IGNORED

EFL Team(s) of the season

Davefevs

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

EFL Teams of the season:

IMG_0278.thumb.png.8cd4f5f21cb533e8d41048448c2e4541.png

Can only really talk to this as I'm not up on L1 and L2.

Can't argue too much with the front 6, although Whittaker has gone off the boil a little in the second half of the season. 

Davis is correct imo, and it's good to see Hermansen get the shout in goal, although I think Rushworth would have an excellent case to make as well. Johansson has had an incredibly tough gig at Rotherham as well, but I guess they can't put the guy who's conceded 85 goals in, even if he's also saved 175 other shots!

I'd probably have Ng for Walker-Peters as well, but I assume they felt they had to have a Southampton player in there?

Greaves ok, but Ampadu as the CB partner is... intriguing and probably where most of us would have a bit of a debate. With a healthy dose of City bias coursing through my veins I argue for Dickie but I think there's probably a bit of contention in those positions?

Edited by ExiledAjax

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Fair play to Bruce Halliday, still getting such plaudits at 63.

Always liked him, Noggers.

Think Coops genius move to switch Keith Curle to defence did for him in BS3, but he was good.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Always liked him, Noggers.

Think Coops genius move to switch Keith Curle to defence did for him in BS3, but he was good.

Needed someone swift to "cover" Forbes, or Mark Hughes, or whoever was the solid but slow and cumbersome No.5 that everyone other than Liverpool seemed to have back then. He was Kyle Walker before Kyle Walker was born

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Needed someone swift to "cover" Forbes, or Mark Hughes, or whoever was the solid but slow and cumbersome No.5 that everyone other than Liverpool seemed to have back then. He was Kyle Walker before Kyle Walker was born

It was Phillipson-Masters, who as you say was a poor man’s Shaun Taylor.

• Admin
On 15/04/2024 at 09:34, Davefevs said:

EFL Teams of the season:

IMG_0278.thumb.png.8cd4f5f21cb533e8d41048448c2e4541.png

IMG_0279.thumb.png.49e0d3ba77710974c5a2f9850f2f0564.png

IMG_0280.thumb.png.8dea72616c73eeacfa413946a10378a8.png

An ex-City player in each one!

I don't know a great deal about L2 but I found it surprising that only 1 player from the champions features in their team.