IGNORED

Tinnion is back!

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

does fighting off mad dogs count? 👍

That particular person faced everything full on!

Wouldn't shirk anything. He was a proper man's man who will be forever a legend in my eyes.

Sacked by the completely opposite type of characters. Weak, afraid,  who didn't even have the balls to look the man in the eye.

We are left with JL and BT... so tell me please, which one of these is, should it be necessary, going to go to war for our club? Who now has the character to fight our corner?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, mozo said:

It's annoying that because of the board talking bollocks, we're all here bickering about the head coach.

Ultimately, Nige wasn't sacked because of performance or expectations. The problem was the working relationship and the perception of Nige as not what the club wanted long term. So we lose a few games and the board jump at the opportunity. 

Us all quibbling about marginal differences in pppg, xG and points from playoffs is really quite ridiculous.

Despite what the board said, the change wasn't about any of that.

We're fools for being dragged into their Narnia, when actually most City fans agree that the sacking was harsh, that it's not Manning's fault, that the board talk shit, that we all want success next season, and that Manning really needs to deliver season on season improvement from hereon in.

This post is the most nailed on I've seen all season! Sums it up well

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mozo said:

Name a City manager and I'll pick out some games they should have won but didn't 

And this is the problem with BCFC. 

The culture throughout the club is rotten. Happy to accept mediocrity because of the past. 

Surely if we are to progress we need to beat these teams yes? 

• Like 2

Manning isn't really the problem, or the cause of problems. The problem was/is he was supposed to be a continuity , someone who fitted the profile, who fitted the ideas and who would provide a seamless next step. 

Sadly the men charged with the task of spotting the next Coach , which we are told is an ongoing process so not to get caught out, don't have a clue. Then they double down with mistruths and made up stories trying to rewrite history.

Manning ideas were different from how we were playing, very different . 
Pearson had spoken about wanting to play more possession based football , the problem is he wasn't finished with the job so the hand over would never be seamless. 

Any Coach coming in would, pretty much be in the same situation. This is totally down to The Lansdowns' and Tinnion . If they had waited until the summer and Manning had a Pre-season it might not have been so messy a hand over, there wouldn't have been to split with fans opinion and it may have worked better. 

The only way out of this is either the owners have a massive reality check and employ people who not only know what they are doing, but are experienced and fit for purpose. 
Unlikely.

There is another way , but that involves them selling up and that is unlikely too. After 20 whatever years where time after time owner interference has stopped progression , you would think they would realise. From a real leader as Manager and a real CEO leading the Club, we now have a young Chairman completely out of his depth and with out a board to question and help , and a DoF who jumps petulantly on and off of Twitter to disclose things he never should.

Be interesting to know what proper Clubs think of us now.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Manning isn't really the problem, or the cause of problems. The problem was/is he was supposed to be a continuity , someone who fitted the profile, who fitted the ideas and who would provide a seamless next step. 

Sadly the men charged with the task of spotting the next Coach , which we are told is an ongoing process so not to get caught out, don't have a clue. Then they double down with mistruths and made up stories trying to rewrite history.

Manning ideas were different from how we were playing, very different . 
Pearson had spoken about wanting to play more possession based football , the problem is he wasn't finished with the job so the hand over would never be seamless. 

Any Coach coming in would, pretty much be in the same situation. This is totally down to The Lansdowns' and Tinnion . If they had waited until the summer and Manning had a Pre-season it might not have been so messy a hand over, there wouldn't have been to split with fans opinion and it may have worked better. 

The only way out of this is either the owners have a massive reality check and employ people who not only know what they are doing, but are experienced and fit for purpose. 
Unlikely.

There is another way , but that involves them selling up and that is unlikely too. After 20 whatever years where time after time owner interference has stopped progression , you would think they would realise. From a real leader as Manager and a real CEO leading the Club, we now have a young Chairman completely out of his depth and with out a board to question and help , and a DoF who jumps petulantly on and off of Twitter to disclose things he never should.

Be interesting to know what proper Clubs think of us now.

Good summary.

The danger of soundbites without understanding what’s meant to underpin them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

17 hours ago, mozo said:

It's annoying that because of the board talking bollocks, we're all here bickering about the head coach.

Ultimately, Nige wasn't sacked because of performance or expectations. The problem was the working relationship and the perception of Nige as not what the club wanted long term. So we lose a few games and the board jump at the opportunity. 

Spot on. Its even more annoying that anyone whose paid any attention to the way we are "governed" could have easily predicted that SL would not ultimately like the cut of NP's jib & it would end in tears.

