IGNORED

Worse loan signing???

28 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Bang on the money mate,shows glimpses but it’s a no 

He’d fit nicely into LJ’s ‘busy bees’. But ive not seen enough to pay that much. 
He’s also not suited to playing left of a 3 where he seems to be playing either. 

10 hours ago, Malago said:

The bloke we loaned from Rangers who did his ACL 5 minutes after coming on for his first appearance.

That doesn't make him a bad loan signing - just an unlucky one. 

• Like 6

McInnes signing Matthew Briggs on loan to come in and take Joe Bryan’s place in the team after his first couple of games really, really annoyed me at the time, he was then utterly dreadful which made it even worse.

Have a look at the careers of those two players since.. yeah we should have continued picking our own young player rather than a crap one that belonged to Fulham.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I can't recall how many ben hamer let in, but im sure it was double figures in a few games, he didn't steady the ship

Won our first game in the Championship (Boro away, clean sheet) with him in goal.

He was ok & has had a decent career.

16 hours ago, Graham76 said:

Mebude vs QPR is as bad as I’ve seen. Typical Bristol City, he will probably go on to be a world beater now 

Obviously, you forget Baz Savage, who had many horrendous games for us, obviously not a loan- and countless others, including Sam Bell early on being anihalated at full back. Mebude has played 44 mins in total this season and the poor sod is being crucified ….I feel sorry for the lad, who looked okay against Southampton.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

19 hours ago, BS13 Robin said:

Tony Dinning has to up there!

I don't think it's even close BS13, Dinning is the worst I can remember in 50 years following City. He was brilliant as a loanee but utter toilet once he signed and that could only be down to attitude. What a crock of mercenary sh1t he was. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

If he was ok, we wouldn't have cut his loan short

Fielding was fit again.

Look at his career, he’s played for Leicester, Huddersfield & Swansea & even this season he’s featured for Watford, he’s not some bloke we fetched out of the pub.

We have had loads of worse loan signings than him, several that season.

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Fielding was fit again.

Look at his career, he’s played for Leicester, Huddersfield & Swansea & even this season he’s featured for Watford, he’s not some bloke we fetched out of the pub.

We have had loads of worse loan signings than him, several that season.

I just looked been third choice at most clubs he's been at. Thats for good reason.

3 minutes ago, The Nest Egg said:

Ryan McGivern. Had to be particularly shite to stand out as a bad defender during that era, yet he managed it and then some

I saw him in (what was) Syndicate (now swx) around that time, with the biggest whad of £20 notes in an elastic band whilst standing at the bar. Couldn’t believe my eyes.

I think him & Ricky Foster are two of the worst ‘professional’ players I’ve ever seen in my life. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, bearded_red said:

McInnes signing Matthew Briggs on loan to come in and take Joe Bryan’s place in the team after his first couple of games really, really annoyed me at the time, he was then utterly dreadful which made it even worse.

Have a look at the careers of those two players since.. yeah we should have continued picking our own young player rather than a crap one that belonged to Fulham.

McInnes was dreadful here. He’s slagged us off a few times since he left. Saying we were a basket case and it wasn’t his fault. The idiot put together the worst defence I’ve ever seen down there. Didn’t use bolaise and played Chris wood out wide 😂

not forget him leaving the hapless Fontaine in the side when the guy was shot to pieces

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

On 05/05/2024 at 21:39, milo1111 said:

McInnes was dreadful here. He’s slagged us off a few times since he left. Saying we were a basket case and it wasn’t his fault. The idiot put together the worst defence I’ve ever seen down there. Didn’t use bolaise and played Chris wood out wide 😂

not forget him leaving the hapless Fontaine in the side when the guy was shot to pieces

Also signed Baldock & Davies when he already had Pitman & Stead.

Bleated in the Scottish press about not being backed but spend all his funds on strikers, signed shit defenders & that waster Jody Morris.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

On 05/05/2024 at 12:21, adamski said:

Obviously, you forget Baz Savage, who had many horrendous games for us, obviously not a loan- and countless others, including Sam Bell early on being anihalated at full back. Mebude has played 44 mins in total this season and the poor sod is being crucified ….I feel sorry for the lad, who looked okay against Southampton.

How dare you take the name of the legendary Bas Savage in vain?!  The man is a legend, nay a god.