IGNORED

Stoke City away match thread

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Yes and I hope we are. 

But a manager saying nice things about another manager.
Rotherham , just got a lesson , so could be saving face by saying we were good.
Norwich , saying nice things and bigging us up as they were expected to win.
Because , hope this doesn't shock people on here, Managers sometimes have agendas .
Then again, they may just be being nice . What do you think the Stoke manager will be saying about our chances ?

I'm judging this game, this game as a possible theme and the season. 

Do you think that Manning started his team talk with " This is a meaningless game lads" ? 
Then Half time;
" yeah we are getting our arses slapped, but it means nothing"?

It wasn't just a bad performance, it was clueless and lacking any organisation . ***
If I wasn't being rational I would have said something like.

That was a ******* shit show Manning is a *** and deserves the ******* sack the ******* ******.

But I didn't, I said , for me the Jury is out , having questioned his decisions. 

*** and I know that a large part of today is down to the players too 

Don't care mate this result means nothing and needs no analysing I saw enough more than enough in the games against Leicester and Norwich to know this guy could be successful and have  city challenging at the top of this division. And opposition managers have no obligation to praise another opponent the fact is City played very well against Norwich and their manager was acknowledging that  fact and had noted previous performances not least Leicester.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3
  • Facepalm 2
2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I would just like to say thanks to @Jerseybean for his efforts with all of the Match Day threads.  I know this season has not been all we had hoped for but everyone enjoy the closed season and hopefully some much needed sunshine.

Happy hols all.

Condensed version: Ta JB

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Don't care mate this result means nothing and needs no analysing I saw enough more than enough in the games against Leicester and Norwich to know this guy could be successful and have  city challenging at the top of this division. And opposition managers have no obligation to praise another opponent the fact is City played very well against Norwich and their manager was acknowledging that  fact and had noted previous performances not least Leicester.

If this result means nothing then why does Leicester and Norwich mean something? 

What about all the games we struggled? 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

We can all cherry pick games. I'll pick Huddersfield and Stoke. There you go, we're going down next season.

Anyway you forgot Southampton! 😉

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

I guess you think Erik Ten Hag will be a success at United because he beat Liverpool twice.

Always a worry for me when sides only raise their game against supposedly better opposition, but can't repeat it against lesser teams.

Edited by Sir Geoff
Mis spelling
  • Like 7
13 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

I could pick games , Cardiff , Sheff W and QPR . Which of those made you think we can challenge next year. We didn't dominate Leicester either , if Vardy was even only slightly on it ,  he scores at least one . 

Fair play if you can ignore each poor performance and result , not sure why you would though. 

• Like 1

Shame to end our league campaign with a thrashing, but I'm quite satisfied with our season and the finishing place: this City side is not playoff material yet, and if you add a managerial change and the usual injury problems, I don't think we could have asked for much more..

Another positive: our penalty ratio has increased, not something many of us would have predicted! 🙃

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

For the avoidance of doubt if for example next season 68 points secures 6th place and we get 62 points, I'd consider that progression. 

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

Enjoy your bank holiday.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I saw them get off the coach when they arrived, several of them had more than their usual overnight bags. Very few were apparently getting the team coach back to Bristol so I'm told, so guessing they are straight off to the airport with friends and families.

Is that the norm, just out of interest.

Should IMO minimum be a post season debrief on the Monday following and then Holidays, fitness plans and Schedules etc although I assume that would already be in play.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Should IMO minimum be a post season debrief on the Monday following and then Holidays, fitness plans and Schedules etc although I assume that would already be in play.

Yeah, it’s normal to do body fat, fitnesses schedules, even contract discussions. Unless we are ahead of the curve and did that last week and Liam has decided in terms of debrief he’s seen enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got back. Rare away day for me. That was piss poor to say the least. Got bullied from the start. It’s always been a worry of mine under manning of how easy it is to play through us . Stoke did it time & again with a single pass , opening us up. Again alarm bells ring about how he can change tactics mid game . We were wide open . Nobody played well but imo mcrorie is not up to the level . Players running off him all game . I could go on but I won’t . Time to open the red & confine that game to nothing but a blur . 

