IGNORED

Sir Geoff Hurst at Ashton gate

Had the privilege and pleasure of meeting Sir Geoff at walking footy, and then at Ashton Gate, what a gent, took time to talk and sign for everyone, so interesting to listen to, still looking good at 82!

Thanks to all those who organised,  and special thanks to Sir Geoff, my boyhood hero, and a day i will never forget.received_353606097242139.thumb.jpeg.560948fa099eb3beec5bb90f44b1cdd9.jpeg

IMG_20240430_175438_239.jpg

20240430_162225.jpg

Edited by Big Cheese
Add photos
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Big Cheese said:

Had the privilege and pleasure of meeting Sir Geoff at walking footy, and then at Ashton Gate, what a gent, took time to talk and sign for everyone, so interesting to listen to, still looking good at 82!

Thanks to all those who organised,  and special thanks to Sir Geoff, my boyhood hero, and a day i will never forget.received_353606097242139.thumb.jpeg.560948fa099eb3beec5bb90f44b1cdd9.jpeg

IMG_20240430_175438_239.jpg

20240430_162225.jpg

Those Typhoo Football Cards take me back a bit!!!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

This game is the only time I think Sir Geoff played against us, and he scored a cracker!

Apparently he played against us in 1969and scored in a 3-2 cup win.

1 hour ago, Super said:

He did an Evening at AG a few years back. Top bloke. Am I right in thinking he's the only one of the 1966 team still alive?

That’s correct, sadly.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

This game is the only time I think Sir Geoff played against us, and he scored a cracker!

I think he played against us for West Ham, 3rd of the Cup Jan 1969.  He might have even scored.  I’m sure someone with a better memory will confirm or not.

Edited by Malago

Was this at the imperial  ground and when was it , if it was i wished I had known as I live not far from there and would come down as he was one of my heroes . Still in my memory the world cup 1966 .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjd said:

Was this at the imperial  ground and when was it , if it was i wished I had known as I live not far from there and would come down as he was one of my heroes . Still in my memory the world cup 1966 .

It was, think it was deliberately kept quiet.