IGNORED

How long have you been on here?

On 11/05/2024 at 03:53, Ian M said:

Anyone who joined in October 2003 probably joined earlier. That’s when we changed to invision. I was madger back in those days.

How the hell has it taken me over 20 years being on this forum to now only find out about this?! 😂

16 hours ago, White Stripe said:

I've been on Otib since it looked this the screenshot below. I took this screenshot from web.archive.org from 2001.  I've had several forum names.

I scraped the data from three pages.  Beneath this image I've pasted a list of user names and a list of discussion topics (there's nothing new under the sun).

image.thumb.png.23505d37e04cd2c652a2ba5f1dd1778a.png

Role Call

1234NICK
Andy G
ATYES6
Barman
Barney
Barton Hill Re...
Big Red Rich
BishopstonRed
Bristol Bert
Bristol Boy
Cidered
Dids
female knowle ...
fRED
gaz
Harry May
im_ctid
joshouk
Kingswood Red
KingswoodRed
Maxie
mikey b
Northred
Percy Parrot
PhatWill
Razor
Reader
Red Goblin
RedBadger
Robbie Robin
robertsmc1
Rossi
SEBOK
sken
Skinred
smithos
Smug Red Cat
Southport Red
SteveH
super peacock
ted pitman
Top Man
whitey
Zider_Head

Topics

ARE YOU A POTENTIAL WEBMASTER?
BCFC Fans Team
Big Red Rich
Bloody Germans!
Boot Room
city fans unite!
citys best 11!
City's nasty player (part 1)
City's nasty player (part 2)
correction(gas still losing)
dark sides goals on sky
DONT BOOK UP !!!!!
Fans Forum Players Of The Season [View All]
Finsih the Thorpey debate now!!! Do...
Football fans click here!!!
Forum concern..
FORUM REPLY
Found Nokia Pictures !
fresh look for saturday.
Gas 0-2 Posh
Gas donkeys to lose tonight????????...
Home Support On Monday
Hypocrites?
I Have Returned
I need a lift?
I was in Blackpool
I was told not to clap!!!!
If all our strikers are fit?
Is there an active chat room tonigh...
I'VE CHANGED MY MIND!
Keith Millen!!!!!
Kidderminter Kiddies
late thoughts on Mondays game (or M...
Madger
NEW KIT!!
Next Seasons line up
Players for DW to sign
posh 1-0
premiership standard [View All]
Reasons For Hope
rovers 2-2
scum lose 2-1
Shop sales
Silver Anniversary
sky sports.com dark sides goal
Suppoters footy team details
TEAM CHANGES SATURDAY?
The forgotten men.
THE GAS R GOIN DOWN!!!!
Tony Thorpe
Tony Thorpe's Wages.
UNDECIDED
VOTE FOR GOODRIDGE
WARNING:This will annoy some people
Well done the Gas!!
Whatever happened to....
WHATS HAPPENED TO NEW STAND??
Who's Going To Notts County?
wigan
WIGAN ALL TICKET???

What happened to the Oliver Cromwell/ Soviet Russia/ UKIP groupie, Red Goblin? Utterly barking, he was.

17 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

What happened to the Oliver Cromwell/ Soviet Russia/ UKIP groupie, Red Goblin? Utterly barking, he was.

He became Mr. Mosquito and last visited the forum in 2021 although I think he stopped posting long before that.

He had his own section on Ziderheads iirc.

Barking or not he was a real character and for such an ever present poster over so many years it's strange he suddenly stopped completely.

Another one is Esmond Millions Bung, 27k posts in 10 years, disappeared in 2019.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I met him a few times.  Bloke was as mad in real life as his posting style suggests. Lovely though.  

• Like 1

Officially May 7, 2007 but have been kicking around since the days of the City List where it was all via email.

Even sponsored something maybe Simon Clist (see what we did there!), or maybe a match, when Danny Wilson was manager.  Whatever it was, we had a good day out in hospitality yonks ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He became Mr. Mosquito and last visited the forum in 2021 although I think he stopped posting long before that.

He had his own section on Ziderheads iirc.

Barking or not he was a real character and for such an ever present poster over so many years it's strange he suddenly stopped completely.

Another one is Esmond Millions Bung, 27k posts in 10 years, disappeared in 2019.

I miss BobBobSuperBob too. What happened to him?

• Like 1

13 years this year for me. 

And here’s a pointless humble-brag… for every face palm I get, I get 867 likes. 

Although I feel this post may actually bring that ratio down a little. 

In all seriousness, OTIB is the best forum I’ve ever joined. Some of the rival clubs’ sites are an absolute car crash. We’re lucky to have OTIB, so thank you to all who run it and thank you to all of you for contributing. There are many I’d gladly buy a pint for. Cheers. 

• Facepalm 10

I remember Godzilla, Percy Parrot, Big Red Rich none of whom post these days - unless it’s under a different username.

Three more who no longer post - Edson, Richieb and orj. The tree of them used to get into some fierce debates. 

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

In all seriousness, OTIB is the best forum I’ve ever joined. Some of the rival clubs’ sites are an absolute car crash. We’re lucky to have OTIB, so thank you to all who run it and thank you to all of you for contributing. There are many I’d gladly buy a pint for. 

I completely agree Fordy. 