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've seen it happen a few times before yes. QPR away one season we had made our own way to London and not used the CATS coaches, so hung about a little after waiting for the crowds to go. The players all had their own luggage and were getting Ubers etc and heading to airports straight after the match. I was surprised there was no end of season debrief etc.

I guess they holiday then return to collect their summer instructions before they holiday again and then return for pre season?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Just got back. Rare away day for me. That was piss poor to say the least. Got bullied from the start. It’s always been a worry of mine under manning of how easy it is to play through us . Stoke did it time & again with a single pass , opening us up. Again alarm bells ring about how he can change tactics mid game . We were wide open . Nobody played well but imo mcrorie is not up to the level . Players running off him all game . I could go on but I won’t . Time to open the red & confine that game to nothing but a blur . 

Probably one of the worst away performances I've seen this season. Even when we have lost we've been in the game and made a bit of a fight of it, not today.

It's hard to believe Stoke have been around the relegation zone until recently. They played with confidence and drive that we lacked, cutting through our static players again and again.

None of our players shone. Good job them all having such a collective 'off day' didn't matter as such. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, RedM said:

I've seen it happen a few times before yes. QPR away one season we had made our own way to London and not used the CATS coaches, so hung about a little after waiting for the crowds to go. The players all had their own luggage and were getting Ubers etc and heading to airports straight after the match. I was surprised there was no end of season debrief etc.

I guess they holiday then return to collect their summer instructions before they holiday again and then return for pre season?

Heading for airports, or possibly heading for hotel to get ready for end of season “party” night out.  I too would be surprised if they were straight off tonight to Dubai, Vegas, wherever, but you probably know a bit more than me.

27 minutes ago, RedM said:

Probably one of the worst away performances I've seen this season. Even when we have lost we've been in the game and made a bit of a fight of it, not today.

It's hard to believe Stoke have been around the relegation zone until recently. They played with confidence and drive that we lacked, cutting through our static players again and again.

None of our players shone. Good job them all having such a collective 'off day' didn't matter as such. 

Our joint biggest loss iirc since 6-2 at Fulham in Janaury 2022? Correct me if wrong.

Obviously we lost 3-0 at the other BCFC last year and Man City won 3-0 at AG last year but weighted towards the opposition today was terrible.

• Sad 1

That today was bloody atrocious. The only positives came in the stands. Fans had to make their own entertainment considering what the players gave us. It could easily have been 10 and was one of those where we could consider ourselves lucky to get the nil. 

Yes, we've had a good run of results and a couple of good performances in with that, but let's not pretend that we've had an entertaining end to the season. I've seen nothing in this run that makes me think I've misjudged that a better season next year is anything other than a pipe dream. My best hope is that someone comes in for Manning and he ups sticks in a similar way that Tiny Penis did.

• Like 2
Just now, Wrongagain said:

2000+ travelling city fans were disrespected by the team and management today - big changes needed for next season - starting with the coaching staff and a strict ethos of do your best or you don’t play attitude toward the players!

Same with Cardiff, Preston, sunderland - nothing to play for and it showed.

• Facepalm 2
Just now, Kingston_Red said:

Same with Cardiff, Preston, sunderland - nothing to play for and it showed.

Don’t remind me of Cardiff - we have to be the first championship team that fielded a green defender who waited to be told what to do when Cardiff attacked, utterly clueless

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Heading for airports, or possibly heading for hotel to get ready for end of season “party” night out.  I too would be surprised if they were straight off tonight to Dubai, Vegas, wherever, but you probably know a bit more than me.

If they were going to an end of season team meal/party they would have used the team coach I would have thought, and left their luggage on it. They usually have food on the coach after the game and someone on board to prepare it for them, she wasn't needed today as so few players were expected to travel back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Our joint biggest loss iirc since 6-2 at Fulham in Janaury 2022? Correct me if wrong.

Obviously we lost 3-0 at the other BCFC last year and Man City won 3-0 at AG last year but weighted towards the opposition today was terrible.

We said today that Stoke would score their 5th before we scored our 1st (non offside). And that wasn't far off becoming true.

• Thanks 1