & his total arrogance that he “deserved” the job.

Dismal.

Great post Graham, quite similar to my post just prior. I thought it was Hadwin but I think you are right!

In any event I also thought they did a good job; not GT level but surprisingly good question and challenge. 

You can tell he’s a man under pressure from the fans, albeit perhaps not Lansdown. He’s well aware of it too; and to earlier comments it’s far from just on OTIB. Up until recently at least it was the reason he’d not been to an away game in months.  

• Robin 1