If we were super ruthless you could say we used NP to get us out of a hole & jettisoned him ASAP after, however that infers a certain level of strategy & planning that I'm not sure we possess.

• Like 2
  • Flames 4

4 hours ago, Colemanballs said:

My issue with that losing run is that it was substantially self-inflicted due to Manning's insistence on playing (and persevering with) a style to which the squad were blatantly unsuited. 

That's a more constructive criticism,  and I'm not wholly in disagreement.

We've been here before. Last season, when we went on a similar  streak of poor form, Nige was blamed for his use of 3-4-3*, when we all wanted 4-3-3*.

Eventually he changed it, and the results improved.

Are we, the fans, more tactically aware than the gaffers at City? Probably not.

*derivatives of

15 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

Spot on. Its even more annoying that anyone whose paid any attention to the way we are "governed" could have easily predicted that SL would not ultimately like the cut of NP's jib & it would end in tears.

If we were super ruthless you could say we used NP to get us out of a hole & jettisoned him ASAP after, however that infers a certain level of strategy & planning that I'm not sure we possess.

Exactly. It was inevitable. Predictable.

I'm surprised it lasted that long.

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Curtis Fleming.

🤬

6 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

Too many are still making Nige v Liam.

Its two things:

1. The competence level of the hierarchy / board
  2. Liam’s performance

These are two separate things.

Re 1. I can’t be arsed to go over the same ground!

Re 2. There is 30+ games of evidence for the debate to be a Liam debate.  There will undoubtedly be the odd cross-reference back to Nige, but in a league where the average manager tenor is a little over 12 months, you’ve got to be able to hit the ground running to some extent.  The recent run has got him to next season.  He gets his preseason, he gets his second transfer window.  The ups and downs, the changes in style mean that I go into the summer unclear as to how we come out of the summer into 2024/25 season.

The summer recruitment ranges from a simple - get a no9 and no10 in, everyone else we want remains / stays, to a complex summer if certain key players leave and need replacing, or they can’t get in the no9 and no10 they want.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TDarwall said:

I actually think this is very near the mark.

I'm on record as saying we would never employ Pearson as Manager, and I was slightly shocked when we did. 
I think it was exactly as you say, they saw him as a necessary evil to get us out of a (self inflicted) hole. Then the first opportunity it's off you **** ! 

I do agree it seems unusually planned and thought out, but it does make sense. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I actually think this is very near the mark.

I'm on record as saying we would never employ Pearson as Manager, and I was slightly shocked when we did. 
I think it was exactly as you say, they saw him as a necessary evil to get us out of a (self inflicted) hole. Then the first opportunity it's off you **** ! 

I do agree it seems unusually planned and thought out, but it does make sense. 

its the way i saw it too, his op was looming and results werent great so kerching,easy excuses to bin him out, however,they cant mention not being there due to health as a reason so lets baffle fans with bullshit. unfortunately they arent to bright and never will be enough to pull the wool over the fans eyes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

That particular person faced everything full on!

Wouldn't shirk anything. He was a proper man's man who will be forever a legend in my eyes.

Sacked by the completely opposite type of characters. Weak, afraid,  who didn't even have the balls to look the man in the eye.

We are left with JL and BT... so tell me please, which one of these is, should it be necessary, going to go to war for our club? Who now has the character to fight our corner?

my answer to that would be lets hope manning got some balls tucked away there somewhere

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

my answer to that would be lets hope manning got some balls tucked away there somewhere

He’ll need them imo. Relying on Jon and Sid to do the fighting isn’t a great strategy. One thing I’ll say about Liam is he doesn’t come across as being a bit thick so on that basis he’ll now realise “what” he’s dealing with.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

On 05/05/2024 at 06:08, FNQ said:

From a points perspective we’ve finished this season further away from the top 6 and closer to the bottom 3 than where we finished last season. In fact, we are now, within 1 point, as far away from the top 6 as we are away from relegation. 

If we continue to trend progressively as Tinnion sees it, we’ll be going down in a couple of years time.

The fact that he was unprofessional enough to post that tweet just about sums up our plight.

Similarly the team in 6th last season finished on lower points and also its very rare a team go down with 50 points but Birmingham did this season. I’d say this season was a stronger league so to get more points and get top half is still a decent achievement 

7 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

One thing I’ll say about Liam is he doesn’t come across as being a bit thick so on that basis he’ll now realise “the *****” he’s dealing with.

That's a fair shout, here's hoping 🤞

1 minute ago, StGeorge said:

One thing I’ll say about Liam is he doesn’t come across as being a bit thick so on that basis he’ll now realise “the *****” he’s dealing with.

Swear filter. Meant to say " Big Brains on the Block" aka ***** :)