IGNORED

Ollie Pearce

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

What lovely responses from folk who have never seen the lad play.  Rather like City’s recruitment strategies under BT andJL.

I shall now recover from the defeat by gazing out at the grey grey sea here in Sussex

As long as you don’t wander up the coast to Beachy Head !!!

7 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

We won’t be signing 28 year olds from the National League South. I thought he would be a 21 year old kid with people saying they give up if we’re not scouting him…………

Still makes me laugh when a Preston scout came to watch our (Brislington) centre-forward, who was banging them in for fun.

Asked a fan which player was the one he was watching, and saw a prematurely greying striker being pointed out, and asked how old he was.  About 30 was the reply back.  Scout got in his car, effing and jeffing, and drove straight off.

7 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

They might be but you do realise how big the jump is from National League South to the Championship?

Yes that'd some jump in standard. And I felt if we sign the 20 + goal striker he would be ready to drop straight into first team training and squads

fe21601b37ee793c7eee5373d6a1ed9e.thumb.jpeg.8955009012ce18f2017cdf3f34cb5b81.jpeg

8 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

What lovely responses from folk who have never seen the lad play.  Rather like City’s recruitment strategies under BT andJL.

I shall now recover from the defeat by gazing out at the grey grey sea here in Sussex

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Still makes me laugh when a Preston scout came to watch our (Brislington) centre-forward, who was banging them in for fun.

Asked a fan which player was the one he was watching, and saw a prematurely greying striker being pointed out, and asked how old he was.  About 30 was the reply back.  Scout got in his car, effing and jeffing, and drove straight off.

Hahahaha maybe this Pearce guy is the next Vardy we don't know, but at 28 he's not one for the future.  That being said that's a lot of goals, but very much doubt he's on anyone's radar.