IGNORED

Tonights Playoff games.

8 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Will Crawley creep their way into League one or Crewe derail them ? 

Which one is likely to do better when paying at the Mem?

Crawley nicked 6th place on the final game of the season. Got me wondering what the most successful play off finishing position has been across the divisions.

Edit: To sort of answer my own question, interesting read...

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/football-league-play-off-statistics-is-it-really-better-to-finish-third-or-has-the-tide-turned-in-recent-years

Edited by Gazred

On 11/05/2024 at 08:47, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm up in Glasgow for the game today, was in the pub last night and realised Partick were playing Airdrie in the play offs, so nipped along there. Great atmosphere from both sets of fans, love the paly offs :)

I raise you Italian Serie D play off: Varese v Vado.

Probably a bit warmer here than Glasgow too!! 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Well, that`s two hours of my life I won`t get back. On to Baggies & Saints - hopefully they can entertain us a bit more.

If not promoted West Brom have had their 3 years of parachutes and Norwich will be on their third year, so losing some of their advantage, in a division of unequals for that reason only want Leeds or Southampton to win the play offs 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

If not promoted West Brom have had their 3 years of parachutes and Norwich will be on their third year, so losing some of their advantage, in a division of unequals for that reason only want Leeds or Southampton to win the play offs 

WBA actually only had 2 years as yoyo clubs only get 55%, 45% and then 20% 

See also Norwich if they stay down and Watford- only does a 2nd successive year or more qualify a club for the 3rd and final.

Ergo Norwich if they stay down will be from Year 2 Parachutes to EFL cash, WBA will be Year 2 Parachutes, EFL cash Year 1, EFL cash Year 2.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

WBA actually only had 2 years as yoyo clubs only get 55%, 45% and then 20% 

See also Norwich if they stay down and Watford- only does a 2nd successive year or more qualify a club for the 3rd and final.

Ergo Norwich if they stay down will be from Year 2 Parachutes to EFL cash, WBA will be Year 2 Parachutes, EFL cash Year 1, EFL cash Year 2.

Oh ok that sounds even better , fingers crossed 

2 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Oh ok that sounds even better , fingers crossed 

Yeah, it does but I don't really have faith in us.

Releasing James isn't a great start- however given we have one of the non Parachute top incomes it should assist a fair amount yes or could do anyway.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah, it does but I don't really have faith in us.

Releasing James isn't a great start- however given we have one of the non Parachute top incomes it should assist a fair amount yes or could do anyway.

I get it but James who i think has been excellent for us is 33 in July and it’s a big ask to offer two years or more on his top wages which I think is what he would have wanted, we also don’t know what the internal discussions have been , eg James said two years at least and maybe has offers in the bag so never got beyond that 

• Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

I get it but James who i think has been excellent for us is 33 in July and it’s a big ask to offer two years or more on his top wages which I think is what he would have wanted, we also don’t know what the internal discussions have been , eg James said two years at least and maybe has offers in the bag so never got beyond that 

Lots of ifs, buts and maybes……you are right, we don’t know how conversations went or whether someone just wanted him out full stop and there were none. It’s one of those where I would have been happy if he stayed but wouldn’t break the bank to keep him either.

The point now is that Tinnion has some very decent wedge available to him to recruit players that will help Manning. Let’s see what we get instead of James, King and Andi……………..

• Like 3