IGNORED

Tonight’s matches…o, is that a second yellow…

cityexile

Not seen this before.

Ref books Villa goalie in middle of penalty shoot out for dicking about. Then seems to realise it’s a second yellow and it is reversed! Not even sure what happens if it had been red.

edit: every day is a learning day. Looks like it was a second yellow, but yellow cards reset before the shoot out. Who knew. If a goalie does get a red here, then an outfield player on the pitch has to go in goal.

Edited by cityexile

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, phantom said:

No, you've got it wrong 

He did show him the yellow 

Confirmed yellow during a game is separate to in the shoot out

Yep, just seen that! Something new I learned!

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, DolmanGaz said:

I bet Villa's keeper didn't know the rule. Great pen keeper but what an absolute clown. Could have cost them everything!!

Ref did in fairness. Watching it, a Villa player charges at him thinking he has sent him off. The ref waves that it is not a sending off and keeps indicating it’s a first yellow card, which is why I first thought he had revoked it. Keeper looked like he thought he was going as well.

Well played the ref I guess, given it must be used very rarely.

The logic is this it seems…

“Kicks from the penalty mark are taken after the match has ended”. Laws.

Therefore, according to the rules, the player cannot be sent off because he has not received more than one yellow card during the same match, as the match in which they got the first booking has finished.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1

What about the **** refereeing the West Ham game?

Giving out cards like confetti!!!

Obviously has no idea about talking to players, just instantly gets a card out and hand vertically in the air.

Total knob!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DolmanGaz said:

I bet Villa's keeper didn't know the rule. Great pen keeper but what an absolute clown. Could have cost them everything!!

Didn't he win Argentina the world cup with the same sort of antics ?

• Thanks 1

• Admin
23 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

He was playing up all night apparently.

Someone will thump him soon.

He's the same every game 

One of those if he plays for you it's hilarious, but if he's your opponent he drives you mad 

13 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Didn't he win Argentina the world cup with the same sort of antics ?

He certainly did and it's the reason the Lille supporters gave him lots of stick after winding the French support up in the World Cup 

One thing not mentioned in this thread, he got booked in both games so will miss the first leg of the semi final 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Just as a postscript, appears he is banned from the next round first leg anyway.

He got three yellows in the two matches (and pen shoot out) in the last round. No red, but totting up still counts, and three yellows = miss one match.

edit: just seen above post which beat me to it!

Edited by cityexile

On 18/04/2024 at 20:54, cityexile said:

Ref did in fairness. Watching it, a Villa player charges at him thinking he has sent him off. The ref waves that it is not a sending off and keeps indicating it’s a first yellow card, which is why I first thought he had revoked it. Keeper looked like he thought he was going as well.

Well played the ref I guess, given it must be used very rarely.

The logic is this it seems…

“Kicks from the penalty mark are taken after the match has ended”. Laws.

Therefore, according to the rules, the player cannot be sent off because he has not received more than one yellow card during the same match, as the match in which they got the first booking has finished.

I’m sure there is no time limit in a penalty shootout for one spot kick to be taken,a forward movement means you are active but if you were to put the ball down on the spot and stand for 2O seconds and then step back a few yards and wait another 3O seconds before making a forward movement then you would be fine and the keeper would be absolutely knackered