IGNORED

Tonights Playoff games.

I have an irrational but very strong hatred of Doncaster. Mainly because I think their fans are a massive bunch of pricks. 

At the same time, I have a soft spot for Crew. Why? Because they one one of the many teams that shared the label on my first Bristol City subboteo set.  Funnily enough, that love in hasn’t extended to Swindon, who were also on there. 

Well I don’t think anybody anywhere expected that to happen. One win in ten Crewe, turning around a two goal defecit against unstoppable eleven wins in twelve Doncaster. Extraordinary. Imagine not loving football … 

• Like 3

On 07/05/2024 at 23:10, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seem to recall Lille winning it a few years ago, Monaco in 2016-17.

Both sides got picked apart in the subsequent season/summer of course and Lens or someone ran PSG close last year.

I think PSG are somewhat overrated anyway. Ligue 1 lacks a stronger Lyon, Marseille, Monaco- every now and then maybe but in general.

They lack the belief to get it over the line . Like we lack the belief to get to the Prem. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

They lack the belief to get it over the line . Like we lack the belief to get to the Prem. 

we do mot lack belief, we lack reality. We have a bunch of idiots, led by crayola boy, who actually think the know what they are doing is correct. We lack ability. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Well I don’t think anybody anywhere expected that to happen. One win in ten Crewe, turning around a two goal defecit against unstoppable eleven wins in twelve Doncaster. Extraordinary. Imagine not loving football … 

Exactly,all those who say things like ' we shouldn't be losing to the likes of them' ! This is what makes football the game that we love.

• Like 2

Just now, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I used to live in Crewe, so am quite pleased that they have pulled it off. They were in the Championship when I was there!

And weirdly, I remember seeing a very young lad in Morrisons, wearing an 80s Hirerite BC82 top. Quite freaked.me at the time.

10 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Not sure why but I just cannot get motivated by league two. 

Thanks for sharing.

I have zero interest in rugby or Formula One, no one cares about my view on this, either.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Thanks for sharing.

I have zero interest in rugby or Formula One, no one cares about my view on this, either.

That's interesting, Graham, tell me more...?

:ph34r:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, RollsRoyce said:

we do mot lack belief, we lack reality. We have a bunch of idiots, led by crayola boy, who actually think the know what they are doing is correct. We lack ability. 

If Lansdown believed he would , for a start have backed Cotts with his recruitment of two top players, Gray and Maguire ( IIRC) Then backed GJ with quality when we were on a roll . Instead tried to do it on the cheap. 
Two golden opportunities that most owners would not have let pass.

For all his qualities Lansdown doesn’t strike me as ‘ ballsy’ enough to force the door down to join the Prem party .