IGNORED

Governance - if only

DaveInSA

I’ve been getting e-mails from Hargreaves Lansdown for weeks. Almost every day saying “get your ISA allowance advantages for the 2023/4 tax year”. 

It’s now 2 April.

I’ve got my ISA set up finally. And I want to pay money in. I’ve already done one transaction today. And I can’t do another one into my nominated account until Thursday, because of…. procedures. I can’t change my nominated account to my new ISA account because of…. procedures. So, I’m very likely to miss out on my ISA allowance for 2023/4. Partly because I am a nob and didn’t get organised fast enough. And partly because of annoying governance (which is way beyond what is regulated I believe).

Why is this in the football forum?

Well because - Governance. 

HL is (IMHO) over governed. Why can’t I do two transactions in a day - I’m hardly laundering money am I? Where is the risk? It’s utter madness.

Compare that with BCFC.

Where we have Jon, Brian and Manning making all the footballing decisions. With no oversight nor accountability. Overseeing millions of pounds of transfer business.

How can both of these entities be part of the Steve Lansdown empire (I know he’s not involved actively with HL anymore )? It’s like chalk and cheese. And quite frankly demonstrates how seriously Steve takes the “asset” that is BCFC. It’s his plaything. A little annoying toy that makes a squeak now and again. 

Rant. Over.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

I’ve been getting e-mails from Hargreaves Lansdown for weeks. Almost every day saying “get your ISA allowance advantages for the 2023/4 tax year”. 

It’s now 2 April.

I’ve got my ISA set up finally. And I want to pay money in. I’ve already done one transaction today. And I can’t do another one into my nominated account until Thursday, because of…. procedures. I can’t change my nominated account to my new ISA account because of…. procedures. So, I’m very likely to miss out on my ISA allowance for 2023/4. Partly because I am a nob and didn’t get organised fast enough. And partly because of annoying governance (which is way beyond what is regulated I believe).

Why is this in the football forum?

Well because - Governance. 

HL is (IMHO) over governed. Why can’t I do two transactions in a day - I’m hardly laundering money am I? Where is the risk? It’s utter madness.

Compare that with BCFC.

Where we have Jon, Brian and Manning making all the footballing decisions. With no oversight nor accountability. Overseeing millions of pounds of transfer business.

How can both of these entities be part of the Steve Lansdown empire (I know he’s not involved actively with HL anymore )? It’s like chalk and cheese. And quite frankly demonstrates how seriously Steve takes the “asset” that is BCFC. It’s his plaything. A little annoying toy that makes a squeak now and again. 

Rant. Over.

A squeaky toy indeed.

What other club at our level would have junior, sid, and manning in their respective positions.

Time to put us on ebay Steve.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1