IGNORED

Best Championship Ground

Nuno Gomes

1 minute ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Loftus Road!!!!  Who makes this up?  Marginally better that Kenilworth Road and full of prawn sandwich eaters.

https://www.888sport.com/blog/football/championship/ranking-best-stadiums-in-the-championship

Written by a QPR 

Wouldn't even be the best ground in League Two 

52 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Loftus Road!!!!  Who makes this up?  Marginally better that Kenilworth Road and full of prawn sandwich eaters.

https://www.888sport.com/blog/football/championship/ranking-best-stadiums-in-the-championship

Clearly a QPR supporter so probably prefers dilapidated, out of date grounds rather than modern stadia with good views of all the playing area and plenty of legroom in the seats.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Also pretty confused by the King Power stadium making the list. I've only been once but from memory it was one of the dullest generic bowls going.

Basically a blue version of Southampton’s?

He likes the Vic as they got promoted there .

And basically had free rein to site where they liked !

Edited by Markthehorn

I think you can’t beat Rotherham’s New York Stadium. It’s small so has a good atmosphere and shows what a small ish club can do if the money is spent wisely 

• Like 1

It definitely wouldn't be Loftus Road. I am really surprised that the SAG haven't reduced their capacity still further when you have such crippling restricted leg room, can't see the touchline in the upper tier, have seats behind pillars and a really narrow concourse. There are so many restrictions it would take an enormous effort just to get out in an emergency. A 5hit hole.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Swede said:

It definitely wouldn't be Loftus Road. I am really surprised that the SAG haven't reduced their capacity still further when you have such crippling restricted leg room, can't see the touchline in the upper tier, have seats behind pillars and a really narrow concourse. There are so many restrictions it would take an enormous effort just to get out in an emergency. A 5hit hole.

Wouldn't get a safety certificate if built today. Must have some mates on the council to get it approved in the first  place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Lower tier at Loftus Road is great.

I am clearly in the minority, but I really liked my trip to Loftus Road. The atmosphere was good even though we lost and I liked how close it felt to the pitch. Much better than the King Power Stadium. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebounder said:

I am clearly in the minority, but I really liked my trip to Loftus Road. The atmosphere was good even though we lost and I liked how close it felt to the pitch. Much better than the King Power Stadium. 

Ditto. You feel right on top of the action. Sunderland the other week is an impressive ground but you feel so divorced from the game up there in the clouds.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nuno Gomes said:

yeah, but 'atmosphere', 'old-fashioned charm', 'not a soulless bowl'

I mean, who needs legroom, sightlines, facilities, accessibility, comfort, value, sense of safety?