I’ve visited almost all of the Championship clubs message boards/forums and the only one that comes close to otib is Owlstalk.
All the others are very mediocre at best.

1 hour ago, Brizzle said:

Officially May 7, 2007 but have been kicking around since the days of the City List where it was all via email.

Even sponsored something maybe Simon Clist (see what we did there!), or maybe a match, when Danny Wilson was manager.  Whatever it was, we had a good day out in hospitality yonks ago.

City List began in 1996 (I think). As a group I think we did two matches in hospitality, I still have the memento from one of them....

20240513_113117.jpg

• Like 3

Like many I’ve been here since the start and in its previous format. 

Like a few I was also on the City List as well, when it was just an email distribution list not even a forum. I can’t recall going to the games @richwwtk mentions but I met a few on the list in the mid 90s in the pubs before games, like JP and Jer Boon, maybe even others here actually come to think of it! 

Edited by One Team

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I remember Edson being very funny, as long as you weren't the subject of his humour.

He and another poster who’s name I can’t remember used to produce a booklet called ‘Incider’ - that was a good read and very amusing.

• Like 1

• Admin
5 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I’ve been here since around 2001 under different names. Met so many amazing people from here. 

Madger was you? 😂

Yes, I'm not sure why that's funny but I'll happily take the credit!

4 hours ago, Akira said:

How the hell has it taken me over 20 years being on this forum to now only find out about this?! 😂

I changed to Ian M around the same time Tom F changed from Tomarse. There had been some big drama about our usernames being unprofessional or something iirc. Unprofessional on a volunteer ran message board 😂

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He and another poster who’s name I can’t remember used to produce a booklet called ‘Incider’ - that was a good read and very amusing.

Edson, RedTop & Tomarse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, One Team said:

Like a few I was also on the City List as well, when it was just an email distribution list not even a forum. I can’t recall going to the games @richwwtk mentions but I met a few on the list in the mid 90s in the pubs before games, like JP and Jer Boon, maybe even others here actually come to think of it! 

I wasn't aware of previous meetups thought they may have happened, but it was in 1996 that I met up with Jer in the Dolman at a pre-season friendly to talk about and maybe help with his CybeReds website he was planning on starting. I had started my own prior to that but it never had more than a small handful of visitors and went nowhere.

That initial meeting then very quickly led to a Mailing List meetup at The Pumphouse, which progressed over time to a good 20-30 people, sometimes more,turning up at the Nova Scotia before every game, it was a really good and vibrant community at the time. I miss it.

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I wasn't aware of previous meetups thought they may have happened, but it was in 1996 that I met up with Jer in the Dolman at a pre-season friendly to talk about and maybe help with his CybeReds website he was planning on starting. I had started my own prior to that but it never had more than a small handful of visitors and went nowhere.

That initial meeting then very quickly led to a Mailing List meetup at The Pumphouse, which progressed over time to a good 20-30 people, sometimes more,turning up at the Nova Scotia before every game, it was a really good and vibrant community at the time. I miss it.

Indeed that’s where I met a few Rich, in the Nova Scotia, mid 90s. Mailing list was great back then. 

What was your site I must’ve seen it? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, One Team said:

Indeed that’s where I met a few Rich, in the Nova Scotia, mid 90s. Mailing list was great back then. 

What was your site I must’ve seen it? 

It was long gone by the end of 1996. Just one of those free @btinternet pages you used to get when signing up with their service back then. I tried and learned I had no aptitude for running a website, had no idea what I was doing!

The only other websites I found back then were a text-only site run by a guy in (I believe) Switzerland of all places, and a site that was run by JR.

There was someone that I scanned a squad photo for their website I remember as well, as pictures on websites were't so common then and took forever to load for a lot of people.

Also a brother and sister that ran a site.

My memory of it all is very sketchy, and from 1996 onwards there were a lot of sites springing up, @Olé was one of the early ones and will probably remember much better than me as he actually had some success!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Yes, I'm not sure why that's funny but I'll happily take the credit!

I changed to Ian M around the same time Tom F changed from Tomarse. There had been some big drama about our usernames being unprofessional or something iirc. Unprofessional on a volunteer ran message board 😂

Edson, RedTop & Tomarse.

Fun fact: I believe RedTop was “Lenny Lottery” at the Sun. Bizarrely I think that at one time we had him, Dominic Mohan (once Showbiz editor then full editor) and Ian King (business editor - now on Sky) all working in senior positions at the paper and City fans.

Never mind lads. At least you had taste in football.

IMG_3043.jpeg

On 11/05/2024 at 12:34, BigTone said:

MaloneFM was another. Then of course who will forget Giles and his love affair !!! (see "Hiya I'm new here" in archive)

Appreciate this shout, as definitely don't remember this gem, gonna check it out now, may even roll back the years and check out some of the other classics for old times sake. Some proper hilarious threads, best is still going up to Hartlepool... 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Edson, RedTop & Tomarse.

I think that Tomarse became TomF, Edson simply vanished as did Redtop who was literally a redtop journalist.

Orj was someone who could argue with himself in an empty room.

2 hours ago, One Team said:

Ah JP, supported Man City when they were proper rubbish!  And tales of scooters being thrown from the top tier of the San Siro from our international member.

• Like 1