IGNORED

Todays Ref

First off - I thought the ref (Bobby Madley) was excellent throughout.

Secondly, I didn’t realise he was a last minute appointment. And the reason being he’s a Huddersfield fan and was originally supposed to ref Birmingham vs Cardiff and Blues protested in view of potential bias so they moved Sam Allison there!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Secondly, I didn’t realise he was a last minute appointment. And the reason being he’s a Huddersfield fan and was originally supposed to ref Birmingham vs Cardiff and Blues protested in view of potential bias so they moved Sam Allison there!

Ah, well done Brum.

Another nail in the coffin today anyway. What a pity.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I did wonder why the Sky red button commentator said that it was Sam Allison reffing and gave out his stats for the season, because you could then immediately hear Downsy on the PA saying it was Bobby Madley.

6 hours ago, Olé said:

Absolutely nothing to do with the penalties, one of the best refs I've seen in a long time - was so consistent in how he judged things and always tried to let play go and only bring it back if the advantage wasn't there. Was never too fussy, cards were a last resort, and didn't want to be centre of attention. Looked like a normal bloke too rather than a failed footballer with an ego. More refs with this approach please.

Spot on.

Didn’t he leave the game & come back down the leagues after some disciplinary issue?

Clearly a class above & is an actual Prem ref, not like some who are.

42 minutes ago, Super said:

He took an age to give the first pen! He was excellent.

Which was excellent.

He thought about it & made the right decision, loads jump in & give it straight away & are wrong (Ipswich away).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on.

Didn’t he leave the game & come back down the leagues after some disciplinary issue?

Clearly a class above & is an actual Prem ref, not like some who are.

Don’t take it as gospel but I think he was caught on video taking the mick out of disabled people? Pretty sure his brother is a prem ref as well

3 minutes ago, BigRobsBiggestFan said:

Don’t take it as gospel but I think he was caught on video taking the mick out of disabled people? Pretty sure his brother is a prem ref as well

Think that’s right.

25 minutes ago, BigRobsBiggestFan said:

Yep that's right. Without that he'd probably be doing Champions League and internationals now.

• Like 2

Purely on performance , I thought he was very good. Played advantage well , but not just that he made it clear what was happening . Let the game flow , I thought he missed a few things but overall very good. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

He had a good game, but he did seem to think he was a rugby referee with the amount of time he let play continue before coming back for a foul.

Personally think that was a plus, some refs blow far too quickly when an advantage was the better option!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Atyeo's lift said:

I wonder if he was talking to the lino to confirm there was no chance of offside?

Think he was waiting to see the reaction of the two players involved before deciding as more often that is the giveaway in right or wrong. Notice the Blackburn defender didn’t complain when he did give it because he knew it was blatant as did the players around it.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I did wonder why the Sky red button commentator said that it was Sam Allison reffing and gave out his stats for the season, because you could then immediately hear Downsy on the PA saying it was Bobby Madley.

They also said about the replacement being made

He made it look easy although it was a straightforward game to manage liked how he took his time over the pen and just kept out the way. Contrast that to Geoff Eltringham who gave WBA a penalty for handball, hit him on the head, whilst standing on the edge of the D. 

Edited by Clevedon Red