IGNORED

Mebude

GrahamC

1 hour ago, RollsRoyce said:

No, he was a player Manning scouted extensively last season. At least that is what Manning said. So I assume he rated him. 

Seriously ?

He watched either Scotland U21 , Academy or EFL trophy football and thought this kid was ready to step into a Championship team ? After not being able to breal into Westerlo's team . 

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I think the Twine signing seemed much less sensibile. We knew we were going nowhere this season. We knew we almost certainly won't be able to sign him on a permenant this summer. So why waste the money on bringing him in for a few months?

The only thing I can think is he wanted to play with a genuine 10 and Twine was the only one he could get for now. 

Of course if he couldn't find one we could afford or was available in Jan, who's to say he would be in the summer. We ain't signing Twine for £5m that's for sure. 
We would want to make sure any players coming in would be wanted by the next Manager, due in around September next year *

Date's can be changed if the Chairman finds a backbone.

• Haha 1

This guy is easily in the top 5 all time worst players for city and if he keeps putting in the performance he is I think he could easily become top 3 worst ever 😂

Just amazed Manning thinks he's better then the kids in the 21s 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, RollsRoyce said:

No, he was a player Manning scouted extensively last season. At least that is what Manning said. So I assume he rated him. 

He also said “our guys” had been monitoring him last season too.  Eeek!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RollsRoyce said:

God help us if hes given any wedge in the summer not blaming him for the waste of 2 million on McCrorie though.

Edited by Cityboy1954
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

24 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

God help us if hes given any wedge in the summer not blaming him for the waste of 2 million on McCrorie though.

More like £1.25m…but that’s not the point.

The bloke has done well for coming back from a serious injury.  He’s now hitting that brick wall that often happens having had so long out.  Needs to be treated very carefully over the remaining games.  Hopefully Tanner is back to give Ross the chance to refresh.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

More like £1.25m…but that’s not the point.

The bloke has done well for coming back from a serious injury.  He’s now hitting that brick wall that often happens having had so long out.  Needs to be treated very carefully over the remaining games.  Hopefully Tanner is back to give Ross the chance to refresh.

Think Tanners a much better fullback personaly  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Think Tanners a much better fullback personaly  

Think they have different styles

(I like Tanner btw, never got the criticism he got early season)

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think they have different styles

(I like Tanner btw, never got the criticism he got early season)

Tanner-Sykes (when fit).

Just sort of..works doesn't it. At least in the short term given the medical issues McCrorie had. More conservative RB, defensively sound, Sykes attacking yet hard working higher up.

8 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

He's lucky to still be playing football, or even keep his leg,

The mccrorie playing now us nit the one we signed

• Like 5

13 hours ago, winsaw said:

This guy is easily in the top 5 all time worst players for city and if he keeps putting in the performance he is I think he could easily become top 3 worst ever 😂

Just amazed Manning thinks he's better then the kids in the 21s 

Bit over the top. He's 19, has played about 40 minutes in a terrible team. Didn't he look reasonably decent one of his sub appearances?

Players like Nicky Hunt were way worse! Leeds away will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Bit over the top. He's 19, has played about 40 minutes in a terrible team. Didn't he look reasonably decent one of his sub appearances?

Players like Nicky Hunt were way worse! Leeds away will haunt me for the rest of my life.

He's no were near Hunt levels of bad I don't think we will ever see anyone get there thankfully,

But that doesn't take away the fact he looked miles out of his depth and that hes playing at a level that looks far to high for him, 

January is when u sign players who can make an instant impact not ones who look like they need a couple of loans and 18 months to be ready , he's a panic buy that's gone very wrong and has just blocking a route from the 21s

• Admin
1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Which is even more worrying that he has been found out so quickly 

Don't forget they get to see him in training every day if he had anything remotely about him he would have been in by now 

4 minutes ago, winsaw said:

January is when u sign players who can make an instant impact not ones who look like they need a couple of loans and 18 months to be ready , he's a panic buy that's gone very wrong and has just blocking a route from the 21s

and what a worrying record we have had panic signing such rubbish 

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

There were some serious reasons why hunt was so poor, bloke was going through a horrible time in his personal life.

• Like 2

I feel his lack of games could be manning protecting him. If we are losing games it makes sense to bring him on the try and make things happen, sadly atm if he brings him on and doesn't do that then fans will be on his back straight away. As was the case when he came on and gave the ball away a few times. 

1 minute ago, Mattredrobin said:

I feel his lack of games could be manning protecting him. If we are losing games it makes sense to bring him on the try and make things happen, sadly atm if he brings him on and doesn't do that then fans will be on his back straight away. As was the case when he came on and gave the ball away a few times. 

Nah.

Thats the same Liam Manning who has been playing a patently unfit Cameron Pring and had Scott Twine on the bench when he wasn’t fit in case he got a free kick. It’s also the same Liam Manning who is throwing players under the bus weekly while stating what a great job the coaching team are doing.

If he thought he could do anything he’d have put him on the pitch. If you believe otherwise I’ve got some beans to sell you.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1