IGNORED

Stoke City away match thread

6 hours ago, BigTone said:

I would just like to say thanks to @Jerseybean for his efforts with all of the Match Day threads.  I know this season has not been all we had hoped for but everyone enjoy the closed season and hopefully some much needed sunshine.

Happy hols all.

Thank you BT 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dan Robin said:

Shame to end our league campaign with a thrashing, but I'm quite satisfied with our season and the finishing place: this City side is not playoff material yet, and if you add a managerial change and the usual injury problems, I don't think we could have asked for much more..

Another positive: our penalty ratio has increased, not something many of us would have predicted! 🙃

We are not play off or promotion material and will never be with the current ownership and Mr Tinnion in charge of recruitment and team management.

We are, however, more likely to follow BCFC ( Midlands) in a downward direction if we perform like we did today at Stoke. That was utterly pathetic as our last game of this season.

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No game is meaningless.  You think LM thought it was meaningless?

Thats not to say go overboard in our reactions, but nor can you pick and choose either.  Mike’s critique is fine, and he raises a number of options of things that could’ve been differently.

I have followed the thread on and off since this morning, but don’t recall seeing any critique from´Mike’.

I assume he uses a pseudonym on here, but am wondering to which post you were referring.

I would assume it was @1960maaanand, if so, I tend to agree with his overall points.

8 hours ago, Corsham Ed said:

Despite the result today, it has been a good day, Birmingham relegated and we finish above Cardiff 👍

But below bloody Preston yet again!

Am I right in thinking the last time we finished above them was the L1 promotion season?

47 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Am I right in thinking the last time we finished above them was the L1 promotion season?

Have you seen their last 6 results? their fans must be even more disappointed than ours surely.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have followed the thread on and off since this morning, but don’t recall seeing any critique from´Mike’.

I assume he uses a pseudonym on here, but am wondering to which post you were referring.

I would assume it was @1960maaanand, if so, I tend to agree with his overall points.

Mike is @1960maaan. Thought “everyone” knew that.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, RedM said:

If they were going to an end of season team meal/party they would have used the team coach I would have thought, and left their luggage on it. They usually have food on the coach after the game and someone on board to prepare it for them, she wasn't needed today as so few players were expected to travel back.

Well there’s lesson one then. After that shit show today it was obvious some platets were already on the beach. So next year the players need to come back to Bristol whatever. It might just focus their minds on the job in hand  

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Actually, I didn’t, but then, I am far away and out of touch.

Please don’t tell me he is a former player.

1, 2. 3 Gibbo 😉.

Old, but not quite that old 😳

He was the keeper when I first went down mind.

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1
7 hours ago, Cardy said:

Well there’s lesson one then. After that shit show today it was obvious some platets were already on the beach. So next year the players need to come back to Bristol whatever. It might just focus their minds on the job in hand  

I don't know for certain that they didn't, I wasn't told, only about them not having catering on the way back as not many were returning. But what I witnessed yesterday and in the past they were going their separate ways. Whether it's for days or weeks I don't know. They could well be meeting up soon for a debrief, last game of the season or not things need addressing

• Like 2

Could be out here but surely a return to Bristol as a team, a final day in the Monday or Sunday if they prefer.

End of Season debrief, fitness and diet, nutrition etc plans is the way to go

Plus obviously parameters laid for ongoing negotiations such as James, Williams, Conway contractually.

All leaving post the last game and going their separate ways seems a bit incomplete to me.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

quite predictable as quoted in the football Press ' there are 24 clubs in the Championship, 11 fighting relegation, 11 seeking promotion and there are Preston and Bristol City '

On 04/05/2024 at 14:57, Numero Uno said:

It was shit, that’s my judgement. Won’t be ruining my weekend. Next time we play it won’t be that eleven starting, or it better not be, and that’s when we really start to judge, no hiding places or excuses then. His players, his tactics, his shape, his style etc. Pre-season, new signings and we can finally see what LM brings to the party. If it’s not much he’s gone by October, if it’s something most people will be happy.

Would not be surprised if he gets the chop at the start of the international break....in some ways I hope that's not the case!