IGNORED

BCFC Heritage and Archive

Hi all.

Apologies if I missed it but does anyone know how you to can get involved with the Heritage and Archive initiative. I have items that the club might be interested in. Some 10 years back when the idea of a museum was put forward I contacted the club, they took my details as they were interested and told me they would be in touch. Still waiting…

The website mentions the launch but not how to get involved???

.thanks in advance. 

I have 100s maybe  a couple of thousand programmes going back to the 40s (all home and away from the First Division Days), programmes from obscure games, some full sets of home programmes from other seasons in the 60s and 70s. Also a comprehensive collection of John Atyeo programmes (first game, last game, all internationals, other games of note in his career) plus a few other Atyeo related items - mostly cards, cuttings etc.. Also newspaper cuttings going back 50 years, Green Un's from the 70s, old team photos going back 100 years, cards, stickers, magazines, badges, 1970s scrapbooks etc etc. Much more! It's largely my dad's collection but after he died I continued the collection until life became too busy and now they're stored in my loft. Hoping that the club will be interested in some items as a legacy to my dear old dad. I plan to sort thoroughly when I move this time next year. 

I'm not currently looking at selling or donating to other collectors. Just interested in lending some or even donating some items to the Heritage and Archive initiative.

• Admin
56 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

I have 100s maybe  a couple of thousand programmes going back to the 40s (all home and away from the First Division Days), programmes from obscure games, some full sets of home programmes from other seasons in the 60s and 70s. Also a comprehensive collection of John Atyeo programmes (first game, last game, all internationals, other games of note in his career) plus a few other Atyeo related items - mostly cards, cuttings etc.. Also newspaper cuttings going back 50 years, Green Un's from the 70s, old team photos going back 100 years, cards, stickers, magazines, badges, 1970s scrapbooks etc etc. Much more! It's largely my dad's collection but after he died I continued the collection until life became too busy and now they're stored in my loft. Hoping that the club will be interested in some items as a legacy to my dear old dad. I plan to sort thoroughly when I move this time next year. 

I'm not currently looking at selling or donating to other collectors. Just interested in lending some or even donating some items to the Heritage and Archive initiative.

Sounds perfect for what Patch and Scott are looking for

They need more people to share what they have to ensure collections and old memorabilia are not lost

• Admin
5 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

I’ve messaged them. Thanks for help!

I'm sure you will hear back from them, but if you don't within a couple of days let me know and I will message Scott directly for you

I had a meeting at Ashton gate many years ago about the museum, and left a number of bits and pieces and personal photos i had taken while a photographer at home and away matches. I have had no contact since. Another promise undelivered.

Hi NTTDS

We met once many, many years ago at a programme fair. As soon as I find time to sort I will let you know. I live in North London although moving back west in a year or so. 
Green un’s are mainly from the old first division days. 

Thanks to Phantom I am already in discussion with the Heritage and Archive initiative. 

Happy to help you add to your collection.