IGNORED

Statistically, we have the easiest last seven games in the division

49 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Apparently….

I think Soccerstats do it better where they looks at the ppg of your remaining opponents v the ppg of who you've played. There's a lot of numbers in their table, but basically an easier run in is shown by a big +% in the final column. A big -% means a hard run-in.

Their system says yes we've got a gentler final 7, but it's not quite as easy a run-in as those off Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday, Swansea, or Stoke.

Look at the top btw. Ipswich's final 7 is nails.

Screenshot_20240401-083735.png

Edited by ExiledAjax

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

The easiest games at this stage of the season are likely to be against teams with nothing to play for.  Three of our games are against teams needing points to avoid the drop who will be fighting for their lives.

So basically those 7 really want to be playing us then🤣

One thing to look for today is that I think - if I've got my maths correct - it's mathematically possible for Rotherham to be relegated today.

Their maximum points total right now is 41. If they draw today it's only 39. If they lose then it's 38.

Three teams above them already have 39, including the team in 21st, and none of them are playing each other today.

Rotherham have one game left against one of those three teams - Birmingham.

So, if either of Sheff Wed or Huddersfield beat or equal Rotherham's result today, then Rotherham are down.

I think.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

One thing to look for today is that I think - if I've got my maths correct - it's mathematically possible for Rotherham to be relegated today.

Their maximum points total right now is 41. If they draw today it's only 39.

Three teams above them already have 39, and none of them are playing each other today.

So, if Sheff Wed or Huddersfield beat Rotherham's result today, then Rotherham are down.

I think.

They're down regardless if they lose, max points they can get currently is 21, lose and it becomes 18 meaning even if everyone above them loses they're still down.

Intriguing for me is that Blackburn could go down, awful form and toughest run in. Would be pleased if Blackburn and Birmingham go down.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

The easiest games at this stage of the season are likely to be against teams with nothing to play for.  Three of our games are against teams needing points to avoid the drop who will be fighting for their lives.

Have you included Rotherham?

They definitely have nothing to play for, effectively been relegated for weeks.

36 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Their maximum points total right now is 41. If they draw today it's only 39. If they lose then it's 38.

Three teams above them already have 39, including the team in 21st, and none of them are playing each other today.

So, if either of Sheff Wed or Huddersfield beat or equal Rotherham's result today, then Rotherham are down.

I think.

Yep- plus Huddersfield & Birmingham still have to play each other.

They might be crap but they can’t both lose that one.

Rotherham’s abysmal minus 50 goal difference is effectively worth another point to the rest too.

• Like 1

Just now, GrahamC said:

Yep- plus Huddersfield & Birmingham still have to play each other.

They might be crap but they can’t both lose that one.

Rotherham’s abysmal minus 50 goal difference is effectively worth another point to the rest too.

Yeh it needs a miraculous set of results to see them safe. 

Never realistically going to happen.

(Likely) confirmed relegation on 1st April is impressive in a horrible kind of way.

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh it needs a miraculous set of results to see them safe. 

Never realistically going to happen.

(Likely) confirmed relegation on 1st April is impressive in a horrible kind of way.

Richardson their manager has been very honest in saying they’ve effectively been down for weeks.

Lost 10 of their last 11 with a couple of recent 5-0 hammerings, only point was a 0-0 v Huddersfield.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Richardson their manager has been very honest in saying they’ve effectively been down for weeks.

Lost 10 of their last 11 with a couple of recent 5-0 hammerings, only point was a 0-0 v Huddersfield.

Yeh and I doubt they'll sack him. They're a yo-yo Champ/L1 club and tbh they seem about as content with that as you can be.

I don't know loads about their ownership but they seem fairly sensibly run from a distant viewpoint.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Super said:

Apart from Rotherham there are no easy games especially this stage of the season.

This is it. And it may well be harder playing clubs fighting for their lives at this stage of the season than it is to play clubs thinking about promotion but nervous as to whether they will atain it. 

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think Soccerstats do it better where they looks at the ppg of your remaining opponents v the ppg of who you've played. There's a lot of numbers in their table, but basically an easier run in is shown by a big +% in the final column. A big -% means a hard run-in.

Their system says yes we've got a gentler final 7, but it's not quite as easy a run-in as those off Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday, Swansea, or Stoke.

Look at the top btw. Ipswich's final 7 is nails.

Screenshot_20240401-083735.png

That table will have Blackburn very nervous!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

That table will have Blackburn very nervous!

Yeh the whole "we'll score one more than you" glass cannon style was working ok under JDT for a while, but it started cracking, then disintegrated, and Eustace just hasn't been able to repurpose the pieces into anything resembling a functional team. Their attack has collapsed, delivering xG of less than 1 in many of their recent games. It's not good.

Bar Szmodics' goals they've really had a pretty dire season. 

I'd still be surprised if they go down as realistically they probably only need another 6 points or so, but they're definitely vulnerable, especially with the rough run in.

• Like 1