IGNORED

We’re Recruiting!

18 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

As I’m sure you’re aware, Yeovil have also recently been given a bit of grief on social media for wanting a full time unpaid medical intern.

In the old days that would be Les Bardsley running on in his warehouseman's coat with his sponge and miracle water !!  How times change 😂

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Nothing particular to add that hasn't already been said, but wanted to say this has been a fascinating read of a thread. And I echo the overarching sentiment re the way clubs pay staff.

A friend of mine is currently working as a recruitment analyst for a championship club alongside studying a MSc in Sports Performance - it sounds like very hard work for in his case, no pay.

Edited by Distortia
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, GrahamC said:

“Competitive”, my arse.

My team (of circa 100) pays around £27k as a starting salary to the most junior grade with this year’s pay award (due last month, but not settled with the unions yet) to come on top.

This amount isn’t competitive at all, it just strikes me as another attempt to do something important on the cheap.

Bristol City/Bristol Sport are quite poor payers salary wise to their employees. I think they expect people to be 'honoured' being allowed to work for them. Many employees just treat it as a job and aren't fans of football or rugby etc at all, they aren't emotionally engaged with the club at all.

There are some employees who work extremely hard, a lot is expected of them eg 12 hour days at busy times, working 10 days straight without a break. But there are some employees too that produce very little and are allowed to do so, many companies have these people but there is an excess within some departments there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Henry said:

You’d assume that’s 20 days plus 8 bank holidays which is the legal minimum.

But any job not advertising the salary is a massive red flag for me.

I believe employees get the 8 Bank Holidays added to their leave. Most BH are working days though due to fixtures being played so these are just 'standard' days and not time and a half or whatever. No different to my place of work though.

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

Bristol City/Bristol Sport are quite poor payers salary wise to their employees. I think they expect people to be 'honoured' being allowed to work for them. Many employees just treat it as a job and aren't fans of football or rugby etc at all, they aren't emotionally engaged with the club at all.

There are some employees who work extremely hard, a lot is expected of them eg 12 hour days at busy times, working 10 days straight without a break. But there are some employees too that produce very little and are allowed to do so, many companies have these people but there is an excess within some departments there.

Must be tough being told to come on here and constantly spread the word of what an amazing job the board and manager are doing.

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Must be tough being told to come on here and constantly spread the word of what an amazing job the board and manager are doing.

This must be management level  and above as 'normal' level employees haven't been encouraged to do this from my knowledge, if there is any truth in them doing so 🤷‍♀️