IGNORED

Stoke City away match thread

Just now, Peter1450 said:

Even the Stoke commentators saying Manning not done his homework regards the way we set up? 
      If they can recognise this so quickly why can’t our coaching staff?

Fairly easy to see early on our set up was wrong. Difficult to read too much in to today, but disappointing all the same.

Just now, Graham76 said:

Stoke TV commentators criticising Mannings tactics today. Suggesting he the way we set up was naive. 

Definitely hasn't got it right. Also a lot of lazy performances. 

Our attacking options really worry me.

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't think it's a lack of trying, people just think we're this team who are better than they are. We're better than this game but I feel like next season will be an eye opener for many. 

I’m under no illusion that next season is very likely to be another where we have to work hard to stay up, but to concede in the manner we have in this game, after a reasonable run, does certainly feel like it’s a case of thinking of the holiday flights and not the game.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Hull have no chance now though with WBA 3 up and would have to have brum thump Norwich by several goals. I bet the fans there are muted. 

Imagine how nervy it will be for Plymouth though 

• Like 1
Just now, Maesknoll Red said:

I’m under no illusion that next season is very likely to be another where we have to work hard to stay up, but to concede in the manner we have in this game, after a reasonable run, does certainly feel like it’s a case of thinking of the holiday flights and not the game.

I'm looking forward to not renewing in a year's time 

Disappointing but no point losing your shit and crying over it. A wake up call to one or two convinced Liam had cracked it and maybe a hierarchy thinking one or two coming into the building will suffice. Starts with a clean slate next season. This result might do us a favour in the long run.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, mozo said:

You don't think the players take any responsibility for playing rubbish?

Definitely not all down to the manager. But if you take some credit for a 5-0 win then you have to accept some responsibility at 0-4. 

Ultimately, the buck stops with the manager. That’s how it’s always been. 

• Like 3

I'm usually a Manning optimist but on the back of this performance, it would be refreshing for him to come out and take some of the responsibility. 

It's not all on the players and he's got his tactics wrong today. 

Don't think he will though.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, mozo said:

Definitely hasn't got it right. Also a lot of lazy performances. 

Our attacking options really worry me.

Tactics wrong yes, but our passing and finishing has been woeful. We've created a few very good chances that we haven't finished and defensively wide open. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mozo said:

You don't think the players take any responsibility for playing rubbish?

Of course, but LM is the manager. Last match of the season he should have taken off 4 and replace with 4 of the younger players. Not after we let in the 4th. Its all under his control.