IGNORED

Glad to see the back of that season.

Just now, milo1111 said:

Give me strength. A newbie account slagging off nige. Absolutely pathetic bot.

Not a bot - his football was crap and he deflected in press conferences, much happier with Manning. That’s my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 4

30 minutes ago, Kingston_Red said:

Not with Pearson we wouldn’t - terrible football, hopeless.

I thought we’d reverted back to Nige’s game in the last few months and given up on the passing game that LM tried to implement?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I thought we’d reverted back to Nige’s game in the last few months and given up on the passing game that LM tried to implement?

That is some bollocks isn’t it, when did NP play with 2 number 10s? When did NP play 352 without us looking hopeless at the back? When did NP get the best out of Williams, Mehmeti and Roberts? That non goal from Twine today was what we’ve seen under Manning chalk and cheese to the NP era…..which was just dire, he would make an excellent politician though, great at spin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 3

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

7th best Home Record tbh. Albeit a big gap to 6th and above.

I don't think the Home Fortresses at this level for a lot of sides are what they were 15 years ago, let alone longer. When I have time I'll go through Average PPG at the level for Home sides and Win Ratio.

25 pts from 23 League away games, notably 15 from 16 under Manning looks a bigger concern ironically on some levels.

3 wins in those 16 Away games...3 in 7 under NP, despite those under NP including trips to Leeds and Leicester.

Sure, it’s a funny old league now, but I remember the days when losing 8 at homw was considered pretty poor.

I accept you’ve got to judge against current standards and not the past, but  I really can’t get too excited when we’ve lost over 1 in 3 of our home games.

As you’ve alluded to, fortress AG seems a long time ago now. and that’s probably not going to improve until we start really imposing ourselves on the opposition, rather than us worrying about them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kingston_Red said:

Not a bot - his football was crap and he deflected in press conferences, much happier with Manning. That’s my opinion.

And I wonder where you will be come Christmas? Not posting here taking responsibility for that opinion no doubt. The club and the antics of its apologists have become very tedious. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 6

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

he had no choice,it was that or get sacked, in normal circumstances.

but then we know,our board dont do normal.

next season he will revert back to that shite,its what he believes in

• Like 3

Just now, Capman said:

And I wonder where you will be come Christmas? Not posting here taking responsibility for that opinion no doubt. The club and the antics of its apologists have become very tedious. 

Wow so miserable, it must be hard when you are so negative to the club you “support”. Thankfully I’m a glass half full, try it sometime, you will be happier for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

Sure, it’s a funny old league now, but I remember the days when losing 8 at homw was considered pretty poor.

I accept you’ve got to judge against current standards and not the past, but  I really can’t get too excited when we’ve lost over 1 in 3 of our home games.

As you’ve alluded to, fortress AG seems a long time ago now. and that’s probably not going to improve until we start really imposing ourselves on the opposition, rather than us worrying about them.

Feel free, all 24 Home records and multiple seasons back there.

https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england2

Think Home Advantage generally has frayed, or at this level anyway. It is a strange League, less vigorous home support due to changes in demographic of fans, regulations is one factor. More tactical gameplans, it is difficult to pinpoint a sole factor. Counterattacking gameplay another factor.

Divisional average of Home Wins 45% is rather low as a whole IMO! Lower than I thought it might be.

1 minute ago, Bris Red said:

**** off

3 minutes ago, Capman said:

dont bite fellas,its what hes after

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Kingston_Red said:

Wow so miserable, it must be hard when you are so negative to the club you “support”. Thankfully I’m a glass half full, try it sometime, you will be happier for it.

It's quite easy when you aren't employed by them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A boring team having a boring season playing boring football, obviously a decent run before today to end the season, but it’s all so thoroughly boring.

I gave in and renewed the season ticket so I hope I feel different in August, but to be honest I doubt it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kingston_Red said:

Sir Nige continues to be the most over rated manager in our recent history - whose main achievement was conning the fan base into thinking he had the impossible job. Thankfully he has gone, and we actually have someone who has the potential to improve our players and take us forward. 

W ⚓️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

47 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

A boring team having a boring season playing boring football, obviously a decent run before today to end the season, but it’s all so thoroughly boring.

I gave in and renewed the season ticket so I hope I feel different in August, but to be honest I doubt it.

You’ve done better than me. I just can’t renew under such boring circumstances. It’s all been far too meh since NYD. 

