IGNORED

Wearing a rivals shirt : Fundraising for Bristol Children's Hospital

phantom

• Admin

The below was posted somehow in our fixture list section on here by @SCDave and will be missed by many

I'm sure many of us will get behind this fantastic effort to raise money for such an amazing charity

Rovers fan in peace

In aid of the Wallace & Gromit Grand Appeal in aid of Bristol Children's Hospital, I am taking the Wrong Trousers event one step further and wearing a City shirt at work and to the Rovers game v Cambridge on Tuesday 16 April.

Hopefully this great cause can transcend football rivalry.

Any donations will greatly be received to the just giving site:

David Hewett is fundraising for Wallace & Gromit's Grand Appeal (justgiving.com)

Many thanks

Story

As a mad keen Bristol Rovers fan, I am pledging to wear a City shirt (yuck!) at work and a Rovers game on Tuesday 16 April.

I am preparing to suffer for a day, but nothing compared to what some of the brave children and families have to face.

Hopefully the supporters of Bristol's two clubs, whether a Pirate or a red, can join together, to donate some pieces of eight and raise a large bounty to help staff, patients and their families on behalf of the Wallace and Gromit Grand Appeal.

I'm just taking The Wrong Trousers Day, one step further and wearing the Wrong Shirt!

The Grand Appeal puts Bristol Children's Hospital at the heart of everything they do by providing:

Family accommodation: they run three accommodation houses that provide a safe and supportive place for families to stay while their child is in hospital.

Medical research: they invest in medical research programmes to ensure the hospital remains a hub of innovation, where everyday experts pave the way for sick children through a network of projects with international impact.

Equipment: they fund state-of-the-art equipment to save lives.

Music, play and art therapy: their music, play and arts programme can be seen in every ward at Bristol Children's Hospital, helping young children to deal with the stresses and fears they may face during treatment.

Art enhancements: they work to make sure Bristol Children's Hospital provides a fun, stimulating and comforting space for the brave children it cares for.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1