IGNORED

Murray's Comment In Friday's E.post

headhunter

Having enjoyed a good day's cricket at The Oval today the first thing I did on arriving home was to read the back page of the EP.

I was greeted by a not wholly unpredictable headline : "Give me more time" says Tins, "don't judge me on three games". I can just about accept that.

Turning inside I see his "Best Man" Murray making the comment "they also have to be patient" talking about us supporters. That I can't take from a man who has failed to deliver in the 5 months since he has returned . WE'VE BEEN PATIENT FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS !!!

Murray should have at best a place on the bench tomorrow if Tinnion is to have some credibility at this early stage of his managerial career - it is all a bit to close between him and his buddy right now !!

Everyone is looking for more time, yesterday, in the blackpool eve gazette, Hendry was saying he needs 5 months to sort it out, they will be down if he does.

I have only seen Murray twice since his return, he appeared to be trying too hard.............probably still the case. He knows how much he owes the club for bringing him back!

Time is not something this club has too much of. I still believe we will be in the mix come the end of the season. Tins knows how important promotion is, anything lass will, unfortunately, be deemed as failure. It still amazes people up here that Danny was considered a failure!! The day after he was sacked, and the day before Hendry was appointed, everyone was saying 'Danny Wilsons Tangerine Army'.

Yes, I know, we are a bigger club (although league tables over many years would say not), I know we have spent considerably more money on players, wages and the Academy. Our support is twice the size, but so? We are deemed as no more than we are by other clubs supporters.

Now is the time to prove our status and gain promotion. Tins and the senior players know this, some will respond, some will find the pressure hard to bear, as the majority did in the play-off final. Time, no, there is little time I'm afraid.

Everyone is looking for more time, yesterday, in the blackpool eve gazette, Hendry was saying he needs 5 months to sort it out, they will be down if he does.

I have only seen Murray twice since his return, he appeared to be trying too hard.............probably still the case. He knows how much he owes the club for bringing him back!

Time is not something this club has too much of. I still believe we will be in the mix come the end of the season. Tins knows how important promotion is, anything lass will, unfortunately, be deemed as failure. It still amazes people up here that Danny was considered a failure!! The day after he was sacked, and the day before Hendry was appointed, everyone was saying 'Danny Wilsons Tangerine Army'.

Yes, I know, we are a bigger club (although league tables over many years would say not), I know we have spent considerably more money on players, wages and the Academy. Our support is twice the size, but so? We are deemed as no more than we are by other clubs supporters.

Now is the time to prove our status and gain promotion. Tins and the senior players know this, some will respond, some will find the pressure hard to bear, as the majority did in the play-off final. Time, no, there is little time I'm afraid.

So, Who has snapped Danny Willson up then?

Mate the board have made an appointment on the cheap,the problem is exactly the one thats beginning to unfold now, you will have a divided dressing room and a coach with absolutely no experience, frankly you would have been better off sticking with Wilson, Plymouth a few years ago appointed a guy called Kevin Hodges who as a player was a legend at the club, it was a disaster, and he had at least gotten managerial experience with Torquay.

You feel as loyal supporters you should support the manager which is the right thing to do obviously, and I'm sure the board realised this when they made the appointment, could it be argued that Holloway as an ex QPR player disproves my argument? possibly to a degree, but I'm not aware of any players who were there at the same time as him.

Sadly you may have to resign yourself to being "patient" either that or grab the opportunity to appoint a manager with a proven track record and no mates or enemies on the playing staff who may or may not become available in the very near future.

I know its early days and feel free to ram this down my throat when things improve and City are promoted at the end of the season.

Best wishes.

The scenario with Hodges & Plymouth is'nt particularly relevant as Tinnion has a squad probably the equal of any in this league.

His "stepping-up" is again far from unique and there are countless examples of vastly experienced pro's.being given similar opportunities.Over the years we have had a series of managers with"proven track records" sadly none of them improved the clubs overall performance to any great extent.

At this early stage B.T. no doubt is having to do some quick learning,but for sure his intimate knowledge of the club and the capabilities of our players allows him a view-point to make valid judgements.

Talk of "mates & enemies" is I think way off the mark,fortunately with 40 years of following the City patience is something that I have a little of,we all know our season is a marathon consequently come the end of the season I doubt that anyone will remember who headed it after 270'.

The scenario with Hodges & Plymouth is'nt particularly relevant as Tinnion has a squad probably the equal of any in this league.

His "stepping-up" is again far from unique and there are countless examples of vastly experienced pro's.being given similar opportunities.Over the years we have had a series of managers with"proven track records" sadly none of them improved the clubs overall performance to any great extent.

At this early stage B.T. no doubt is having to do some quick learning,but for sure his intimate knowledge of the club and the capabilities of our players allows him a view-point to make valid judgements.

Talk of "mates & enemies" is I think way off the mark,fortunately with 40 years of following the City patience is something that I have a little of,we all know our season is a marathon consequently come the end of the season I doubt that anyone will remember who headed it after 270'.

Good points well made Lotusman, although i sometimes think quality doesnt equal success otherwise why are you still in League 1? why is Tinnion more able to make the best of a squad assembled by Wilson? and sadly i think your wrong a divided dressing room is extremely likely. But this is all conjecture, time will tell!

Best wishes

Good points well made Lotusman, although i sometimes think quality doesnt equal success otherwise why are you still in League 1? why is Tinnion more able to make the best of a squad assembled by Wilson? and sadly i think your wrong a divided dressing room is extremely likely. But this is all conjecture, time will tell!

Best wishes

Divided dressing room? I don't grasp why you think that could be the case? For sure 24 or whatever number of potential first-teamers will not make the starting 11,so the issue then becomes one of fairness in selection.Tinnions comments have been consistant,essentially perform well and earn your place.Already he has shown a willingness to give early opportunities to youngsters and at the same time drop established pro.'s from the starting 11.Would Danny at this early stage have given playing time to the following:Ayinsah,Gillespie,Orr,Lita? Would Danny drop "his" high cost signing Hefferman? Would Danny have openly criticised some of our play and request a higher expectation?

Like you say its all conjecture & time will tell.What I do believe though is that each and every player should try their best no matter who the manager is,I've no time for Prima Donna's and especially at the 3rd tier of football.

Archived