IGNORED

How long have you been on here?

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

I'd be up for a meet up, especially as I plan moving back down west. Plus I know absolutely no-one in Bristol, apart from a couple of family.

There's a fortnightly one at Ashton Gate, usually from mid August onwards

(If there really was one I might go, but avoid some of the other politics forum folk for my own safety(/sanity))

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brizzle said:

Ah JP, supported Man City when they were proper rubbish!  And tales of scooters being thrown from the top tier of the San Siro from our international member.

I don't think JP ever made it to anything City related beyond the Mailing List.

Bizarrely, a couple of years after he kinda disappeared I was outside the Maternity Hospital on St Michaels Hill on the night my son was born in 2006 and he walked past. We had a brief chat and I have not seen or heard of him since.

21 minutes ago, Brizzle said:

Ah JP, supported Man City when they were proper rubbish!  And tales of scooters being thrown from the top tier of the San Siro from our international member.

That’s the chap, had a few pints with him in the Nova back in the day. As you supported Man City when it wasn’t fashionable to do so! 

1 hour ago, Akira said:

Appreciate this shout, as definitely don't remember this gem, gonna check it out now, may even roll back the years and check out some of the other classics for old times sake. Some proper hilarious threads, best is still going up to Hartlepool... 🤣

That Hartlepool thread still makes me laugh whenever I think about it. 

It’s weird seeing some of the usernames from the past who have disappeared. Septic Peg is another one. There was also a poster whose name I can’t remember (I think it had ‘red’ at the start) who often started thought-provoking threads. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I may be wrong, and apologise most sincerely if I am, but it is certainly what I always thought.

I don’t know him and it might be 2+2 = 5 but I’ve seen him active on Twitter, massive City fan and similar age to Robbo so would tie in with knowing him from Supporters Club - just seemed to all fit.

@Robbored- Is this the same guy you know?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I think that Tomarse became TomF, Edson simply vanished as did Redtop who was literally a redtop journalist.

Orj was someone who could argue with himself in an empty room.

I was under the impression that Redtop was Dominic Mohan, and that with living in London for so long he eventually switched to a London team instead.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Mohan

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I was under the impression that Redtop was Dominic Mohan, and that with living in London for so long he eventually switched to a London team instead.

You could well be right Eddie. It Hadn’t occurred to me that Redtop was a proper journalist like the Bristolian Dominic Mohan.

13 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

No, definitely a different bloke.

His name was known when he was on here, can't remember it now.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Yep - it was Kustard not Kurton. Close tho!

@Robbored Kustard still loves the City and goes to several games a season. Wisely gave up the forum a long time ago, as there are far more important things to spend your life doing... 

... aren't there?? 

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No, definitely a different bloke.

His name was known when he was on here, can't remember it now.

Brian....? He was definitely a Sun journalist I IIRC. 

He wrote the Incider along with Tom and Edson. 

Edited by City Rocker
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, City Rocker said:

Brian....? He was definitely a Sun journalist I IIRC. 

Pretty sure it was Brian, we'll get there eventually!

He organised a guard of honour from the forum to welcome back an injured Rovers supporting soldier at Lulsgate iirc.

20 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

@Robbored Kustard still loves the City and goes to several games a season. Wisely gave up the forum a long time ago, as there are far more important things to spend your life doing... 

... aren't there?? 

Definitely, especially when you’re retired and getting involved and playing for the bowls club. That takes up a lot of my time.

Don’t why Kustard quit otib - she was great fun.