Back to playing locally next season on Saturday afternoons.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Feel free, all 24 Home records and multiple seasons back there.

https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england2

Think Home Advantage generally has frayed, or at this level anyway. It is a strange League, less vigorous home support due to changes in demographic of fans, regulations is one factor. More tactical gameplans, it is difficult to pinpoint a sole factor. Counterattacking gameplay another factor.

Divisional average of Home Wins 45% is rather low as a whole IMO! Lower than I thought it might be.

Probably a lot of factors involved as you say.  I do wonder if the general gentrification of football has taken away some of the home advantage and made games far less intimidating for away teams now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Probably a lot of factors involved as you say.  I do wonder if the general gentrification of football has taken away some of the home advantage and made games far less intimidating for away teams now.

I'm thinking it definitely plays a role, the greater number of identikit grounds.

Yet there are tough away games, plenty but in any given day more than as a whole bar a few clubs at the level.

On a side note, it could be counterintuitive or even plain wrong but 10-15 years ago say we had struck when the iron was hot in the GJ era. As an average it would have been tougher and more hostile for away sides especially pampered PL- East End albeit modernised, less gentrified, the stadium itself was s bit smaller and tighter- looked older. Even if less revenue streams, I think Ashton Gate in the rain, or wind and rain swirling with rain in mid winter back then- vs sides who are big therefore you relish taking down a peg, up for it would've been trickier than some of them would think.

I recall e.g. v Barnsley in that year chanting of Where's your caravan at the Atyeo end probably East End too at keeper with long hair..I expect that sort of thing even then would have come as a bit of a culture shock to some of the big boys.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Biggest issue I have this season is the hierarchy of the club writing the season off in October, then the lies that followed. It's going to take some time to accept that, if ever possible. 

We have a hierarchy!

We must have one of the poorest 'non' structured boards, with very weak characters having vague undefined roles in the league. You're so right DR.

Manning or anyone will have to be super top managers to overcome the deficiencies of those running the club 

• Like 5

Championship was a tougher league this season. Last year, 45 points = safety and 69 points got you into the playoffs, meaning there was a 4-5 point + swing this year. Have a feeling it could be better still next season, so this close season is going to be v important.

41 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Championship was a tougher league this season. Last year, 45 points = safety and 69 points got you into the playoffs, meaning there was a 4-5 point + swing this year. Have a feeling it could be better still next season, so this close season is going to be v important.

Nice to see an assessment of the points return that takes it in context. Clearly getting more points than last season is progress, and it's been done in a season where the thresholds for automatic promotion, playoffs, and relegation are all higher than last season and all notably higher than average.

Other than Rotherham, it's been a tough league, almost every team has at times been on a good run of form and played good football.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Super said:

We finished exactly where most thought we would. 

The bonkers thing is that the people inside the club thought differently!  Maybe it’s not the fans playing Football Manager. 😉

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm thinking it definitely plays a role, the greater number of identikit grounds.

Yet there are tough away games, plenty but in any given day more than as a whole bar a few clubs at the level.

On a side note, it could be counterintuitive or even plain wrong but 10-15 years ago say we had struck when the iron was hot in the GJ era. As an average it would have been tougher and more hostile for away sides especially pampered PL- East End albeit modernised, less gentrified, the stadium itself was s bit smaller and tighter- looked older. Even if less revenue streams, I think Ashton Gate in the rain, or wind and rain swirling with rain in mid winter back then- vs sides who are big therefore you relish taking down a peg, up for it would've been trickier than some of them would think.

I recall e.g. v Barnsley in that year chanting of Where's your caravan at the Atyeo end probably East End too at keeper with long hair..I expect that sort of thing even then would have come as a bit of a culture shock to some of the big boys.

Football is definitely far more comfortable now for sure.  Maybe it’s just my older years colouring my views, but it also feels to me that there’s been a big change in football culture.  

It feels like home fans go along to be entertained these days, rather than to do everything in your power to help your team, by intimidating and unsettling the opposition and especially the ‘keeper.  Nowadays, it feels more like a lot of home fans are behaving more like they’re just going to the theatre.

Not always the fans’ fault of course, as club directives and over zealous stewarding has also contributed to this blandness I reckon.

In contrast, away fans, who are usually the more hard core and passionate supporters, although greatly outnumbered by the home contingent, usually outsing them.  Maybe that change of dynamic has had an effect on the balace of home/away results too?  

• Like 2