IGNORED

Moyes to leave West Ham

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Proper Director of Football?

Make him an offer Steve 

I don’t really see the logic of offering a role he has never done nor shown any desire to do or suitability for, especially when that is the exact criticism aimed at Tinnion.

If we wanted an experienced Director of Football, we should get an experienced Director of Football. If we ever want to appoint Moyes, it should be in the job he has getting on for thirty years experience of actually doing.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don’t really see the logic of offering a role he has never done nor shown any desire to do or suitability for, especially when that is the exact criticism aimed at Tinnion.

If we wanted an experienced Director of Football, we should get an experienced Director of Football. If we ever want to appoint Moyes, it should be in the job he has getting on for thirty years experience of actually doing.

I see the point. 

Because he a wealth of experience in football. 

Unlike our overlords. 

So it won't happen anyway.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I see the point. 

Because he a wealth of experience in football. 

Unlike our overlords. 

So it won't happen anyway.

A wealth of experience, indeed. And all of it as a manager, none of it as a Director of Football.

Being a Director of Football requires a different skill set to being a Manager which is why Man City, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Arsenal and pretty much every other major club have Directors of football that are experienced as Directors of Football, rather than appointing someone with managerial experience to a job outside of their skill set on the off chance they might succeed. 

Bringing Moyes in as Director of Football is pretty much as logical as bringing in Erling Haaland in as our new goalkeeper. I don’t want square pegs in round holes. Moyes is deservedly respected as a manager and we’d be lucky to have him here in that capacity - something long overdue after he was overlooked for Pulis -  but appointing Moyes as a Director of Football would be further evidence that the club were clueless as to what a Director of Football actually is.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

A wealth of experience, indeed. And all of it as a manager, none of it as a Director of Football.

Being a Director of Football requires a different skill set to being a Manager which is why Man City, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Arsenal and pretty much every other major club have Directors of football that are experienced as Directors of Football, rather than appointing someone with managerial experience to a job outside of their skill set on the off chance they might succeed. 

Bringing Moyes in as Director of Football is pretty much as logical as bringing in Erling Haaland in as our new goalkeeper. I don’t want square pegs in round holes. Moyes is deservedly respected as a manager and we’d be lucky to have him here in that capacity - something long overdue after he was overlooked for Pulis -  but appointing Moyes as a Director of Football would be further evidence that the club were clueless as to what a Director of Football actually is.

I'm not saying that we should bring him in, in any role. 

All that I am saying is that he has a wealth of experience in football, and would not cowtow to the egos at this football club. 

So it's a non starter. 

• Like 1

I think he's said in the past that he's turned down jobs in Europe before and would like to try it. Wouldn't surprise me if he went to Germany or Holland. 

Man United will be looking for a manager soon though 🤣

5 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

I think he's said in the past that he's turned down jobs in Europe before and would like to try it. Wouldn't surprise me if he went to Germany or Holland. 

Man United will be looking for a manager soon though 🤣

I was going to say Manure should re-appoint him. 

7 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

He managed Real Sociedad 10 years ago.

He's getting on a bit now and might not fancy the upheaval of managing in Europe again.

• Like 1

Imagine finding out Moysie is well up for taking us over only for the club to decide to offer the job to Tony Pulis...  In fact, no need to imagine....just need to remember instead.... 😭

I still think if he was to drop out of the Prem we would be a club he'd be willing to talk to again - he's spoken very fondly of his time with the club, but the role you'd want him for is already taken and sadly that doesn't look like changing any time soon.

• Hmmm 1

8 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Imagine finding out Moysie is well up for taking us over only for the club to decide to offer the job to Tony Pulis...  In fact, no need to imagine....just need to remember instead.... 😭

I still think if he was to drop out of the Prem we would be a club he'd be willing to talk to again - he's spoken very fondly of his time with the club, but the role you'd want him for is already taken and sadly that doesn't look like changing any time soon.

It was between Pulis and Peter Taylor, back in 1999. 

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/sport/taylors-city-link-13441/

Edited by Curr Avon

3 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

It was between Pulis and Peter Taylor, back in 1999. 

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/sport/taylors-city-link-13441/

Nope. Taylor was courted, but it was well known at the time that Moyes was abroad on a pre session tour with Preston. He'd agreed to come back to the UK to interview for the job. A process that was considered to be a formality as he'd indicated he'd take the job. Instead he was phoned in the airport to say the job had been given to Penis. He referred to it in an interview with the Bristol Post a few years back, though not in as much detail.

38 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Nope. Taylor was courted, but it was well known at the time that Moyes was abroad on a pre session tour with Preston. He'd agreed to come back to the UK to interview for the job. A process that was considered to be a formality as he'd indicated he'd take the job. Instead he was phoned in the airport to say the job had been given to Penis. He referred to it in an interview with the Bristol Post a few years back, though not in as much detail.

Fair point. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Ok forgive me if I am missing something here. But who and why would you give the job to Pulis without carrying out the interview with Moyes who had already indicated he would accept it ?

10 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Ok forgive me if I am missing something here. But who and why would you give the job to Pulis without carrying out the interview with Moyes who had already indicated he would accept it ?

Sorry - are you forgetting which clubs forum you're on here....?!?