IGNORED

How long have you been on here?

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I was under the impression that Redtop was Dominic Mohan, and that with living in London for so long he eventually switched to a London team instead.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Mohan

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

You could well be right Eddie. It Hadn’t occurred to me that Redtop was a proper journalist like the Bristolian Dominic Mohan.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No, definitely a different bloke.

His name was known when he was on here, can't remember it now.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Pretty sure it was Brian, we'll get there eventually!

He organised a guard of honour from the forum to welcome back an injured Rovers supporting soldier at Lulsgate iirc.

Lads - I solved this riddle earlier on. It was Brian Flynn, who made his name as “Lenny Lottery” at the Sun initially…

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Fun fact: I believe RedTop was “Lenny Lottery” at the Sun. Bizarrely I think that at one time we had him, Dominic Mohan (once Showbiz editor then full editor) and Ian King (business editor - now on Sky) all working in senior positions at the paper and City fans.

Never mind lads. At least you had taste in football.

IMG_3043.jpeg

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Lads - I solved this riddle earlier on. It was Brian Flynn, who made his name as “Lenny Lottery” at the Sun initially…

Brian Flynn was Redtop. I remember attending a few games with him. Really lovely bloke. I wish I could remember my original forum name. 

I’ve been around for 15 years or so. Bit sad that I’ve been talking to strangers on a forum for half of my life! But it’s been fun…

Remember the likes of Esmund Millions Bung, Jordan Tansley, Executed Wolf, Fiale who I haven’t seen on here for years who were regular posters.

Just now, New Dazzler said:

Yes, I remember her.  And for some reason I think she was around at the same time as Steve Brooker's "stalker", although I can't remember her username.

Sarah B!!!

I’m sure the B stood for Brooker on the basis she genuinely thought she’d end up marrying him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve been around for 15 years or so. Bit sad that I’ve been talking to strangers on a forum for half of my life! But it’s been fun…

Remember the likes of Esmund Millions Bung, Jordan Tansley, Executed Wolf, Fiale who I haven’t seen on here for years who were regular posters.

Wow! That’s a blast from the past. Iirc Edmund resided in France and he explained the complexities and the tactics of the Tour de France on here. He really helped me appreciate just how incredible the the Tour is.

28 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Jordan not on here anymore, but I chat with him a lot on Twitter DMs.  Got a lot of good thoughts on football.

@Dollymarie how’s @Septic Peg?

9 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Yes, I remember her.  And for some reason I think she was around at the same time as Steve Brooker's "stalker", although I can't remember her username.

They were definitely different people. Sarah B is married now… no idea on Gems sorry!

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Jordan not on here anymore, but I chat with him a lot on Twitter DMs.  Got a lot of good thoughts on football.

@Dollymarie how’s @Septic Peg?

I messaged her on Facebook when you tagged me a couple weeks back. She hasn’t seen the message sorry. I don’t have any other way to contact her :( 

• Like 1

• Admin
21 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I'd be up for a meet up, especially as I plan moving back down west. Plus I know absolutely no-one in Bristol, apart from a couple of family.

I would suggest this as a starting point 

14 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

The Giles thread is still one of my absolute favourite threads on here! 

I hate to say whenever I see him at a game now, I can never unsee that thread

14 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Sarah B!!!

I’m sure the B stood for Brooker on the basis she genuinely thought she’d end up marrying him.

As Dolls says, she is now married

She does watch the Women's team as shown here