IGNORED

Bath City now live on TNT 3 - some of our loanees start

BCFCGav

Buse, Idehen, Clarke and Yeboah, quite a number of City or ex City players.

I guess helping Bath get into the National league would be very useful for us in getting some serious game time for our younger players, think Bryan and possibly Reid played for Bath at that level before pushing on.

Was that a synthetic pitch?

1 minute ago, Countryfile said:

I guess helping Bath get into the National league would be very useful for us in getting some serious game time for our younger players, think Bryan and possibly Reid played for Bath at that level before pushing on.

Was that a synthetic pitch?

Yes it was. Increasing numbers of non league clubs opting for that now.

Next season Mangotsfield United will be playing on a plastic pitch for home games.

32 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

And Tommy Conway more recently.

6 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Yes it was. Increasing numbers of non league clubs opting for that now.

Next season Mangotsfield United will be playing on a plastic pitch for home games.

Never mind plastic pitches, they could do with a decent set of lights, went Thursday night, could hardly see a thing , surprised they are deemed suitable !

27 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Never mind plastic pitches, they could do with a decent set of lights, went Thursday night, could hardly see a thing , surprised they are deemed suitable !

are you sure that is not your old eyes 😃

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I believe that is also being done. Plus the pitch is being widened outwards with the far side being knocked down and rebuilt so there is more room between the touchlines and the perimeter fencing/walls.

I was doing the ground announcing on Thursday night. 

5 hours ago, handsofclay said:

I believe that is also being done. Plus the pitch is being widened outwards with the far side being knocked down and rebuilt so there is more room between the touchlines and the perimeter fencing/walls.

I was doing the ground announcing on Thursday night. 

Couldn't hear that ,either !🤣  Seriously, are they going to encroach into the "hut field", that will all cost a few bob ,won't it ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Do you think we could borrow them?  Not being able to see a thing at the match is a really attractive proposition right now!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Couldn't hear that ,either !🤣  Seriously, are they going to encroach into the "hut field", that will all cost a few bob ,won't it ?

Yes they are apparently, and all the electrics being done which I assume will include the floodlights. I agree about the current state of the lighting, when teams arrive with numbers that aren't that distinctive on their shirts it can be a nightmare trying to ascertain, under those poor lights, who has scored etc to make the announcement.

2 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Yes they are apparently, and all the electrics being done which I assume will include the floodlights. I agree about the current state of the lighting, when teams arrive with numbers that aren't that distinctive on their shirts it can be a nightmare trying to ascertain, under those poor lights, who has scored etc to make the announcement.

I stand on the far side (always have) and being a tad colour blind ,when the play was over the other side I had a job differentiating the two teams  , the kits merging into "all grey" under those lights !

39 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I stand on the far side (always have) and being a tad colour blind ,when the play was over the other side I had a job differentiating the two teams  , the kits merging into "all grey" under those lights !

Quite agree it can be murky at times. I also know one or two supporters who stand on the side opposite the grandstand and they have also said that they cannot hear the announcements. If, once the ground has had its makeover (estimated to finish late-September) the tannoy still cannot be heard there I will raise the issue. 

But you are not alone in hoping the lights are brighter next season. 

• Thanks 1