IGNORED

Sign On Henderson

red as fcuk

He isn't going to Swindon or anyone. Gillingham have absolutely no desire to let him go as he is their best striker by a long way, the only reason he is out on loan is that he has just returned from a carrear threatening Knee injury which kept him out for most of if not all of last season. He's an England under 21 international and a quality player, far, far too good for this poxy division.

Guest STFCDude

King hopes the deal will eventually become permanent, leaving three proven strikers to battle it out for two places, a scenario the manager felt was extremely important in contributing to last year's near miss.

He said: "I've brought in Darius on a month's loan with a view to signing him on a permanent deal I hope.

"He's a young lad I liked a lot when he was at Reading.

"I tried to get him on a few occasions a couple of years ago before he moved on to Brighton and then Gillingham.

"Gillingham have five strikers and were prepared to let him out with a view to us taking him full-time.

"If he comes here and plays to the standard he's capable of then the board have to make a decision.

"But we're not talking about finances outside the structure of the club.

"The one worry I have is without doing a deal upfront is if he comes and performs wonderfully well they might change the figures. But that's for another day.

"Darius has a wonderful build, he's left-footed, good and controlled in the air and is strong and powerful, more of a target man than a runner."

Sounds as though we have an option of signing him to me....

King hopes the deal will eventually become permanent, leaving three proven strikers to battle it out for two places, a scenario the manager felt was extremely important in contributing to last year's near miss.

He said: "I've brought in Darius on a month's loan with a view to signing him on a permanent deal I hope.

"He's a young lad I liked a lot when he was at Reading.

"I tried to get him on a few occasions a couple of years ago before he moved on to Brighton and then Gillingham.

"Gillingham have five strikers and were prepared to let him out with a view to us taking him full-time.

"If he comes here and plays to the standard he's capable of then the board have to make a decision.

"But we're not talking about finances outside the structure of the club.

"The one worry I have is without doing a deal upfront is if he comes and performs wonderfully well they might change the figures. But that's for another day.

"Darius has a wonderful build, he's left-footed, good and controlled in the air and is strong and powerful, more of a target man than a runner."

Sounds as though we have an option of signing him to me....

Fukin hell. If you get him then you have one hell of a player on your hands, but Gillihoof would be mad to let him go as he is their best striker. I was led to believe by everything i have read that they were only letting him go to you because they wanted him to have a bit of first team football to recover match fitness.

Guest STFCDude
Fukin hell. If you get him then you have one hell of a player on your hands, but Gillihoof would be mad to let him go as he is their best striker.  I was led to believe by everything i have read that they were only letting him go to you because they wanted him to have a bit of first team football to recover match fitness.

I must be honest, I didn't know much about him until he joined us on loan, but I thought today he played very very well. I hope we get him permanently!!

By the way, what's your general feelings on Bradley Orr? We were going to sign him until our baord said no, so he joined you guys. Is he any good?? Thought today he played ok.

Think Orr will be quality for us, but has already divided half the ficklers on here :grr:

I've been impressed so far. Whether its possible for those Tommy and Orr to work in Midfield together remains to be seen, Orr seems to be the more adventurous player whereas Tommy will get stuck in, but as shown today severely lacks pace so we can be vulnerable on a quick counter :grr:

Archived