IGNORED

Sunderland away match thread

Max excellent, Vyner decent, rest indifferent.

If Bell misses that Twine chance at the end there would have been meltdowns on here, he's gotta do better.

Makes me laugh that our formation is a copy of Ipswich with Mehmeti tucking in and Pring getting up and down with Tanner not getting forward much because they are frightened of getting Clarke 1v1. 

It's forcing Sykes further back to track when we he's our most consistent forward, that Hjelde at LB is dodgy yet we've barely troubled him because we are too focused on being an Ipswich copy, sigh.

James trying to get on the ball, Knight few ok passes forward but midfield getting ghosted past quite often. We need to get a foothold in there otherwise they'll run away with it. 

Twine moves about as much as Tomlin, don't get the hype. At least Tomlin would pull something out of nowhere sometimes.

Lucky they ain't got a striker. Have a feeling that young Rigg will pinch a goal if he gets a chance.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

I thought with them losing 5-1 at home Monday this would be difficult, but we are very poor, hopefully we can improve second half. Some of the usual suspects are having a field day, pathetic really. 

I'm watching with Sunderland commentators and they said that the energy is totally different today and that having Clarke back in the side makes a huge difference. He missed a good chance but has been involved in a lot of their good stuff.

Edited by mozo
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Gets Bailey Wright phoning in live on RTV.

First thing Downsy does? Cracks out a holiday photo from Qatar and starts banging on about how he DJ'd one of the Australian games.

Could ask about the match...but nah.

I’d rather not listen to Downsy talk about football tbh 

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Malago said:

Kicking with the wind second half I think we’ll go on and win this comfortably.

The wind is swirling. Looks worse this end, the end we are kicking into this next half. Saying that tho they have had better chances attacking this way in the 1st half. 

The wind is awful, getting battered by it even this high up in the stand. Good job it's not cold or it would be unbareable

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

A point at Sunderland is a result some may find okay, some may not but the performance level apart from 5 minutes at the start, 5 at the end.. thank goodness for Max so far.

They have a 16 year old right side and an 18 year old up front, the rest of the midfileld between 21 and 23. Impressive bunch of young 'uns, I wonder if they can keep them together though. Probably not, one would think.

Some context about our very poor show so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any idea how to listen to commentary these days?

FM radio has a rugby match on Somerset Sound and the Sags on Radio Bristol for some weird reason even though they are at home

Digital radio has some awful programme called Squad Goals or something which is just the same as Soccer Saturday but on the radio

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

They have a 16 year old right side and an 18 year old up front, the rest of the midfileld between 21 and 23. Impressive bunch of young 'uns, I wonder if they can keep them together though. Probably not, one would think.

Some context about our very poor show so far.

Okay I hadn't looked into the rest of the side..wow that is worse still then albeit one of their young players is the brother of Jude iirc.