IGNORED

Tonight's games

Super

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

I watch them and yes they do score some great goals but they seem to have a lot of luck going for them, everything seems to be going for them, for instance, I thought they were lucky the night they played us at home. I think they are a workmanlike team that plays well for each other.

McKenna has won 74 of his 130 games in charge at Ipswich, losing only 20.

I know he's Irish, but i think there's a lot more to it than luck. 

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

How haven't teams got wise to this? Surely it can't be so hard to mark the guy on the edge

It's very very very difficult. Because that player always has an advantage to go where you can't see.

If you get drawn towards goal, Easy pull back 

If you stay out, well that's a whole 6 yard box for absolutely any runner.

The hard part is Getting into the correct cut back positioned, Ipswich have mastered it, because they have other weapons too so you can't literally just stop that. And that's their beauty; convincing you they are intending to do something else Just long enough to create that space. If you don't bite, well they'll beat you another way.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Could you for instance see this side doing as well under another manager then?

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Dare I say there’s a bit of “intent”. I agree that they’re (personnel) wise a mid table squad but they go for it. Minute one to minute ninety. Take against us - that could quite easily be a “take a point” but they just kept coming. 

It’s less likely to work in the prem, but they’re an excellently drilled side who try to win every game from first to last minute. I don’t think sides - at this level - at this time - have quite been able to grasp that as yet

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Dare I say there’s a bit of “intent”. I agree that they’re (personnel) wise a mid table squad but they go for it. Minute one to minute ninety. Take against us - that could quite easily be a “take a point” but they just kept coming. 

It’s less likely to work in the prem, but they’re an excellently drilled side who try to win every game from first to last minute. I don’t think sides - at this level - at this time - have quite been able to grasp that as yet

I have no idea how they will recruit this summer but my gut feeling is like most promoted sides they will be in for a long hard season.

Ipswich have certain things in certain areas. 
Pace on the flanks. Presence up front. Trickery and guile in attacking areas. Composure. A mix of youth and experience. 
But most of all, they have a huge desire and intensity. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

I have no idea how they will recruit this summer but my gut feeling is like most promoted sides they will be in for a long hard season.

They will be there though.   That’s all that matters. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

For what they're working with, they are absolutely sublime. Great football and some of the goals they score are majestic.

That squad at another club and under a different manager you could see finishing about 14th.

McKenna has worked wonders.

21 minutes ago, pillred said:

I watch them and yes they do score some great goals but they seem to have a lot of luck going for them, everything seems to be going for them, for instance, I thought they were lucky the night they played us at home. I think they are a workmanlike team that plays well for each other.

Man for man, a squad with a number of 30 plus outfield players, man for man not that amazing, unless they have gambled big financially.

Live in hope that Huddersfield a desperate Huddersfield can pull a win and then it's up to Leeds.

Still hope they find a way to blow it at the last.

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ipswich have certain things in certain areas. 
Pace on the flanks. Presence up front. Trickery and guile in attacking areas. Composure. A mix of youth and experience. 
But most of all, they have a huge desire and intensity. 

They also have had some incredible availability of key players, rather defies logic.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Man for man, a squad with a number of 30 plus outfield players, man for man not that amazing, unless they have gambled big financially.

Live in hope that Huddersfield a desperate Huddersfield can pull a win and then it's up to Leeds.

Still hope they find a way to blow it at the last.

Huddersfield have nothing to play for would be a massive shock.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They also have had some incredible availability of key players, rather defies logic.

Must be doing something right then unlike some other clubs.