IGNORED

The olden days , photo.

1960maaan

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Does no one remember the 2-1 FA cup replay win at Eastville in 68 ? Galley and Crowe, THAT was a great night, completely took over the Tote. All ticket game, they sold any tickets to anyone, no segregation in them days !

Yes of course I do. I took a friend's 8 year old son, it was his first game and he was buzzing at the end.

Sadly, a year later, he drowned in the Avon near Keynsham. 

• Sad 4

6 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

That sounds nuts. Was there an area where you were expected to go in the ground as an away fan or did you just go anywhere?

I can remember going to a Brentford v Exeter game in the 70’s where fans just swapped ends at half time and even that dog without a few scuffles .

Yes (shock horror probe) you went anywhere you bloody well liked !

6 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Does no one remember the 2-1 FA cup replay win at Eastville in 68 ? Galley and Crowe, THAT was a great night, completely took over the Tote. All ticket game, they sold any tickets to anyone, no segregation in them days !

Saw the first game at Ashton Gate  0-0. Dad was a Rovers fan, so I went with him.

Wouldnt let me go to the reply, because of school the next day, I was 10

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Saw the first game at Ashton Gate  0-0. Dad was a Rovers fan, so I went with him.

Wouldnt let me go to the reply, because of school the next day, I was 10

Had to queue up at Eastville Sunday morning for tickets, queue stretched all the way past the station  (got South Enc tickets). I think the crowd was getting on for 30k .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

and the game where the wind was blowing the greyhound track in our faces all day.

I remember the windy one, 1-0 to Rovers I think? Goalkicks were ending up heading backwards towards the keeper. There was a shunt on the M32 right behind the away terrace which must have been so embarrassing for the drivers being how they were jeered by a couple of thousand City fans.

In my memory, that was the last Derby game at Eastville but I must be wrong if it is the one featured above.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Had to queue up at Eastville Sunday morning for tickets, queue stretched all the way past the station  (got South Enc tickets). I think the crowd was getting on for 30k .

I remember cycling from Brislington to Eastville with my mate early to mid 70's to buy tickets for the away end. 

A few good memories of standing on the away terrace, looking over towards the old gas works and taking the pee out of the 'gas heads'

And people now complain about getting tickets online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

I remember cycling from Brislington to Eastville with my mate early to mid 70's to buy tickets for the away end. 

A few good memories of standing on the away terrace, looking over towards the old gas works and taking the pee out of the 'gas heads'

And people now complain about getting tickets online.

I remember riding my Honda H100 from Glos to AG, to get Bradford LC QF tickets.

It was so cold that I could hardly walk when I got back. Happy days!

On 24/03/2024 at 12:00, Ronnie said:

Lester Shapter the referee. Think he came from Torquay. He used to run around the streets to warm up for the game.

Back then Refs being amateur still reffed at different levels.

We had Shapter for a Hearld Cup game (South Devon League) and drew the game.

Lester was a bit pissed off in the bar afterwards as he had to give up a first division game the next Saturday to Ref our replay.

If memory severs it was Southampton v Man United. Different times.

• Like 1

On 25/03/2024 at 00:32, fgrsimon said:

I remember the windy one, 1-0 to Rovers I think? Goalkicks were ending up heading backwards towards the keeper. There was a shunt on the M32 right behind the away terrace which must have been so embarrassing for the drivers being how they were jeered by a couple of thousand City fans.

In my memory, that was the last Derby game at Eastville but I must be wrong if it is the one featured above.

I remember that one. Our goal came at the Tote End, a cross from a free kick held up in the wind and ****** up City's offside trap, leaving 3 Rovers onside around the 6 yard box :)