IGNORED

Blackburn v Wednesday 12:30

Davefevs

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Could it happen at last ? As it stands......

Screenshot2024-04-21at14_21_21.png.9b30c7511aff4c332d7d116051acd2e7.png

Wed started awfully, but clawed their way out and have seemed a result away from getting out the bottom three for a while now. Been a lower/ mid table side for most of the season, start not withstanding. If they stay up, fancy they will be ok next season. Birmingham just looking up from the bottom of the bowl for ages now, will they finally be flushed?, 

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Think Huddersfield need to beat Brum next week or they're gone.

If they lose and Wed get a point they are relegated. Looks like it might need the fabled 50 points. Would rather see them win mind…

Edited by cityexile

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Weds out of bottom three for first time since the first week of the season?

"They're going down, they're going down. Brum are going down."

they deserve it after their first manager change this season, monumentally backfired on them, 

12 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

If QPR and Sheffield Wednesday stay up and Birmingham go down then we can conclude that changing manager sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Blackburn aren’t safe with games against Leicester & Cov’

5 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

I think Blackburn stay up. I don't see 3 teams getting to 49 and with better GD. Birmingham playing Huddersfield gives the teams already clear a big advantage.

So even if Blackburn don't get a single point more, I think they'll be just about ok.

Edited by ExiledAjax

12 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Based on their recent form, they’ll probably win both! 🤣🤣🤣

They beat Sunderland and Leeds, drew with Southampton and lost to us and Wednesday.

Bonkers!

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think Blackburn stay up. I don't see 3 teams getting to 49 and with better GD. Birmingham playing Huddersfield gives the teams already clear a big advantage.

Possibly right but if Brum beat Hudd’ Plymouth get 1 point and Weds’ get one victory they” ll go above Blackburn !!!!
Plymouth to be relegated is 8/1 with the bookies, I might have a bit of that, they could drop into the bottom three next weekend

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

They beat Sunderland and Leeds, drew with Southampton and lost to us and Wednesday.

Bonkers!

It has been a “bonkers” season 

2 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Possibly right but if Brum beat Hudd’ Plymouth get 1 point and Weds’ get one victory they” ll go above Blackburn !!!!
Plymouth to be relegated is 8/1 with the bookies, I might have a bit of that, they could drop into the bottom three next weekend

Plymouth`s last two aren`t easy - Millwall away who have hit a bit of form and it`s never easy at The Den and Hull at home which largely depends which Hull turn up. Their season will be over by then and it`ll be a guaranteed sellout at Home Park if Argyle do need something. That said, I think two points will do it for them.

5 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Use your money how you like. But that's a pretty specific set of results you need to get Blackburn into trouble. I reckon it's most likely to be two of Huddersfield, Birmingham and Sheff Weds.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bonkers!

It's a great League , I hope it never changes....

Apart from next year with our record breaking League winning run :thumbsup:

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Haha 1

The Huddersfield Vs Birmingham game means not both can over take many teams. That game is massive as I don't see a lot of points going to those 5 who are fighting to go down. In fact , the only points that are likely to go to any of them is that game.
I can see a draw at Huddersfield keeping a spawny Brum up again

Screenshot2024-04-21at15_43_36.png.3f4c8bfcf6daedc018ef355192513a49.png

Screenshot2024-04-21at15_41_51.png.8d0f7f0e7d18d7c8d93c7fbb91e9543a.png

Screenshot2024-04-21at15_39_04.png.1c7c8be488c65115ad94e39ecc3e14a2.png

Screenshot2024-04-21at15_40_57.png.44028186b47ce42f8701e0755902847e.png

Screenshot2024-04-21at15_39_32.png.c31c54c47edd1dec3999a0d58896dac2.png

Rotherham - Done

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

All that celebrating at Plymouth when they beat Leicester and they are still right in the thick of it!

Celebrating staying up when you can still mathematically go down.  Who would do such a foolish thing?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Malago said:

Celebrating staying up when you can still mathematically go down.  Who would do such a foolish thing?

I thoroughly enjoyed that afternoon. Who cares how we were getting on at Crawley. 😂 

Mansfield even had their shirts on!

I still think we should sign Colin Daniel!

38 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The Huddersfield Vs Birmingham game means not both can over take many teams. That game is massive as I don't see a lot of points going to those 5 who are fighting to go down. In fact , the only points that are likely to go to any of them is that game.
I can see a draw at Huddersfield keeping a spawny Brum up again

Screenshot2024-04-21at15_43_36.png.3f4c8bfcf6daedc018ef355192513a49.png

Screenshot2024-04-21at15_41_51.png.8d0f7f0e7d18d7c8d93c7fbb91e9543a.png

Screenshot2024-04-21at15_39_04.png.1c7c8be488c65115ad94e39ecc3e14a2.png

Screenshot2024-04-21at15_40_57.png.44028186b47ce42f8701e0755902847e.png

Screenshot2024-04-21at15_39_32.png.c31c54c47edd1dec3999a0d58896dac2.png

Rotherham - Done

Interesting.

I see Plymouth having a chance of a point or even 3 in both their games. Edit. Hmmmm. Actually do I? They were limp as against us and it's the win v Leicester keeping them safe atm. Maybe no.

Wednesday I think are capable of getting something at Sunderland, but although WBA are in the playoffs with little threat of finishing outside of them, I think WBA come out on top there.

Birmingham's last game will likely have nothing on it for Norwich, and they may even rest up ahead of the playoffs.

Huddersfield have a horrid last two games. Fail to beat Birmingham and I think their in big trouble.

So I think I'd cautiously predict Plymouth +1, Wednesday +1, Birmingham +4 (beating Huddersfield), and Huddersfield +0.

So... Birmingham 50, Plymouth 49, and they survive. Relegation for Sheff Wed on 48, and Huddersfield on 46.

But the massive variable is, as you say, that game between Huddersfield and Birmingham. If that goes the other way then the way I have it Huddersfield stay up on 49 and Birmingham go down on 47.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Malago said:

I was speaking to a couple of Argyle mates earlier who went to Stoke and they were so pissed off at the team`s attitude yesterday. They basically laid down and let Stoke do what they wanted, no fight at all.