IGNORED

In other news- this could be good!

I can save them all the bother. 

Have a dad that is a football manager in a club where the owner loves him, ask your dad if you can play every week, then when your dad gets sacked keep sucking up to the owner, then get the most decent job you will ever get. 

Then write a book.

Edited by Superjack
  • Haha 9

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

He said he wanted to take a break from management for a bit. 
In fairness to him on these webinars, he wasn’t sure how much interest there would be. He’d initially put a post on LinkedIn asking if anyone would be interested in such a thing, and he’d figured he might have a dozen or so interested and he was going to run detailed sessions to a small number. 
But the interest on LinkedIn was vastly more than he anticipated and so is running these free ‘all-comers’ webinars instead now. 
I appreciate that he’s easily ridiculed by many but there is clearly interest from people outside of City, Sunderland and Hibs as to drawing on his experiences in the pro game. He’s been involved in 1,000 pro matches at 15 clubs and is willing to provide that experience, for free, to aspiring coaches, managers, recruiters etc. 

Surely it’s a good thing that he is ‘giving back’ to the game. 

He can talk the talk, at least

6 hours ago, chowie said:

IMG_0148.thumb.jpeg.a0544519d6c166e99f422ce187cc44bf.jpeg

Post of the Month there! 😂

As long as Lansdown is still here I think there is always the chance he will bring the prodigal son back.

Cue Instagram showreel of Man Utd game highlights with the tag line “Unfinished Business”. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harry said:

In fairness to him on these webinars, he wasn’t sure how much interest there would be. He’d initially put a post on LinkedIn asking if anyone would be interested in such a thing, and he’d figured he might have a dozen or so interested and he was going to run detailed sessions to a small number. 
But the interest on LinkedIn was vastly more than he anticipated and so is running these free ‘all-comers’ webinars instead now. 
I appreciate that he’s easily ridiculed by many but there is clearly interest from people outside of City, Sunderland and Hibs as to drawing on his experiences in the pro game. He’s been involved in 1,000 pro matches at 15 clubs and is willing to provide that experience, for free, to aspiring coaches, managers, recruiters etc. 

Yes Harry, I'm particularly looking forward to the modules on self promotion, man management, grass measuring, optimum strategies for blame deflection, the role of drones (remember that one?!), everything I learnt from Pep and everything Pep learnt from me, how to be "brave", and an introductory session in gobbledygook.

I'm signing up, he knows how much I love him.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Harry said:

As you say H , experienced player and Manager . What made me think it could have been a good fit when he came in as Manager , was his eagerness to learn. He went to various Clubs , studied and trained with them . Looked into ( and tried) various systems . If he could have focused on a style/system that he liked and not got caught up in the Clubs in the bag style of recruitment , who knows . He did miss a chance here.

36 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

What the **** is "periodisation"? Is it a lady thing?

Oh, then there was all the double speak Bollox .

Lingo Bingo ?

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

Periodisation is a method of training where you break this down to 3 cycles, macro, meso and micro. 
It’s about designing training plans to achieve goals but breaking it down into constituent parts to account for heavy workloads and lighter workloads. 

Maybe some of you ought to register on the course to be able to get a grasp of this methodology. 😙 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

Periodisation is a method of training where you break this down to 3 cycles, macro, meso and micro. 
It’s about designing training plans to achieve goals but breaking it down into constituent parts to account for heavy workloads and lighter workloads. 

Maybe some of you ought to register on the course to be able to get a grasp of this methodology. 😙 

And yet, he was still shit.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Harry said:

Its also a curiosity as Lee Johnson would have been going through training that was episodic at BCFC. There was no one model guiding his football at BCFC. Lee Johnsons football had morphing styles. Football of styles means less time is spent on periodisation, the training jumps from topic to topic - Episodic. This means that training is less integrated, not more, and learning is as not as internalised (deep). 

Yes, really. 

Edited by Cowshed
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Tuesday 0800-1200: Bomb Alley. 

I'll be honest, the pitch zoning was actually quite clever.

Just not sure how it applied during the second half of his tenure when we were camped in our own half. Made it just slightly redundant.

17 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

And yet, he was still shit.

I maintain LJs main issue has and always will be man management.

Think he had some good ideas and is probably a very good ‘grass’ coach. His problem was/is that he is poor at man management and struggles to motivate players/teams and secondly he’s too stats driven-trust your eyes and what you’re seeing on the pitch not what you think the stats or a coaching manual are telling you. Two very similar traits to our current coach-funny that.

2 hours ago, RSW8 said:

Think he had some good ideas and is probably a very good ‘grass’ coach. His problem was/is that he is poor at man management and struggles to motivate players/teams and secondly he’s too stats driven-trust your eyes and what you’re seeing on the pitch not what you think the stats or a coaching manual are telling you. Two very similar traits to our current coach-funny that.

Maybe SL should get LJ back to work with LM as they would probably  understand what each other is taking about. Still not sure how they convey that to the players mind.

7 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Maybe SL should get LJ back to work with LM as they would probably  understand what each other is taking about. Still not sure how they convey that to the players mind.

You realise crayon boy is probably reading this :facepalm:

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Good communicators use as little jargon as possible.  It is also a sign of properly understanding concepts.  If someone falls into jargon they're basically not mastering the subject. They're stuck in it. 

6 minutes ago, Malago said:

Imagine getting caught sat next to Lee Johnson and Liam Manning on a long haul flight.

I'd take that every time. The leg room would be decent for a start.

• Haha 3