IGNORED

Sunderland away match thread

Clean sheet without Dickie, Atkinson, Naismith. Barnstormer from Max. Defence and keeper set for next season, if we don’t lose any we don’t need any. Maybe a back up for Max, depending on where Bajic/Buse are in development. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Never seen a game where we’ve lost nearly every one on one battle, every second ball and the Sunderland players have outmuscled us in every duel.

There was no fight there at all and we’re lucky to escape with a point.

Some will point to the run of clean sheets, but to me that’s fool’s gold. Vardy would bury his chances 70-80% of the time. Sunderland would have scored those chances more often than not. That’s luck rather than good defending.

I'm disappointed that we didn't make the most of our chances. James scuffed a shot from inside the box, Twine should have scored, Pring messed up a 4 on 3.

City were definitely off it today, but actually could have won.

• Like 3
Just now, phantom said:

Fortunately the end of the season is fast approaching 

Typical end of season game where nobody is interested and minds are on holidays 

But 7 points from 9 and three clean sheets on the bounce are decent 

I’d be disappointed that our head coach couldn’t get his team interested. Sunderland looked up for it so I’m not buying that.

We still have 5 to play. Or should we not bother?

3 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Perhaps a result of the conditions but that was dreadful. At least MoL was on form. No one else can take much credit from that. 

Yep. Well done Maxi. I also thought Nakhi was decent, Vyner was okay. There were several very poor performances though.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, petehinton said:

7 subs, Roberts CB over Jamie KL. FFS!!

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Yeah I don't think Roberts would be particularly happy to sit on the bench when he's playing well.

Good intent so far

In hindsight, I wish Knight-Lebel did play! Roberts was way off his best. Although, so was Pring... and Knight... and Twine... and Mehmeti...

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

I’d be disappointed that our head coach couldn’t get his team interested. Sunderland looked up for it so I’m not buying that.

We still have 5 to play. Or should we not bother?

Well what would you expect from City if we got spanked last time? Happy with a point it's football.

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Clean sheet without Dickie, Atkinson, Naismith. Barnstormer from Max. Defence and keeper set for next season, if we don’t lose any we don’t need any. Maybe a back up for Max, depending on where Bajic/Buse are in development. 

Atkinson and Naismith hardly relevant to the game today. It was a stinker but great to get a point. We were playing a very, very young Sunderland side and they looked a far more effective unit. That should give anyone pause for thought.

• Like 1

Two “winnable” home games on the horizon and two good opportunities to put in better performances. Two teams who will be desperate to leave the Gate with a 0 on the goals conceded column so let’s see how Liam deals with that.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

A good away point  against a side that were always going to up their game after getting battered last outing, and a clean sheet to boot. All positives in my opinion. If you want to see Champaign football every match then go support Man City! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yep. Well done Maxi. I also thought Nakhi was decent, Vyner was okay. There were several very poor performances though.

Agreed, Max and Jack Clarke were MotM contenders, and from our side, Vyner did well to man mark Jobe, Wells didn't see much ball but was tidy.... those were tye good performers!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Atkinson and Naismith hardly relevant to the game today. It was a stinker but great to get a point. We were playing a very, very young Sunderland side and they looked a far more effective unit. That should give anyone pause for thought.

I wasn’t commenting on the team as a whole. 4 clean sheets in 5, back line is clearly in a good place, and that’s with two good players long-term injured.