IGNORED

Amsterdam

StapleHillPhil

Using Big Red Rich's thread about Malta as my inspiration can I ask my fellow forum members about Amsterdam as I'm going for a few days in the New Year.

I'm going with the other half and would be grateful for any advice on where to go for a night out. Are there any bars or restaurants that I should keep an eye out for? Anywhere that should be avoided like the plague?

Thanks.

hi KNR.

i have been to Holland about 5 times.i went to Amsterdam once.it's a really nice place and the people are great.I'm sure your aware about alot of the sex shops and drug shops over there,but the prostitues hang around in certain places.you go to them,they don't approach you which is good so you dont get hassled.there are loads of really nice bars and resturants.i went ages ago so i wouldn't be able to tell you much about which ones to go to.Amsterdam is huge so i could tell you one bar and it be the other side of the city!

they have some nice gift shops and souveniers etc if your looking to buy things for someone.the nightlife is good around some parts of Amsterdam.

they have these great doughnut (sp!?) things around this time of the year.they have them for the new year.they are called 'oliyballs' (sp again!?) and they are out of this world!

Sorry if this wasn't much help,ages since i went :)

Cheers

Rick

Archived