IGNORED

CIty and England on the same day

5th September 1998 a bad day at the office, city were away to Swindon and England were playing at 6pm sounds a dream day. We had had a request from our friends grandad, could we go to a pub he used on the way to Avebury to pick up some of his fave crisps, they had a picture of the uffington white horse on these crisps as far as I can remember, I digress, anyway we were 3 0 down early, in one of the most frustrating CIty performance's ever, we hit the woodwork four times and got it back to 3 2. Absolutely shocking. The day got worse when we pulled in the pub, they had a big sign, no football coaches, the bouncer refused us entry full stop, we explained the crisps situation and he told us to leave in a pretty unfriendly way, then we lost 2 1 to Sweden, not a day il forget tbh

• Haha 1

City also played Swindon on 15/02/1995 when England were away to Rep of Ireland. 
The game where the infamous trouble occurred. 
We were away to Swindon same night. Me and 2 mates somehow managed to sneak ourselves into the County Arms which was full of Swindon. We told the bouncer we were from Marlborough and he believed us and let us in. 
We got quite a lot of looks as many locals clearly didn’t recognise us but the events unfolding on the TV screens took everyone’s attention. 

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

5th September 1998 a bad day at the office, city were away to Swindon and England were playing at 6pm sounds a dream day. We had had a request from our friends grandad, could we go to a pub he used on the way to Avebury to pick up some of his fave crisps, they had a picture of the uffington white horse on these crisps as far as I can remember, I digress, anyway we were 3 0 down early, in one of the most frustrating CIty performance's ever, we hit the woodwork four times and got it back to 3 2. Absolutely shocking. The day got worse when we pulled in the pub, they had a big sign, no football coaches, the bouncer refused us entry full stop, we explained the crisps situation and he told us to leave in a pretty unfriendly way, then we lost 2 1 to Sweden, not a day il forget tbh

Weren’t England playing when Swindon won the league against us in November 2015 ?

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Ha ha was it that long ago. Went to the Swindon game and found a pub 5 minutes away from the ground to watch England.

Actually also had tickets for the England game but had no intention of travelling, just needed them for extra points /caps towards tickets for the 2000 Euros.

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Was that when Akinbiyi hit the bar in the last min? I was in the home end that day as couldn’t get a ticket, was horrendous